PDA

View Full Version : Beards

Strider
11-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Yesterday in #eoff, I was having a discussion with Denmark, foa and Rye about whether I should cut my hair or not. After taking a look at the picture, it was interesting to note that both Megan and Jessica had taken notice of the beard I'd been growing. xD

Granted, I wasn't really trying to grow it on purpose or anything (I have to be cleanshaven for work), I'd just been lazy in shaving the past week. But still, I think I little better with a little scruff and it certainly seems to get more response from the ladies. ;) Hell, one of my friends at work was saying someone came in and was totally checking me out yesterday afternoon!

So the question is this... to the females, is a beard really that attractive on a guy? Is it the whole rustic lookin' thing or what, I'm curious. And since we don't wanna discriminate here, guys, do you think you'd look better with or without a beard?

Roto13
11-09-2006, 11:33 PM
It really does depend on the guy's face.

kikimm
11-09-2006, 11:36 PM

Yeah, really. That's as good of an answer as you're gonna get. :D

Although I will say that I don't really like full-on beards. Scruffy is good, but I want to be able to at least kinda see your face.

fire_of_avalon
11-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Your scruff suited you. My boyfriend wouldn't look that great with scruff like that. Some guys look better with full beards, like my buddy Andrew.

So it all depends on your face.

Shiny
11-09-2006, 11:44 PM
I don't like long Jesus beards. But, a nicely groomed beard wouldn't hurt. Although some guys look older with beards, so I usually like them without one.

Psychotic
11-10-2006, 12:15 AM
I look better with my permanently scruffy look. I haven't been clean shaven in about two months (hurray for scissors).

BardTard
11-10-2006, 12:57 AM

Yeah, like some guys look really hot with beards, and some just look awful. I know some guys with beards who look hot, and some guys who ruined themselves with beards.

Roto13
11-10-2006, 01:16 AM
RSLs beard is made of magic and love.

rubah
11-10-2006, 02:35 AM
My dad and RSL both have excellent beards.

Christmas
11-10-2006, 02:37 AM
Santa Claus had nice beard too. :bigsmile:

Mitch
11-10-2006, 02:39 AM
Forget beards. moustaches are where it's at!

~*~Celes~*~
11-10-2006, 02:41 AM
I don't like Jesus beards on any guy, but yeah, clean and trimmed ones could look good on some guys. My boyfriend looks good no matter what! <3

DK
11-10-2006, 02:44 AM
I refuse to not have my beard anymore, it's become part of my face. Well, technically part of my chin, but still.

Rye
11-10-2006, 03:14 AM
Your scruff suited you. My boyfriend wouldn't look that great with scruff like that. Some guys look better with full beards, like my buddy Andrew.

So it all depends on your face.

foa knows it. :)

It really depends on the face. On some guys, they look weird with beards/they can't grow'em good. I think my boyfriend looks so <333 with a bit of a beard.

NorthernChaosGod
11-10-2006, 08:04 AM
I've been told that I look quite nice with a five o'clock shadow, but it probably depends on the person.

The Devil Man
11-10-2006, 08:53 AM
For Devil Man it doesn't matter :)

Girls LOVE Devil Man and want him regardless of how he looks.

Devil Man looks GOD DAMN SEXY with a beard :eek:

And...

Devil Man looks GOD DAMN SEXY without a beard :eek:

It's a win-win situation. :spin:

Devil Man is simply too hot and girls drool over him and want him for themselves :hyper:

vorpal blade
11-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Whenever I picture myself, I don't have a beard. But I look better with one and it's easier than shaving, so I keep it.

Rusty
11-10-2006, 10:12 AM
I hate full on santa clause beards. Unless, you are of course, santa clause.

My dad looks so good with a beard - he looks like a bikie (sp?) - a handsome one at that.

On another guys - a bit of scruff is good, but I'm more a fan of a clean-shaven face.

Nominus Experse
11-10-2006, 10:40 AM
When I get old, I am hoping to god that I have a long, wispy beard to braid and such. Then I can roam the seas as a salty dog and still gain benefits of SS (which most likely won't be in effet any longer...)

As for now, no. When I am clean-shaven, I seem to accrue more kisses, thus, I shave every day or so.

Burtsplurt
11-10-2006, 12:43 PM
I really like being scruffy, but I can't go into work like that. This sucks, and I'm going to write to a politician or something.

Anything more than about 4 days growth is too much.

Loony BoB
11-10-2006, 01:10 PM
My goatee isn't going anywhere.

Roto13
11-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Of course, if you have a beard, you need a moustache as well. That one doesn't depend on the guy's face. It's set in stone for everyone.