PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero II.

Jowy
11-09-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm not actually typing this because I can no longer use my hands after attempting to do "Jordan" on Expert. It's the same game as Guitar Hero except with sharper graphics and new music, but hey, it's a perfect formula as is. Anyone else pick it up yet?

oddler
11-10-2006, 12:31 AM
And you can play two-player, right? My brother has the first one and I think he's planning on getting the second very soon. He and a friend played it on showcase and said it was quite fun.

Sephex
11-10-2006, 11:38 PM
I bought it yesterday. I was a big fan of the first one, so I had to get it. Playing "Trogdor" made my life more complete.

Bloodline666
11-10-2006, 11:45 PM
I asked my dad for this game for Christmas.

I so can't wait to play Laid To Rest by Lamb Of God, Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies, Madhouse by Anthrax, Hangar 18 by Megadeth, and The Light That Blinds by Shadows Fall. (though some of those, I have played on a real guitar before).

I already have the first one.

Jowy
11-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Laid To Rest doesn't really sound like Lamb of God. :( And good lord, Hangar 18 is fucking hard.

oddler
11-11-2006, 12:19 AM
I will get my first taste in about 5 hours.

Emerald Aeris
11-12-2006, 02:27 AM
I got it today after verbally wrestling it from employees at Future Shop. I love it already. The songs they've chosen are fun, and damn, it's hard.

sephirothishere
11-12-2006, 03:04 PM
And good lord, Hangar 18 is smurfing hard.

hangar 18 has like..uh...8 solos....theyre pretty hard to play on the guitar anyways...but...if you have the technique study that i have....liek permutations...which are doin every sequence possible on each individual string....usin 4 notes....chromatic....then you should have good finger independance....and...also...faster more coordinated fingers and hands...but nevermind....im playin the first one tomorrow cuz my friend has that....ill see what its liek then...

oddler
11-13-2006, 03:38 AM
And good lord, Hangar 18 is smurfing hard.

hangar 18 has like..uh...8 solos....theyre pretty hard to play on the guitar anyways...but...if you have the technique study that i have....liek permutations...which are doin every sequence possible on each individual string....usin 4 notes....chromatic....then you should have good finger independance....and...also...faster more coordinated fingers and hands...but nevermind....im playin the first one tomorrow cuz my friend has that....ill see what its liek then...

I play guitar and I will say that it can help you a little in the understanding of the mechanics of the game but playing this is quite different than actually playing a guitar.

My brother and I played for about 2 hours the other night and we played through some of the songs at about 85% both on expert. We tried Free Bird on the mode where you can both play the exact same parts and I don't think either of us broke 50%. :p

Monkey Wrench is great fun!

sephirothishere
11-13-2006, 02:01 PM
I play guitar and I will say that it can help you a little in the understanding of the mechanics of the game but playing this is quite different than actually playing a guitar.

yeh...i didnt have problems with th eleft hand sequences really....strange coordination thing though...and i htink the blue button was kinda bust...so it didnt work to good....sometimes youd push it and it missed the note....cuz it was kinda sticky..but other then that..cool game....better then singstar...but it was disappointin when i found out the guitar wasnt as elaborate as i thought...but its cool...

Nino Brown
11-14-2006, 06:47 AM
I'd have this if I had a PS2.

Shinra_Beta
11-15-2006, 03:38 AM
GH1 was awesome and i cant wait to get GH2. the first one was really fun but it got less challenging after i was able to beat cowboys from hell on expert. nevertheless its still very enjoyable =)

anyway i think that GH2 looks awesome but i was very disappointed to hear that there wouldnt be ANY metallica or acdc songs or anymore ozzy and stuff. then again, you cant fit all of the great songs into 1 game.

:choc2: :choc2:

sephirothishere
11-15-2006, 01:14 PM
disappointed to hear that there wouldnt be ANY metallica

considerin theyre..uh... "the best" band in the world...they have hte weakest guitar player ever....im talkin bout hammett...he sucks...hetfield is a great player though...very tight rythm.....

Jowy
11-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Um, War Pigs is in GH2. o_o Black Sabbath, y'know.