PDA

View Full Version : Sound Help Please

Sunny Day Suicide
11-09-2006, 03:24 AM
Alright I got the keyboard to work by downloading a new drive and I downloaded one for the sound as the sound system said it was un installed. I bassically have everything I need. Just one thing. The sound still wont play. But this has nothing to do with the sound device driver thing. Im pretty sure. Its the fact that the volume wont work and the icon wont show up. It stopped ever since my keys stopped. Now the keyboard is back in the volume is still out. I have the sound device just not the volume. I even went into control panel and clicked on the sounds and multimedia but all it does is show the arrow turning into a time sand thing and stop. Nohting will open. Someone please help.

-Shout

o_O
11-09-2006, 05:40 AM
Can you be more specific with the problem?

It could be in a few areas. It could be the speakers themselves. It could be the software you're using to play music. It could be your sound drivers. It could be the controller in to which you have your speakers plugged.

If you can't access the volume control panel applet, try opening it from the system tray (at the bottom-right corner of your screen. It's the one with the speaker icon).

Do you have a sound card? If you do, it could be that it is faulty.

Press Win+Break on your keyboard, it should bring up the System Properties screen. Then click Hardware and then on Device Manager. Then look for the "Sound, video and game controllers" section. If you see a yellow exclamation mark or a red cross or a question mark superimposed upon any list item under sound, post it here, because it's probably the problem.

Sunny Day Suicide
11-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Nah. I already said theres no icon on the bottom for me to mess with. Thats one of the problems. And before, it used to say my sound device was not installed. I just checked though and it still has that message even after downloading the soundmax 3 driver. Does this help? If not I'll try to elaborate more, dude.