PDA

View Full Version : Topic "YuRiPa"

Marluxiaswife
11-10-2006, 08:26 AM
(this topic been talked about alot or already have but i read this off a site here is the quote from it that i wanna ask that i don't get)

Yuna,Rikku and Paine are three fairies that appear in Hollow Bastion; while they were consumed by the darkness upon the destruction of their world, the purity of their hearts allowed them to become fairies instead of Heartless. They call themselves as "The Envoys of Peace" and are treasure fanatics.

where i got this info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Kingdom_Hearts_series#Hollow_Bastion

what does this mean?, were they humans before?, were they bad guys? something?

vorpal blade
11-10-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't understand your confusion. Haven't you played FFX-2?
They were the human heroines who saved Spira from destruction. But then their wold got swallowed up by darkness. Rather than becoming Heartless, they were able to become fairies instead.

Then Maleficent hired them as spies "until Maleficent left them to fend for themselves during the massive battle. Donald's lie causes the trio to work for Leon who was said to have more treasure than their former employer. Eventually, the three learn the truth and want payback from Sora. However, learning of everything Sora and friends went through, the fairies decide to let Sora and gang off the hook by giving Sora a keychain as a gift."

Firo Volondé
11-10-2006, 11:35 AM
It was just an excuse by Square to ridicule more FFX characters by putting them in Chibi form, in order to annoy me... Every FFX character in KH soo far has been put in Chibi form.

Ouch!
11-10-2006, 05:49 PM
They were the human heroines who saved Spira from destruction. But then their wold got swallowed up by darkness. Rather than becoming Heartless, they were able to become fairies instead.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts II whatsoever.

Tavrobel
11-10-2006, 06:36 PM

Too bad your theory is not supported by KHII whatsoever, and is merely a reference to an outside game. And for that matter, who ever listens to what Wikipedia says?

I don't EVER remember Setzer actually being so enormously uncool in KHII compared to FFVI (Relm as an eighteen year old would have been much better). Should I then use FFVI to try to explain his uber-nerf? Of course not.

I also don't recall Spira as being a world, since Tidus and Wakka were found at Destiny Islands. So how could they have possibly saved the world twice, if there is no world to begin with?

LunarWeaver
11-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Every FFX character in KH soo far has been put in Chibi form.

Auron kept all his sexy D:

I don't EVER remember Setzer actually being so enormously uncool in KHII compared to FFVI

:jess:

And yeah the fairy YRP are just sort of their own thing in the KH universe I guess...Their world was destroyed, they became fairies...Good enough for me. Kingdom Hearts may use Final Fantasy cameos, but that doesn't mean they follow Final Fantasy timeline or rules with all of them. Check out Squall and Selphie, not even close to being the same age. I don't really think about such things too deeply :shifty:

Marluxiaswife
11-10-2006, 06:59 PM
yeah... i got mix up here.
So that site's not right?, cause seem like it's a place to get info on stuff.
But if YuRiPa are Faries.... Can they be humans?, cause i can tell they have magic.

YTDN
11-10-2006, 07:28 PM
YRP are fairies in KH2. You know why? Because the are. They have magic because there are no rules stating only humans can have magic. And I don't recall it ever saying in KH2 that they became fairies because their world got destroyed but they were too pure to die.

Marluxiaswife
11-10-2006, 07:38 PM
YRP are fairies in KH2. You know why? Because the are. They have magic because there are no rules stating only humans can have magic. And I don't recall it ever saying in KH2 that they became fairies because their world got destroyed but they were too pure to die.

thats cool!, so they aren't like what happen to Sora and Kairi in KH1
when they didn't have hearts and there nobodies were made

YTDN
11-10-2006, 09:09 PM

thats cool!, so they aren't like what happen to Sora and Kairi in KH1
when they didn't have hearts and there nobodies were made

Nope. I have no idea where Wiki gets its information, but in the three times you meet YRP, all they do is try to spy on Leon, get screwed over by Maleficent, get screwed over by you, and then feel sorry for you and give you a shiny new keyblade.

Marluxiaswife
11-10-2006, 10:04 PM
i see....
so they might of made it up

Frozen Phantom
11-10-2006, 10:08 PM
They did make it up, they just did so they would have a logical reason why they were fairies.

Marluxiaswife
11-10-2006, 10:54 PM
They did make it up, they just did so they would have a logical reason why they were fairies.

rats!

hmmm... i think that yuripa were humans once... but there world might had a heartless attack, so they try fighting them but got killed, then
they were heartless, but some werid reason they became faries instead of them stadying heartless forever. And they might... have nobodies...
but if square enix makes kh3, it might show who there nobodies are...
or darkness like the cloud and sephiroth thing going on.

i just think.....

YTDN
11-11-2006, 08:08 AM

rats!

hmmm... i think that yuripa were humans once... but there world might had a heartless attack, so they try fighting them but got killed, then
they were heartless, but some werid reason they became faries instead of them stadying heartless forever. And they might... have nobodies...

i just think.....

Probably not. None of the FF characters have enough plot importance to have Nobodies.

Rikku X-2
11-11-2006, 08:44 AM

rats!

i just think.....

Probably not. None of the FF characters have enough plot importance to have Nobodies.

who knows... i didn't even think sora and kairi would have those....
square enix can work in werid ways...:tongue: