PDA

View Full Version : RuneScape

Sylvie
11-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Okay, so I know most people hate this game. I grew up playing RuneScape Classic, and I am terribly pissed off that I cannot play it anymore. (though I can't wait for that private server to be released). Well anyway, I then played RuneScape 2. I don't like it as much as Classic, but I still somewhat enjoy it. Everytime I try to quit, I always come back to it and enjoy it.

If you look past the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty community, its not a bad game at all. It's very fun, and don't let those "n00bs" bother you.

So anyone here play RuneScape?

Old Manus
11-10-2006, 08:17 PM
I think it was a great idea, but with the average age of players being at about 11 LoL!1, it's let down.

Oh, before I forget:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/noob.jpg

Sylvie
11-10-2006, 08:22 PM
I've seen that countless times Manus, and I have to say I laughed every time. You're ace.

Frozen Phantom
11-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I liked it...for a few weeks. Then I just tired of taking forever to get around and repeating the same tasks to get money.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Well, I used to. Didn't get it at all. I'm just wierd like that. I did insult the players sometimes. That was fun. But I moved on.

Martyr
11-10-2006, 10:25 PM
I loved helping people on Runescape. First of all, it was a lot better than actually doing to game quests.

In the old version, there was a steel short sword in the wilderness, for example, and it was always cool to take some chump out there and give it to him. He'd be all, "You're awesome." Which is something I don't hear every day.

But it eventually got boring. It takes too long to get around, I feel like I'm the only cool guy on the server (which is reason enough to leave it to jackasses), and the levelling system just takes TOO long. In the end, I just couldn't bear to keep on mining. I had a character that I was happy with, except that I was super-overlevelled because of a high magic power (I had high fight power, but increased my magic to 50 because I wanted to make a Magic Ruby Amulet, but that made my character a level that doesn't hold up against comparable level enemies), and eventually, everything wore me down.

My usual responce to Runescape is RUN! ESCAPE!

Iven
11-11-2006, 02:27 AM
I played for about a year and a half. I got to level 95. A few breaks here and there, but I always kept playing because my friends started played.

fantasyjunkie
11-11-2006, 03:39 AM
I tried it but I couldn't get past that damn part in the tutorial where you were supposed to cook things. Man, was I stuck :mad:

NINJA_Ryu
11-11-2006, 03:40 AM
Its the poor mans WoW

no insult to either side, but i cant take a game that has you level up your WOODCHOPPING skill seriously

fantasyjunkie
11-11-2006, 03:46 AM
Its the poor mans WoW

no insult to either side, but i cant take a game that has you level up your WOODCHOPPING skill seriously

Woodchopping? Try Ultima Online. That game took woodchopping VERY seriously! That is a hardcore game! It was so hardcore that a lot of people actually thought it was real life. I actually had one guy tell me it was real life to him. Very sad.

Malboro_Menace
11-11-2006, 04:33 AM
Yeah I play Runescape. Till I can start affording WoW its all I've got :p. Just play with some friends and its ok...

Martyr
11-11-2006, 05:56 AM
Its the poor mans WoW

Woodchopping? Try Ultima Online. That game took woodchopping VERY seriously! That is a hardcore game! It was so hardcore that a lot of people actually thought it was real life. I actually had one guy tell me it was real life to him. Very sad.

Are you implying that Runescape isn't real life? What do you suppose it is? Fake Life?

Markus. D
11-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Its the poor mans WoW

Runescape where woodchopping is done the same as mining, fishing... and even fighting!

ps: its alright... but just an unglrorified Grind MMO.

Nominus Experse
11-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I loathe Runescape

PlaidMage
11-12-2006, 05:59 PM
I used to play it.

Cloud master
11-14-2006, 11:16 PM
I am selling a lvl 48 account in RS money that has full rune,rune pick, rune axe, and a lot more stuff. He is very good. If I could I would show all of you his stats but I dont know how to put a piture of it on here.

Sylvie
11-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Its the poor mans WoW

Runescape where woodchopping is done the same as mining, fishing... and even fighting!

And the ones you play aren't?

At least RuneScape has things to do? Like mining, smithing, and things? >_>

Martyr
11-15-2006, 01:28 AM
I am selling a lvl 48 account in RS money that has full rune,rune pick, rune axe, and a lot more stuff. He is very good. If I could I would show all of you his stats but I dont know how to put a piture of it on here.

What do you want for it?

:hyper:

abrojtm
11-15-2006, 02:30 AM
Other than sucking horribly, RuneScape isn't that bad.

Markus. D
11-15-2006, 02:32 AM
Its the poor mans WoW

And the ones you play aren't?

At least RuneScape has things to do? Like mining, smithing, and things? >_>

yes yes, but the way they implement it its exactly the same as fighting T_T might as well just have the fighting.

WoW’s crafts had variations to make it feel different.
Same as RO’s Blacksmithing/Alchemy.
And I have not tried enough of FFXI’s crafting to be able to judge it yet… but I do know fishing is created as an interactive mini-game as to one that is all based on sitting and watching.

The only positive thing about RS’s crafting is that it can all be started from when you first begin.