PDA

View Full Version : Advice...

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-10-2006, 04:02 AM
Does anyone have tips for this:

I am fighting Cid in Draklor Labs and I am like lvl 37/38 Vaan, Fran and Balthier. So I tired a few times. I tried Quickening Chaining right away, I got like >10 chains and took half his life, but then to do more damage to Cid I had to kill his contraptions, meanwhile he had regent on him. So my second plan was kill those thing-a-ma-bobs then Quickening Chaining. Again I got like 10+ hits. Still I finally get him down and he goes beserk (literally) and slaughters everyone. By this time my reserve characters already died trying to revive my main (they are only level 12).

Anyways, does any have any tips for this battle?

Ichimonji
11-10-2006, 05:33 AM
Well, I was at level 43 with all six of my characters when I fought him, so it wasn't much of a problem for me. However, I recommend taking out all of his minions first, then casting haste on everybody, and pummel him with physical attacks. If it's still too much of a bother, I would recommend you level up your other three party members just a bit.

jeo2388
11-12-2006, 04:41 PM
the cid in archades or in the tower?

Remember, always mark spoilers. Refer to this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=83735) thread if you are unsure of what constitutes a spoiler. Thanks. :) :cat: ~ Zeromus

Ichimonji
11-12-2006, 05:14 PM
If you read his spoiler you would know, in which your sentence should be a spoiler as well.

LunarWeaver
11-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Try fighting him once without using any Quickenings MizMiz :( With all that healing juju he might actually end up being easier, though the battle will probably be longer.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-12-2006, 06:31 PM
I forgot to say that I beat him now. I am now just leveling up my characters. In the end all it took was making sure I used some Hastega motes, once I killed his helpers, I spammed Quickenings, then I changed Vaan's weapon to Flametongue from Avenger since Avenger had the status effect of Beserk. I also made sure Fran continually had reflect casted on Cid. My reserve team did have to revive me though, but still I had a little luck on my side and pulled through.

Thanks for the advice Ichimonji and Lunar!

xib
11-12-2006, 11:27 PM
My party was

Vaan lvl 45 Sword/shield - heavy armor
Fran lvl 44 Bow - cloth
Balthier lvl 44 - Gun - lightarmor and cloth hat

I went for his devices right away and manage to kill them pretty quick with regular attacks. I then just started pounding on him with his health dropping rappidly. And before I knew it was over, no quickenings and summons needed at all. He didn't went "beserk" either.

I hope this helps.

anruiukimi
11-13-2006, 06:44 AM
...you guys really leveled up. O_o My highest leveled characters (Basch, Fran and Balthier) is only 32. I managed 3 rooks before I got slaughtered. >_>

...I'm gonna try one more time, and if I fail again, level up time.

~Anrui

Dell
11-13-2006, 06:55 AM
He's not immune to Silence. Use Silence. So he won't buff himself with Protect, Shell, Regen, Reflect and Haste. If memory serves right, I think he's not immune to Sap (I'm a Bio FREAK, btw, so in almost every boss battle, I use it :love: ), Blind and Slow.

Beat all of his rook, before you give the final hit to the last rook, Dispel Cid. Next, you're gonna need to pwn him. Have a long-ranged character, he/she'll not be attacked with S-27 Tokamak and he/she should focus on healing. Use Decoy and buff your decoyed character.