PDA

View Full Version : White Mage Challenge: Easy?!

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Wow...I blew through the first few parts of the all white mage challenge in like a couple hours. Of course now my emu computer's in the shop...so I just lost my data...but wow that was easy.

Why is FF I, the greatest game ever created (besides Shaq-Fu and ET) so easy?

Martyr
11-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Wow...I blew through the first few parts of the all white mage challenge in like a couple hours. Of course now my emu computer's in the shop...so I just lost my data...but wow that was easy.

Well I'm glad that it was so easy for you.
Try soloing if you want it harder.

And, also, if you don't think the game is great, try F/T/WM/BM. That way you can play the game, it should pose difficulty, be interesting, be fun, and be exciting, and you can utilize and access all the weapons and armors and such.

But seriously, why is it the greatest game ever? Are you kidding? Did you really just play it and then come to some bizarre conclusion other than that the game is the definition of grandeur awesomeness?

You're lying.

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 02:56 AM

Well I'm glad that it was so easy for you.
Try soloing if you want it harder.

And, also, if you don't think the game is great, try F/T/WM/BM. That way you can play the game, it should pose difficulty, be interesting, be fun, and be exciting, and you can utilize and access all the weapons and armors and such.

But seriously, why is it the greatest game ever? Are you kidding? Did you really just play it and then come to some bizarre conclusion other than that the game is the definition of grandeur awesomeness?

You're lying.

I'm gonna try Black Mage solo since it should be near impossible without cure magic. But really, the game was just beyond awesome. Everything worked, it was simple, gave you character customization, had the great art (sprites whoo!) and the music owned. Plus Garland knocked us all down!

Martyr
11-09-2006, 03:00 AM
Solo BM isn't as hard as you'd think, since he oozes death from his fingertips in the beginning, making the rough early stage levelling comparatively easier than most of the other classes except the fighter (Who just pwns everything).

But if you fight Kary before Class Change, she'll give you Hell just like you've always imagined it.

And if you don't class change...

Well, if you don't class change I'm pretyty sure you get Ice3 anyway, so it that ain't no big deal.

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Solo BM isn't as hard as you'd think, since he oozes death from his fingertips in the beginning, making the rough early stage levelling comparatively easier than most of the other classes except the fighter (Who just pwns everything).

But if you fight Kary before Class Change, she'll give you Hell just like you've always imagined it.

And if you don't class change...

Well, if you don't class change I'm pretyty sure you get Ice3 anyway, so it that ain't no big deal.

Oh I'll find a way to make it hard. I'll...gameshark it so that the enemies are invincible...or something. :|

Fire_Emblem776
11-09-2006, 03:58 AM
Dont class change, dont get ribbons. Have fun staying alive.

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 04:09 AM
Dont class change, dont get ribbons. Have fun staying alive.

Oh I'm sure Garland will sufficiently knock me down. :P

DarkLadyNyara
11-09-2006, 04:23 AM
Are you playing DoS? 'Cause if so, that's why it's easy. Try a solo, lowest level, no-class-change, melee only(no spells) black mage. Now that would be a challenge. :D

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 05:50 AM
Are you playing DoS? 'Cause if so, that's why it's easy. Try a solo, lowest level, no-class-change, melee only(no spells) black mage. Now that would be a challenge. :D

Yeah I'm playing DoS on VBA, but I'm too lazy to find a NES ROM. (Wow...10 years ago that sentence wouldn't have made a damn bit of sense. :|)

Sefie1999AD
11-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Well, no wonder the game is easy. Many of those special party challenges from NES and WSC versions have lost their challenge in FFI DoS. Though congratulations for beating the game with 4 White Mages, even if it was in the DoS version. It's good that you enjoyed the game. :)

You forgot initial equipment and no item challenges. :p

ReloadPsi
11-10-2006, 01:02 PM
You should try an all Black Belts party.

Martyr
11-10-2006, 10:31 PM
DoS. Yeah, that's why it doesn't have the same epic feel that you were expecting. FF1 DoS is not one of the greatest games ever made.

It's like Led Zeppelin karaoke.

However, DarkLady really intrigues me with this idea of "Solo Lowest level." It'd be inconceivable to beat the Marsh Cave Wizards w/ a lv. 3 WM in the nes version. Apparently she made it to Lich and beyond. That's ridiciulously awesome. I want to try it, but I ain't got a GBA right now.