PDA

View Full Version : eHarmony

Mercen-X
11-10-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm doing this whole online match-up vDating thing and paying good money for a year long membership. So far I've been closed out or straight up ignored by every "match" I've "communicated" with. I haven't even reached a point where I can actually express my personality and yet the majority reason behind my matches closing is that our personalities clash. What's with that?

Sylvie
11-10-2006, 12:07 AM
eHarmony is a bunch of dumb fucks, thats why.

Shlup
11-10-2006, 12:13 AM
You ugly? Creepy, perhaps?

Yamaneko
11-10-2006, 12:23 AM
That guy from the commercial is kind of creepy.

Cloudane
11-10-2006, 12:57 AM
That's weird, I'm getting huge deja-vu as if I'd seen and replied to this post before but I'm sure I didn't.... life can be darn creepy sometimes.

I'm not sure how the site works. Is it virtual dating? Because if it's not with someone close by who you can meet up with in "real life" then I have one long 'advice lecture' for you :)

Otherwise - I guess with a site like that, you're going to get a lot of shy people. That's why they're using the site in the first place. So maybe some will find it difficult to communicate, even from behind the keyboard.

Having looked on Wikipedia, it sounds a bit of a naff idea to be honest. It's like an arranged marriage, only arranged by computer, as if they weren't usually bad enough already? If you want a serious relationship, I'd say make that at least semi-clear from the beginning with whoever you're dating and find someone yourself. Contrary to their opinion, mine is that the best person to know who a good match is, is yourself!

The marriage thing is easily solved, IMO. Don't ask or accept unless you really, honestly, certainly want to spend your life with her/him and are certain it'll work. Discuss the issue in conversation at some point and make it clear what your beliefs and values are, chances are your partner will agree as people do tend to influence each other in relationships or have similar values already.

Rye
11-10-2006, 01:48 AM
You ugly? Creepy, perhaps?

Shlup's bluntness makes me smile every time. xD <3

DarkLadyNyara
11-10-2006, 02:02 AM
I consider sites like that a crock at best. :rolleyes2

edczxcvbnm
11-10-2006, 04:49 PM
I always thought part of the problem is you fill out the personality thing the way you precieve yourself instead of the way others precieve you. If you don't have a great understanding of that then you might get matched up poorly.

Miriel
11-10-2006, 07:01 PM
My professor of Sociology works as a lead consultant for eHarmony. :o

Anyway, I don't think sites like that really work because often times, the person you fall for is someone with a completely different personality from what you thought you wanted. I really don't think answering questions on a survey can compare to meeting someone and having that spark or chemistry.

Bahamut2000X
11-10-2006, 07:05 PM
I couldn't even get matched by thier system. I tried it 3 times. T_T

But yeah most internet dating sites are scams or crap at best. Only one I ever got responses from about 98% of all the responses I get from them are fake.

Chemical
11-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Sometimes they pay people to pretend to be interested so that you'll keep paying.

That and people to date are hard to find. It took me five years. 5 YEARS. No dating machine....

theundeadhero
11-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Sometimes in real life people will pretend to like you for your money.

I could never take an online dating service seriously. What if everything works out really well online, but then sucks in the real world?