PDA

View Full Version : A good Burning program that uses the E drive instead of F

Sunny Day Suicide
11-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Anyone know one? My F drive has problems but the E is all good. And can you PLEASE help. The other two problems Ive managed to do myself. This one is so easy for you people with experience. HELP

Flying Mullet
11-10-2006, 11:49 PM
I've never heard of a burning program that's tied to a specific drive. You should be able to specify the drive that you want to use to burn the disc.

Sunny Day Suicide
11-11-2006, 12:00 AM
I've tried with adaptec Easy Cd Creator but the stuff is already set up. I tried to see what I can do but it says the E drive is for media as the F is for burning and stuff. It even has the burning rate and stuff like that next to the F drive so Im pretty sure I cant change it with Adaptec. Any suggestions?

Flying Mullet
11-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Are you sure the E drive is a burner? A lot of desktops come with two drives, one for media and one for burning, like a DVD Player and DVD Burner, for example.

Sunny Day Suicide
11-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah. The F is for burning. The E is for media. But my F is fucked up. I want to know if I could get a program to use the E drive or let me choose which drive.

Flying Mullet
11-11-2006, 12:10 AM
If your E drive is not a burner there's nothing software can do as that's not how the drive was built. It would be like having a 2WD car and taking it into the mechanic and asking them to put a 4WD button on the dash so that it can be put into 4WD when there's no components on the drivetrain to make it 4WD.

Sunny Day Suicide
11-11-2006, 12:12 AM
In other words Im screwed?

Rostum
11-11-2006, 01:10 AM
You can just replace your E drive with a proper burner (as in, the hardware). They're pretty cheap and easy to install.

Sunny Day Suicide
11-11-2006, 02:29 AM
So thats like something I can buy? How much average?