PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Ring tones uploading thingy ma bobber help >.>

Bahamut2000X
11-09-2006, 11:23 PM
So I just recently got me a cell phone, and I'm still learning how to use it and all that fun jazz. <.<

Anywho I've been working to customize it, but have been unable to find any FF music for it, but I was informed I could just upload what I wanted to a site somewhere, and just enter in a URL on my phone and I could download for free (which is much more appealing then paying somewhere for it.)

But anywho I've attempted to upload some stuff to my geocities site and attempted to connect on my phone to it, failure of course. In fact I can't even connect my phone to any internet sites like yahoo and suchness. >.>

So if anyone could help me figure out exactly what I'm unable to, that would be much cool, and I would thank you like a lot. >.>

Shoeberto
11-09-2006, 11:34 PM
In order to connect to websites, you have to have a data plan that gets you Internet access. I think the one on my account (keep in mind it's over two years ago I got this) is $10 for 1mb of bandwidth a month (more than you'll use for phone browsing, trust me).

Check your provider for details on that.

Mirage
11-10-2006, 07:12 AM
If you can't access any web pages at all, you probably need to check if your phone is capable of accessing the internet, or if your provider enables you to do so.
It is also possible that your phone browser only supports WAP, and not regular internet sites. In that case, it should still be possible to enter the exact URL of the file you want to download. Remember that you need to get the exact URL, not a site which has a link to your file.

Endless
11-10-2006, 07:19 AM
If your phone has IR/Bluetooth, you can upload files to it directly if your computer has that. If you have a laptop, it's very likely it has an IR port. If you have a palm that's not too old, it should have bluetooth. Other phones (find a friend who can transfer files to his phone) should have either.