PDA

View Full Version : Wait...what is this crap...

Siegfried
11-09-2006, 02:57 AM
Ok so on the ghost train i was playing it again and for the first time I was being REALLY observant and reading every single last word and i realized...Why the hell do they spell Siegfried's name differently 3 different times...I almost had a double take and did not believe what i saw...I think it was Sigfried, Siegfried and Zigfried

Martyr
11-09-2006, 03:02 AM
I didn't understand that either. Honestly, I thought that there were 2 Siegfried's mentioned in the game when I first played it.

Avarice-ness
11-09-2006, 03:04 AM
Didn't you know?! Ghosts are illiterate, so since they never read the script they never knew how to spell it.

I'll pay attention next time though, did more than one ghost do it like that or just specific ones? :greenie:

Zeromus_X
11-09-2006, 03:05 AM
I await a Kishi/Koshiatar reply, but I'd guess it's a mistranslation of some sort? It wouldn't be surprising.

feioncastor
11-09-2006, 03:12 AM
Ok so on the ghost train i was playing it again and for the first time I was being REALLY observant and reading every single last word and i realized...Why the hell do they spell Siegfried's name differently 3 different times...I almost had a double take and did not believe what i saw...I think it was Sigfried, Siegfried and Zigfried

Did you notice that he said "Go!! Guys!!"

Siegfried
11-09-2006, 03:14 AM
No, no, no...only on the ghost trian im talking about, there are two Siegfrieds but on the ghost train, he comes down to steal the treasure and it does "Siegfried: HA...", then next bubble "Zigfried: This..." and then with the last one, it really didnt make much sense

Yes i did...this time Fieon, as you can see with my bold use of the caps, I was VERY observant ^^

Jowy
11-09-2006, 03:53 AM
The Siegfried in the colosseum stays that there's an imposter around. Seeing as colosseum Siegfried hits you obnoxiously hard with Hyperdrive and "Ziegfried" on the train just kind of smacks you with a wet noodle, it's safe to say which one's the fake. ;D

feioncastor
11-09-2006, 04:53 AM
The Siegfried in the colosseum stays that there's an imposter around. Seeing as colosseum Siegfried hits you obnoxiously hard with Hyperdrive and "Ziegfried" on the train just kind of smacks you with a wet noodle, it's safe to say which one's the fake. ;D

Probably the same one that cleared out all the monsters in the cave by South Figaro.

bipper
11-09-2006, 02:39 PM

Did you notice that he said "Go!! Guys!!"

GOE? I think they also spell it, Bipper once or twice.

Crossblades
11-11-2006, 04:46 AM
There were 2 0f them. Remember, in the World of Ruin, when you meet one of them, he says that someone is pretending to be him and don't be fooled. Then again, I could be wrong

Avarice-ness
11-11-2006, 07:32 AM
There were 2 0f them. Remember, in the World of Ruin, when you meet one of them, he says that someone is pretending to be him and don't be fooled. Then again, I could be wrong

Yeah he's in the collesum (sp) in the weapon room thing. :)

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I thought they messed up with the turbent guy name because they saw him as a pathetic loser...:eek:

Siegfried
11-12-2006, 09:04 PM
I know that there are two Siegfrieds...I am only talking about one moment in the game while on the Phantom Train...his name changes WHILE you are talking to him

Avarice-ness
11-12-2006, 09:51 PM
I know that there are two Siegfrieds...I am only talking about one moment in the game while on the Phantom Train...his name changes WHILE you are talking to him

Oh. I thought the ghosts were saying it. Wow that's odd. Maybe he couldn't choose who he wanted to be.. or something..

blackmage_nuke
11-13-2006, 05:11 AM
You could bring it down to japanese humour. Showing how his name is hard to pronounce. Or maybe its showing how he being the imposter hasnt done his research

Fatal Impurity
11-13-2006, 10:57 AM
he must have split personality disorder......

theundeadhero
11-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Which version? I've never noticed.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Sup guys?

In the Japanese version, Siegfried's name is always Siegfried. You can chalk up the inconsistency in the SNES translation to an oversight on Woolsey's part. See also: Daryl and "Darill."

feioncastor
12-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Are you actually suggesting that Squaresoft games have ever had translation that you'd call "less-than-perfect"? Proposterous.

KoShiatar
12-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Sup guys?

In the Japanese version, Siegfried's name is always Siegfried. You can chalk up the inconsistency in the SNES translation to an oversight on Woolsey's part. See also: Daryl and "Darill."

True. It is also true that you meet him in the WOR and he tells you not to be fooled by the Sigfried wannabe that's going around.

forgotten_fantasy
12-31-2006, 06:24 PM
who is siegfried....

Jowy
12-31-2006, 06:47 PM
THIS IS SIEGFRIED (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=25333)

Necronopticous
12-31-2006, 06:48 PM
I just think it's cute that you created this thread, Siegfried.

Siegfried
01-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Thank you kindly

Paladin229
01-06-2007, 03:19 AM
I'd chalk it up to bad translation, nothing more.