PDA

View Full Version : Optional Demon Wall

Raistlin
11-11-2006, 12:42 AM
So I just went back to Raithwall after a bit to defeat the optional Demon Wall. No problem. Then I go through the secret area, down the steps and... nothing. No chest, can only go back up the opposite way.

Is there only a chest there if you defeat the Demon Wall your first time through there? Am I missing something?

Cruise Control
11-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Wait, what. There's a chest? I just did it for a yummy 10 LP.

Ashley Schovitz
11-11-2006, 02:03 AM
Myu strategy guide said that there is a treasure chest, since alot of the treasure chests are random, restart your game and beat him again. It said that you can obtain a pretty powerful sword from it, it depends how far you are in the game, if it's worth it.

Cruise Control
11-11-2006, 02:11 AM
I've finished Garif village, probably not. I'm using Longenhrein.

Raistlin
11-11-2006, 03:41 AM
Oh, durrr. Most chests don't appear all the time. I'll just keep checking back. I guess I thought this special one might actually BE there. :p

BustaMo
11-11-2006, 04:00 AM
Yeah I thought it was one that showed up no matter what. Sorry man, taht sucks. Still though, better swords will come your way. :)

I'll head back and beat the Optional Demon Wall soon, I forgot all about facing him again.

Raistlin
11-11-2006, 04:34 AM
Well, I looked it up, and the demonsbane apparently has +59 attack, which is the same as what I have equipped to my fighters, the broadaxe. So I don't even think I'll bother going back to check unless I'm bored or something. The optional demon wall was much easier to take out level 27-ish. xD

Serpentarius
11-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Just for the record, I don't like being at a higher lvl then i'm supposed to be. I find there is no "challenge" to the game, And that's what it's all about for me these days.

Zeromus_X
11-11-2006, 06:16 AM
Well, of course the Demonsbane wouldn't be that great later in the game. xD It's just overpowered compared to the weapons you have at that point.

It made my Ashe the pwnage.

It took me a few reload before I got the actual sword though.

Raistlin
11-11-2006, 06:16 AM
Just for the record, I don't like being at a higher lvl then i'm supposed to be. I find there is no "challenge" to the game, And that's what it's all about for me these days.

You're "supposed" to be at a certain level? Where does the game say this? =o

I came back to beat an optional boss that kicked my ass the first time around. What does that have to do with overleveling?

Roto13
11-11-2006, 06:39 AM

You're "supposed" to be at a certain level? Where does the game say this? =o

It kind of assumes you're going to be closer to level 15 than level 50. :P

Cruise Control
11-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Well, I looked it up, and the demonsbane apparently has +59 attack, which is the same as what I have equipped to my fighters, the broadaxe. So I don't even think I'll bother going back to check unless I'm bored or something. The optional demon wall was much easier to take out level 27-ish. xDIf your using a broadaxe, and it has the same attack as the sword, I'd go get the sword.

Axes can do loads of damage, and they can also do none. So, I'd take the sword since it always deals damage around the same neighborhood.

BustaMo
11-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Also the swords have a higher chance of doing combo hits whereas the axe you are lucky if you see a 2 hit...ever.