PDA

View Full Version : Waiting in line for the PS3

fantasyjunkie
11-10-2006, 09:24 PM
I saw on TV a line of people wating in front of Best Buy for the PS3. Isn't that kind of insane to wait in line for a week before the release of a video game system? I mean seriously, in 6 months or so there will be PS3s all over the place. Any possible glitches will be worked out too!
Makes me glad I waited a few months before getting my 360. Just walked into a store and bought it. I'll do the same with the Wii too!

Jowy
11-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Some people are just pretty fanatical.

Captain Maxx Power
11-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Wait, you mean to tell me people are showing interest in a console other than the Wii? Sound the alarm! Break out the dogs! Nuke the cities. The world is collapsing! People can't like the PS3! 599 US dollars! Giant enemy crabs!

Spammerman
11-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I wish I could camp out for something. I would bring a generator so i could plug in my Ps2 and stuff. That would be cool.

Psychotic
11-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Wait, you mean to tell me people are showing interest in a console other than the Wii? Sound the alarm! Break out the dogs! Nuke the cities. The world is collapsing! People can't like the PS3! 599 US dollars! Giant enemy crabs!:kiss:

Anywho, congratulations for making the people seeking attention a thread. As a follow up, why not give a recovering alcoholic what my American colleagues call "malt liquor"?

Martyr
11-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Nuke the cities!

YES!

The original quote didn't have an exclamation point

Slothy
11-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Someone apparently doesn't remember how long some people waited in line to see the Phantom Menace. It's hard for me to see a week as fanatical devotion anymore.

Roto13
11-11-2006, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't camp out for anything like that.

zimdoomyday
11-11-2006, 12:31 AM
I'd do it if i wasn't dirt poor....and if I didn't have school. :|

Rostum
11-11-2006, 12:36 AM
I've never been one to camp for anything. I'll just go pick one up in a few months after its release; if I have the money.

KentaRawr!
11-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Wait, you mean to tell me people are showing interest in a console other than the Wii? Sound the alarm! Break out the dogs! Nuke the cities. The world is collapsing! People can't like the PS3! 599 US dollars! Giant enemy crabs!

I think that even though he mentioned the PS3 specifically, what he said was crazy was that people are waiting in line for the PS3 a week before it's release. Not that they want the PS3 instead of the Wii (even though that's completely blasphemous), but how long they're willing to stand in place.

fantasyjunkie
11-11-2006, 03:32 AM

I don't have anything against the PS3 or Sony. I had my PS1 for years and I have and love my PS2 now. I'm just saying I think it's insane waiting in line a week in advance just to buy a console. Any console. I only mentioned the PS3 because I saw a news clip on TV.

Fire_Emblem776
11-11-2006, 11:11 PM
It would depend what the launch was too.

Slicksword45
11-11-2006, 11:39 PM
(I Want a Ps3 more then a wii :) )

I think it's crazy people are already camping out for the Ps3. jeezes.

Spammerman
11-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Someone apparently doesn't remember how long some people waited in line to see the Phantom Menace. It's hard for me to see a week as fanatical devotion anymore.

HOw long?

Clouded Sky
11-12-2006, 12:05 AM
I'll say this much. If it wasn't Finals Week in school right now, I'd be doing it too!

Not because I want a PS3 at all, but if you were paying attention, when the Xbox 360 was released, do any of you remember how much money people paid for them on Ebay?

Now that's a good reason.

Dreddz
11-12-2006, 12:49 AM
Not because I want a PS3 at all, but if you were paying attention, when the Xbox 360 was released, do any of you remember how much money people paid for them on Ebay?

Now that's a good reason.

fantasyjunkie
11-12-2006, 02:57 AM

HOw long?

I was Working at Pacific Theaters when the Phantom Menace came out. They started camping out 3 weeks in front before the movie came out. The first guy was there about 2 days before the others came. I was taking tickets at the door one afternoon as he walked up with a lawn chair and a small cooler with drinks.We even hired a bunch of extra people to man the concession stand for the mad rush.
Titantic was the real thing though as for as being busy. Every night we had to sweep after each showing I picked up at least 5-10 dollars under the seats. One guy beside me picked up $199 off of the floor! :eek: