PDA

View Full Version : Squre-Soft/Square-Enix

Comet
11-09-2006, 04:32 PM
How come Square-Soft changed it's name to Square-Enix? I heard the manager of it all was changed or something. True or not?

Jowy
11-09-2006, 04:40 PM
SquareSoft + Enix = Square-Enix!

oddler
11-09-2006, 04:42 PM
It sounds cooler. :)

edczxcvbnm
11-09-2006, 04:43 PM
They should have called it Squenix!

BarelySeeAtAll
11-09-2006, 04:47 PM
They should have called it Squenix!
that made me laugh a considerable lot
square-soft sounds gay, well, not gay, but sounds stupid

Nasarian Altimeros
11-09-2006, 04:49 PM
How come Square-Soft changed it's name to Square-Enix? I heard the manager of it all was changed or something. True or not?
No, they incorporated the name of their lead competitor into their own name out of spite.

Shaun
11-09-2006, 04:49 PM
I fail to see how a sexual preference and a word can be compared. Squaresoft sounded miles better anyway, in my opinion, but shouldn't this be in general gaming?

kikimm
11-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Wrong forum, dude. ;)

aerithsloveslave
11-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Squaresoft was simpling the NA localization subsidiary's name. In Japan, Square was always known as just Square. Until the merger, that is.

Mirage
11-10-2006, 01:28 PM

Because Squaresoft and Enix merged. The development teams within Square-Enix are still independent of each others.

feioncastor
11-11-2006, 04:24 AM
Squaresoft is about ten millions times cooler than Square-Enix. Prior to having "Squaresoft" at the beginning of their games, they'd just have "Square", which I thought was neat.

But if anything, "Square-Enix" is gay. Or at least, gayish. You have to admit that.

Zeromus_X
11-11-2006, 04:29 AM
I don't find the name 'Square-Enix' homosexual in the slightest.

Anyway, their logo is neat.

BustaMo
11-11-2006, 05:04 AM
Have to agree with Zeromus_X there. Sure SquareSoft made some great stuff, but by adaptign Enix with it, it opened the door for much more opportunities to make great games.

Also,
Lady of the Sheep: Haven't you ever heard SE refered to as Squenix before? :O

Rostum
11-11-2006, 05:45 AM
square-soft sounds gay, well, not gay, but sounds stupid

But if anything, "Square-Enix" is gay. Or at least, gayish. You have to admit that.

Oh behave!

Vivisteiner
11-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Square soft created the awesome Final Fanatasy games

Enix created the awesome Dragon Quest games.

Together Squeenix will create even better games.

DJZen
11-11-2006, 02:13 PM
If only... The two sides of the company don't really work together on anything. Such a pity.

Zechs
11-14-2006, 01:48 AM
Square-Enix is a merger name of both highly popular game development companies. They merged the names along with the companies. Keeping the Square part will keep Square-Soft fans and same with Enix. If the name was changed to dramatically fan base would shrivel. But keeping the two names keeps a majority of each companies fan base. Mostly a marketing strategy.

zebaroth
12-12-2006, 08:17 AM

what he said

Mirage
12-12-2006, 09:53 AM

what he said

Such as FFX-2!

Ouch!
12-14-2006, 12:04 AM

what he said

If only... The two sides of the company don't really work together on anything. Such a pity.

What he said.

Timerk
12-17-2006, 02:53 PM
What the heck :confused:

feioncastor
12-27-2006, 07:42 PM

That's the one thing that was missing from FF1. A spell called "Hurt", and the more powerful version, "Hurtmore".

I kid. I love Dragon Warrior. Just not as much as FF1.

What the heck

I think the name "Square-Enix" sounds stupid. It's like "AOL Time Warner". Honestly, I don't think Enix was a powerhouse of game developing. I only played their Dragon Warrior games, and I think they made Terranigma, which was really good. But Square made many awesome games, and not just the FF games. The SaGa series, the Seiken Desnetsu series, Einhander, and of course, RAD RACER. In my view, Enix doesn't stack up. I know they're still two seperate companies and all that, but the name just doesn't sound as cool as "Square" or "Squaresoft". Plus, they took the little red triangle out of the "A" when they put "Enix" on it. And I really liked that triangle.

Vivisteiner
12-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Your right. Square-Enix doesnt sound very good. They really should have called it Squeenix. :D

Yeah. I heard that before. Anyone know why? Seems like a bit of a waste.

theundeadhero
01-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Enix wasn't terrribly popular in the US, but it dominated Square in Japan.