PDA

View Full Version : On Frenchie and Fear

Madame Adequate
11-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I understand your fear of Frenchie.

I too once felt this way. When I was younger, Frenchie was something strange, even alien, to me. I could not fathom his angles and curves. Was that a tongue? Or something more... sinister?

But time after time Frenchie professed his love for me, and for all Mankind. And I came to see his glory, his love. I realized that, in my denial and ignorance, I had been a milquetoast.

But now Frenchie has set me free. I am enveloped in his love, represented in our earthly realm by his glorious tongue. His bald head, his swollen chin, his thin mustache - it is as if Mankind has crafted the face of God onto the surface of the moon. It is looking upon the august, splendid features of divinity.

So I come to you in the spirit of friendship and brotherhood. I ask you, consider Frenchie's love for you. Consider his tongue, rising from the valley that is his mouth - it protudes mightily into the air, seeking love. Always seeking.

I understand your fear, as I said when I began. But think back. In your life you have surely found something at one time to be scary, even abhorrent. Yet these feelings faded and you now accept, even embrace these things. Do me one thing, even if you do fear Frenchie - list here these other things you have once feared, but now do not fear.

Psychotic
11-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Why are you people trying to push this Frenchie onto us? Do you get a commission every time you mention it in a post or something?

Elevators/lifts/whatever you want to call them. When I was younger, I'd always insist on taking the stairs, no matter how many there were to climb.

oddler
11-10-2006, 11:39 PM
It much resembles the whole Woolworth's thing in that respect. Speak for yourself. :)

Clowns be the answer.

Madame Adequate
11-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Why are you people trying to push this Frenchie onto us? Do you get a commission every time you mention it in a post or something?

Elevators/lifts/whatever you want to call them. When I was younger, I'd always insist on taking the stairs, no matter how many there were to climb.

I am confused. You see the point of the thread, yet you entirely miss the point of the thread.

Edit: And I have been converted to Frenchie for a scant two or three days.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-10-2006, 11:49 PM
I would say heights used to be more difficult for me, and now I can deal with them without fear.

Rye
11-10-2006, 11:54 PM
This thread and its grand descriptive words tugs at the corners of my mouth and makes me grin. :) I'm glad you got over your fear, Huxley. ;)

I used to be terrified of knives. I'm still scared of them, but I can actually use them now.

Psychotic
11-10-2006, 11:57 PM
I am confused. You see the point of the thread, yet you entirely miss the point of the thread.On the contary, I hit the point of the thread right on the head. Why don't you scamps move onto the next wacky campaign? Frenchie is never gonna be a hit. The kids just don't like him. The high point of this short and soon to be forgotten crusade will be my two posts referencing it. It's okay, it's just the failed second album. It happens. Now, the third one is gonna be make-or-break so you little rapscallions had best come up with something special.

Captain Maxx Power
11-11-2006, 12:13 AM
I used to be afraid of fear itself. Now I'm just plain afraid. :(

sephirothishere
11-11-2006, 12:21 AM
frenchie is grotesque....to say the least...its hideous....that tongue reminds me of somethin from daemonium....

Madame Adequate
11-11-2006, 12:22 AM
On the contary, I hit the point of the thread right on the head. Why don't you scamps move onto the next wacky campaign? Frenchie is never gonna be a hit. The kids just don't like him. The high point of this short and soon to be forgotten crusade will be my two posts referencing it. It's okay, it's just the failed second album. It happens. Now, the third one is gonna be make-or-break so you little rapscallions had best come up with something special.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Denmark
11-11-2006, 12:23 AM
I feared roller coasters of all types. Now I loves them. :D

I still don't like heights though xD

Jigsaw
11-11-2006, 01:10 AM
I used to be terrified of Santa Claus! Something about the idea of an old man breaking into my house in the middle of the night and leaving me toys if I was a "good boy" unsettled me. I'm over that now, and I welcome Jolly Old Saint Nick with open arms.

Christmas
11-11-2006, 01:12 AM
All this are nothing compared to the deadly MANUS virus. :(

Decessus
11-11-2006, 01:43 AM
Frenchie is the bane of existance.
Is there no decency left in this world?

Oh, and the dark.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Frenchie still scares Liz. :(

I'm not scared of scary movies anymore. I hated them. But I like them lots now. Some are even funny. I'm still scared of Chucky though. And so does being alone in the dark. :(

themagicroundabout
11-11-2006, 01:52 AM
what the smurf is a frenchie

Decessus
11-11-2006, 01:53 AM
what the smurf is a frenchie

Frenchie is the bane of existance.

It would be appreciated if you were to actually read the posts in the thread.

kikimm
11-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Oh quiet, you

oddler
11-11-2006, 02:08 AM

Oh quiet, you

Let's not turn this into another Eyes on Each Otheresque thread in the middle of General Chat, guys. ;)

I'm glad the Frenchie thing hasn't caught on and I kind of hope it never does. It kind of creeps me out. I'm sorry, Rye. :cry:

Decessus
11-11-2006, 02:22 AM
Not only is Frenchie creepy, it could cause childhood trauma. Did you know 9/10 insane assylum patients are under the influence of Frenchie?

Oh quiet, you

Any normal person would've ended that with some sort of punctuation, but I suppose CKs have no obligation to make proper sentences. Please keep that advice in mind during your next job application in some greasy fast food restaurant. It may help. But what do I know? I'm just 13 years old. Okay, I should stop now before I get banned.

Don't ban me - I'm just kidding!

Psychotic
11-11-2006, 02:29 AM

Oh quiet, you

Let's not turn this into another Eyes on Each Otheresque thread in the middle of General Chat, guys. ;) oddler told a mod off for moderating! I love it! :laugh: I love it so much that I'm gonna tell oddler off for breaking EoFF rule #6. oddler, don't break EoFF rule #6. Now oddler can tell me off, and I'll tell him off for telling me off, and we'll have an endless spiral going.
A highly original critique on a typing error, followed by personal insults.

Don't ban me - I'm just kidding!When it's your quiet time, Decessus, you be quiet. There's a good fellow. Oh, and by the way, the next time you make a personal attack on a mod for doing their job and then qualify it with "just kidding" with a little bit of editing, you won't be banned.

EDIT: Just kidding. You will be! ;)

ON TOPIC BONANZA TIME! GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!

Christmas
11-11-2006, 02:37 AM
This is what happen when the MANUS virus corrupts you folks. That is why the MANUS virus is far worse than Frenchie. :(

Rye
11-11-2006, 03:01 AM
I'm usually also very afraid of heights, but I've come quite a bit of a way. :) But rollar coasters and such still scare me to death, so I will not go on them ever.

And also, who ever said that Frenchie was a trend that I was trying to push on others? I hardly even mention Frenchie on EoFF, he's just in my sig! I think he's a cutie. I don't see why everyone should be scared/annoyed about it though, you guys have to stop taking these things so seriously, silly sallies! :p

Madame Adequate
11-11-2006, 12:08 PM
I used to be abjectly, profoundly terrified of zombies. Don't ask me why. I've never encountered a more inept foe. Their only strengths are relentlessness and numbers. Anyone with smarts and two hours to prepare can make a decent barricade. A quick read of The Zombie Survival Guide will teach you a very great deal about how to deal.

Yet I was terrified. I mean, quite literally, it was an obsessive fear - I would lie awake at night worrying about the possibilities of zombie uprisings. :(

Now, however, this has passed. Whilst I am still somewhat wary I am not gripped by any fear regarding the matter. Rather I feel a little apprehensive and am ready to act on the situation. This pleases me because actually, zombies are incredibly cool. They're like the best horror movie enemy ever. Now that I don't fear zombies, I really quite like them.

The Devil Man
11-11-2006, 12:18 PM
I understand your fear of Frenchie.

I too once felt this way. When I was younger, Frenchie was something strange, even alien, to me. I could not fathom his angles and curves. Was that a tongue? Or something more... sinister?

But time after time Frenchie professed his love for me, and for all Mankind. And I came to see his glory, his love. I realized that, in my denial and ignorance, I had been a milquetoast.

But now Frenchie has set me free. I am enveloped in his love, represented in our earthly realm by his glorious tongue. His bald head, his swollen chin, his thin mustache - it is as if Mankind has crafted the face of God onto the surface of the moon. It is looking upon the august, splendid features of divinity.

So I come to you in the spirit of friendship and brotherhood. I ask you, consider Frenchie's love for you. Consider his tongue, rising from the valley that is his mouth - it protudes mightily into the air, seeking love. Always seeking.

I understand your fear, as I said when I began. But think back. In your life you have surely found something at one time to be scary, even abhorrent. Yet these feelings faded and you now accept, even embrace these things. Do me one thing, even if you do fear Frenchie - list here these other things you have once feared, but now do not fear.

I used to be abjectly, profoundly terrified of zombies. Don't ask me why. I've never encountered a more inept foe. Their only strengths are relentlessness and numbers. Anyone with smarts and two hours to prepare can make a decent barricade. A quick read of The Zombie Survival Guide will teach you a very great deal about how to deal.

Yet I was terrified. I mean, quite literally, it was an obsessive fear - I would lie awake at night worrying about the possibilities of zombie uprisings. :(

Now, however, this has passed. Whilst I am still somewhat wary I am not gripped by any fear regarding the matter. Rather I feel a little apprehensive and am ready to act on the situation. This pleases me because actually, zombies are incredibly cool. They're like the best horror movie enemy ever. Now that I don't fear zombies, I really quite like them.

I am sure I am not the only one who has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you are talking about. :confused:

Kids! This is why you should ALWAYS SO NO TO DRUGS!

Quindiana Jones
11-11-2006, 03:45 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

There's far too much evil on this page.

Spammerman
11-11-2006, 05:43 PM
I used to be really afraid of heights, im a little less afraid now

Resha
11-11-2006, 07:27 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

There's far too much evil on this page.
LOL. When I was little I was scared of threads that degenerated into evil but now I post in them.

Also I don't think I was scared of cockroaches when I was little, and went so far as to poke them, but that also kinda degenerated. :( Parallels. Opposites. What is this?

~*~Celes~*~
11-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Frenchie = :love:

I used to be deathly afraid of the dark. I still am from time to time (when it's storming outside or when I'm home alone) but that's it.

Rusty
11-12-2006, 02:28 AM
I hate Frenchie. With a passion.

I fear heights and knives - when I'm not handling them.

Rye
11-12-2006, 02:51 AM
I fear heights and knives - when I'm not handling them.

Same here! Wow, same fears. xD