PDA

View Full Version : Tolkien stuff again: does anyone else want to be an Elf?

Peter_20
11-09-2006, 01:04 PM
I've always loved the Elves in Tolkien's books, and I actually would really like to be one myself.
Not really because of the immortality or whatever, but because I like their light and fair style.
They leave no footprints, they are plain fair and beautiful, and everyhing about them is adorable.
If I were able to choose, I would become an Elf, no doubt.

However, since I am a human, I can only try being as Elvish as possible, i.e. I shave a lot, so as to look smooth, grow hair a lot and stuff.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-09-2006, 01:08 PM
We worry about you, Peter.

The Devil Man
11-09-2006, 01:11 PM
This is a very thought-provoking discussion.

Hmmm...

Devil Man would prefer to be an Orc because as you know, HE IS AN ABSOLUTE STUD-MUFFIN! :eek: and your good friend Devil Man would like to know how it feels to be physically ugly and unattractive.

But it's not gonna happen :(

Because Devil Man is Mother Nature's favourite son and she put him on Earth to bring wonderous joy to Beautiful Goddesses the world over! :exdee: :hyper:

Lindy
11-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Go get some expensive surgery to make your ears pointed.

It will be <i>hilarious</i>.

Rantz
11-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Elvis got pretty close to being Elvish.

Breine
11-09-2006, 02:39 PM
I always wanted to be an elf character back when I used to play "Dungeons and Dragons", but becoming one in real-life has never really been a wish of mine.

Resha
11-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Liv Tyler melted her elf ears on the dashboard of her car ;_; I would hate myself if I did such a thing.

And I've never wanted to be an elf. I did when I was younger, but elves are sad, and I do not want to be sad and stuck with the woes of the world for all of my immortality. I'd much rather be a hobbit, see. :D

Rantz
11-09-2006, 03:35 PM
I'd much rather be a hobbit, see. :D

Now THAT's the truth! I mean, how many breakfasts do they eat? 3? Paradise I say.

Levian
11-09-2006, 03:58 PM
I'd rather be Alf, actually.

Peter_20
11-09-2006, 04:00 PM
We worry about you, Peter.Off-Topic:
could anyone please tell me what the heck this is supposed to mean? :eek:

Shlup
11-09-2006, 04:01 PM
My husband is totally gay for elves and I'm down with that.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-09-2006, 04:02 PM
could anyone please tell me what the heck this is supposed to mean?

It means you're about to shave your body to make yourself look like a frigging elf.

oddler
11-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Elvis got pretty close to being Elvish.

Did you know that there was an "uproar" between Tolkien and some people about the word elvish? The commonly accepted grammatically correct adjective is actually elfish. Tolkien insisted on leaving it the same but it was actually changed in some versions of his books. :eek:

Yeah, I'm a dork that reads forewords.

My best friend in middle school had "elf ears". It was fun but I wouldn't like to be anything other than what I am.

Peter_20
11-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Hm, "elf ears" are obviously just an invention by Peter Jackson. :p

The only real difference between Elves and Men are the facts that Elves are immortal, got better sight and hearing, and are lighter and fairer.
Period.

Dalkaen
11-09-2006, 04:16 PM
That's retarded. You can't apply logical rules to a fictional race of people! Every fantasy author interprets the logistics of elves differently. In the Forgotten Realms universe, for instance, elves do have pointed ears, have frail waif-like body structures, and live about six times longer than humans. And it's not like Tolkien invented elves either. They were originally depicted as michievous imps, and let's not forget that whole Christmas thing.

escobert
11-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Witchking plz thx.

Mirage
11-09-2006, 07:18 PM
I always wanted to be an elf character back when I used to play "Dungeons and Dragons", but becoming one in real-life has never really been a wish of mine.

Changeling is clearly the D&D race. :p

Madame Adequate
11-09-2006, 09:00 PM
That's retarded. You can't apply logical rules to a fictional race of people! Every fantasy author interprets the logistics of elves differently. In the Forgotten Realms universe, for instance, elves do have pointed ears, have frail waif-like body structures, and live about six times longer than humans. And it's not like Tolkien invented elves either. They were originally depicted as michievous imps, and let's not forget that whole Christmas thing.

More of an Old Manus loving Jedi Pupu than anything to do with elves, really...

Mitch
11-09-2006, 10:15 PM
I've always wanted to be an elf.

And it turns out I can be. I created a Night Elf Rogue and when the expansion comes out I might create a Blood Elf. My main character, though, is a dwarf.... 'cos they're awesome.

What?

Xaven
11-10-2006, 02:43 AM
Nope. I'll be a plain old human, thank you. :D

And it turns out I can be. I created a Night Elf Rogue and when the expansion comes out I might create a Blood Elf. My main character, though, is a dwarf.... 'cos they're awesome.

What?
You know it.

Christmas
11-10-2006, 02:46 AM
I will be a night elf priestess of the moon and summon stars to crush NANNY MANUS to death. :bigsmile:

DarkLadyNyara
11-10-2006, 03:55 AM
your good friend Devil Man would like to know how it feels to be physically ugly and unattractive.

There's a wonderful item that can help with that. It's called a mirror. :rolleyes2

It would be kinda cool to be an elf. But I'm content as I am.

Sylvie
11-10-2006, 04:01 AM
We worry about you, Peter.Off-Topic:
could anyone please tell me what the heck this is supposed to mean? :eek:

Its supposed to mean that we worry for you for wanting to be some weird race.

Samuraid
11-10-2006, 07:58 AM
There's really no point in fantasizing over being a fictitious being. :p

Elves (as described by Tolkien specifically) are cool, but as Xaven said, I'm glad to be a plain old human. :D

fire_of_avalon
11-10-2006, 01:38 PM
I'd much rather be a hobbit, see. :D
Yes. But a Tookish hobbit that sees the world and is crazy.

your good friend Devil Man would like to know how it feels to be physically ugly and unattractive.

There's a wonderful item that can help with that. It's called a mirror. :rolleyes2

Ahahahahahahaha.

Madame Adequate
11-10-2006, 03:59 PM

What?

Dwarves are clearly the best not-Tauren race.

Quindiana Jones
11-10-2006, 04:09 PM
I've been an Elf for three years now.

Jigsaw
11-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Can I still have short hair as an elf? The long hair would just get in my soup all the time.

Old Manus
11-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I hear they're all elves in Norway and Sweden

Korosuke
11-11-2006, 11:35 PM
like...what r elf's most distinguishing habilities?
just curious u guys....LOL

themagicroundabout
11-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I'd really like to be an elf, too. Sometimes I speak in elvish to my friends to impress them.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-12-2006, 12:15 AM
I don't want to be an elf. Morrowind put me right off that. In the game they're all uppity little bastards.

"Don't waste my time, Outlander!"

"How charming, a tourist!"

"Your wounds will be nothing compared to what you'll get if you don't stop bothering me."

Breine
11-12-2006, 09:07 PM

Changeling is clearly the D&D race. :p

Pfft.. as if :P

Martyr
11-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Humans are definitely the coolest of all Tolkien's characters.

I try to be a little more human each day.

Mitch
11-12-2006, 10:57 PM
It's gonna suck with all the noobs playing Blood Elves in January. :(

Peter_20
12-07-2006, 05:19 PM
I hear they're all elves in Norway and SwedenNot really, we just tend to have blonde hair and blue eyes around here. :rolleyes2

Anyway, it's not like I'm trying to become an elf or anything; I just like their style, so I'm probably gonna use it sometime. :D