PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon!

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 03:12 AM
I'm just gonna say it right here.

Pokemon Yellow is the greatest game you could ever dream of. And if you throw in a surfing pikachu...my brain hurts.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-09-2006, 03:31 AM
Ah yes...the good old days of abusing the MissingNo glitch...

Ashley Schovitz
11-09-2006, 03:44 AM
Pokemon Yellow didn't let you do the cheat codes from Red and Blue and that's why I dislike it and the future Pokemon games.

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 03:49 AM
Pokemon Yellow didn't let you do the cheat codes from Red and Blue and that's why I dislike it and the future Pokemon games.

True, but Missingno messed up my game.

But I do miss the pokemon gym statue fishing. :(

There's still the fly away mew trick though.

Fire_Emblem776
11-09-2006, 03:50 AM

Only in Red and Blue. Yellow was a cute game. Ahh but after Crystal I stopped.

Spammerman
11-09-2006, 03:51 AM
I loved yellow. and gold

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 03:51 AM

Only in Red and Blue. Yellow was a cute game. Ahh but after Crystal I stopped.

I only got Gold and Silver...then I ROMed Ruby and my brother has Saphire, but I lost my DS so I can't play it.

Fire_Emblem776
11-09-2006, 03:55 AM
You still an on a GBA.

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 04:01 AM
You still an on a GBA.

Yeah but I don't have one, just a GBC and DS. I'll just ROM it once my computer comes back to me.

Ashley Schovitz
11-09-2006, 04:01 AM
Missing No never messed up my game, I think it will only mess up your game if you catch it. the 2 codes go I believe fly to the red Island(it's been so long I don't remember the name) swim up and down the cost until you find Missing no, I think then you run away and when you check your inventory your 6th item will go to x99 there's also another one for the Safari.

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 04:03 AM
Missing No never messed up my game, I think it will only mess up your game if you catch it. the 2 codes go I believe fly to the red Island(it's been so long I don't remember the name) swim up and down the cost until you find Missing no, I think then you run away and when you check your inventory your 6th item will go to x99 there's also another one for the Safari.

Actually it depends on what you name your character. It's really wierd that way. But it will always mess up your Pokemon League, and can do a lot of other stuff including permanently corrupt the cart if you have your name a certain way. I forget how though, but I read about it in a few FAQs (as a programmer, I wanted to know how it works).

Sylvie
11-09-2006, 04:18 AM
Remember how the "Get Mew" thing was like the Aeris Revival? It supposedly was all a lie?

My friend got Mew, without cheating. It is possible. He did it on Red version, but you need to be very precise. Theres certain people you can't fight until a certain point and so on. Ask Bakerman.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Remember how the "Get Mew" thing was like the Aeris Revival? It supposedly was all a lie?

My friend got Mew, without cheating. It is possible. He did it on Red version, but you need to be very precise. Theres certain people you can't fight until a certain point and so on. Ask Bakerman.

I know how to do that.

To do it, you must first go to the Underground Passage on the Lavender Town Side. Save your game right in front of the door. Walk one step forward, and pause immediately. Then Fly to Cerulean City. If you do it right, the Gambler below you (one of the two people you can't fight), will spot you, but you will fly away before he gets a chance to fight you.

After that, your pause menu will be disabled. Walk up to Route 24, and find the youth trainer that has only a Slowpoke. Make sure you walk so he has to walk up to you to challenge you, or else the game will freeze. Beat him, and then make your way down through the gate to Saffron City from Cerulean City.

From there, (for me, anyway), walk to the gate that leads to Lavender Town out of Saffron City. As you approach the gate, your menu will automatically pop up. Exit out of it, and you'll get into a fight with a Level 7 Mew.

Lindy
11-09-2006, 07:39 PM
I wanna be the very best
like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
searching far and wide
Each pokemon to understand
the power that's inside

Pokemon! its you and me
I know its my destiny,
Pokemon! Oh you're my best friend
in a world we must defend
Pokemon! a heart so true
Our courage will pull us through,

You teach me and I'll teach you,
Pokemon! gotto catch'em all

Every challenge allong the way
with courage I will face.
I will battle every day
to claim my rightful place.
Come with me,
the time is right,
there's no better team.
Arm in arm we'll win the fight!
It's always been our dream!

Dreddz
11-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Pokemon only now serves as a beginners RPG for kids.

Fire_Emblem776
11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Pokemon only now serves as a beginners RPG for kids.

Seriously:greenie: But it passed the time.

Peegee
11-09-2006, 10:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Pureghetto/pikachu5B15D.jpg

Anybody who chats with me knows my utter and complete love for pikachu

<3

ljkkjlcm9
11-09-2006, 10:58 PM
oh pokemon...

http://www.break.com/index/slightly_over_excited.html

THE JACKEL

Eiko Guy
11-09-2006, 11:24 PM
OH MY GOD i cant believe they changed the song now that i think about it. It was the best it was an actual opening not the crap they show today

zimdoomyday
11-09-2006, 11:25 PM
OH MY GOD i cant believe they changed the song now that i think about it. It was the best it was an actual opening not the crap they show today

The original japaneese song owned. (So did the arabic one :P)

Eiko Guy
11-10-2006, 12:10 AM
wats the crap song they play today i cant remember it

Ragna53
11-10-2006, 07:46 PM
With the Diamond & Pearl versions coming out, I would have thought they would have used N64 style graphics, but its pretty much GBA Pokemon with a touch screen.

Eiko Guy
11-10-2006, 07:59 PM
I want to make a pokemon rpg that's actually good where you interact with your pokemon and your partners and their pokemon. It will have a real story instead of just get badge and beat final four more like defeat your crazy riva who has gone to extreme lengths to beat you

Tavrobel
11-10-2006, 08:02 PM
True, but Missingno messed up my game.

That's why you don't CATCH M-No. Also, if you have defeated the League more then a certain amount of times, then it messes your league. If it's around ten, it won't mess up... yet. There's also a way to get Mew legitimately from Nintendo, but that has long since passed (infact, the convention was seven years ago). I personally stopped at Crystal, but Red was by far my favorite. After that, it was just trying to hold onto a failing obsession.

Ragna53
11-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, the need to have alot more freedom in the games.

JKTrix
11-10-2006, 08:56 PM
I suggest y'all give Diamond/Pearl a try when they come out in English. I stopped playing mine, mostly because of the obvious language barrier. But from what I played, there is a *lot* of new stuff. Not just new Pokemon, new stuff in general.
Plus, if you get yourself hooked up to Nintendo WFC, you can do things online. Not just battling either! That's part of the 'new stuff' in the game.
4th Generation Pokemon is still the same core game, but it's the deepest and best iteration of it yet.

Roto13
11-10-2006, 09:02 PM
I liked Red, but I got bored of Gold, so I didn't bother to play anything after that.

Rinoa Lover
11-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Hmm donīt you like Pokemon Emerald.

Eiko Guy
11-11-2006, 02:39 PM
First generation pokemon everyone knows because all those pokemon had a true part in the story. Most of the new pokemon i still haven't seen though and they just lost all creativity after mew

Spammerman
11-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I hate the new Pokemon.

Ragna53
11-13-2006, 07:27 PM
I got up to the 250.

Mirage
11-13-2006, 09:26 PM
There only exists one Pokemon game. It just has graphical updates every 3 months or so.

Ragna53
11-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah, change the plot!

Mirage
11-14-2006, 07:46 PM
What is this plot you're talking about?

Ragna53
11-14-2006, 07:54 PM
gym leaders and an elite four, maybe have a different adventure that that, it's personally getting old.

Mirage
11-14-2006, 08:22 PM
My point exactly.