PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Ammo

Duncan
11-11-2006, 04:21 AM
Where can one find pulse ammo?

Silent Warrior
11-11-2006, 05:08 AM
You don't. Pulse Ammo find YOU! :D

This is the kind of thing you can easily find at GameFAQs, if you aren't afraid of such places. I sure don't know. Hm... Maybe some card/item-refinery?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Refine Energy Crystals easily won from Elnoyles or Red Dragons

Rocket Edge
11-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Refine Energy Crystals easily won from Elnoyles or Red Dragons
That's it, or you can do it the hard way by refining 10 Elnoyle cards to make one.

rubah
11-11-2006, 04:32 PM
ruby dragons like to drop fury fragments for me :( so w00 elnoyles

jammi567
11-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Try and get your levels higher.

rubah
11-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Sadly, that doesn't help any when you fight on the Island Closest to Hell.

jammi567
11-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Errrrrr, why?

TheSpoonyBard
11-12-2006, 09:48 PM
All enemies on the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell are Lv100 regardless of your characters' levels.

rubah
11-12-2006, 11:47 PM
That and ruby dragons like to drop fury fragments more often at higher levels it seems -.-

TheSpoonyBard
11-13-2006, 12:07 PM
#H0054 - MONSTER'S DROPPED ITEMS
Low level drop - 1x Inferno Fang, 2x Inferno Fang
Low level Rare drop - 2x Fury Fragment, 1x Star Fragment
Middle level drop - 2x Inferno Fang, 2x Fury Fragment
Middle level Rare drop - 1x Star Fragment, 1x Energy Crystal
High level drop - 2x Fury Fragment, 2x Energy Crystal
High level Rare drop - 3x Fury Fragment, 4x Fury Fragment
Take off Rare Item and it should improve your chances of getting Energy Crystals.

Omnislash07
11-14-2006, 03:49 AM
You can also mug the monster Blitz for Power Generators which refine into like 20 pulse ammo per

thats usually how I get enough for Lionheart on Disc 2

rubah
11-14-2006, 04:28 AM
I didn't think you got power generators unless you *didn't* mug them?

TheSpoonyBard
11-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Energy Crystals are much easier to get than Power Generators. There's a 4.7% chance of Mugging a Power Generator, and it's best use is to teach Quistis Ray Bomb.

You can find a Power Generator in the Lunatic Pandora if you do something during the Laguna dream sequence. I don't recall the specifics, but it's to do with tampering with the locks on the trapdoors.

Omnislash07
11-15-2006, 03:11 AM
it doesnt take me very long to get to get a Power Generator usually and i dont use Quistis so I dont care about her limits and I only use Pulse Ammo for the Lionheart cause I do enough damage with Armor Piercing ammo for Irvine's limit to warrant not needing any Pulse ammo. So I find it easier to just steal a 1 Power Generator and then not worry about it again.

wishingstar
11-30-2006, 10:47 AM
it doesnt take me very long to get to get a Power Generator usually and i dont use Quistis so I dont care about her limits and I only use Pulse Ammo for the Lionheart cause I do enough damage with Armor Piercing ammo for Irvine's limit to warrant not needing any Pulse ammo. So I find it easier to just steal a 1 Power Generator and then not worry about it again.

How many blitz did you kill to get Power Generator? I tried to mug a few dozens and gave up at the end.

I prefer to use AP ammo than Pulse Ammo. My Irvine has 210+ Str and he hits 9999 for each AP.

CStrife
11-30-2006, 10:59 AM
My Irvine has 255 strength and i use pulse ammo. i convert energy cristals.

Twilight Edge
11-30-2006, 12:18 PM
In Laguna's dream sequence at Lunatic Pandora, go straight until you reach a circular room with a ladder at the center. Go down and you will find that there is a key somehwere. I have no idea what it does so don't ask me. Tehn, go to a place where you see three doors on the floor. Tamper any lock possible. There will be one where Laguna can't open. One of them is already locked shut so you won't hear the clicking voice. Then, blast the rocks. It will open the door Laguna didn't manage to open earlier. However, you won't be going back.

Come back as Zell(earliest) or Squall(latest) and explore Lunatic Pandora thoroughly before doing anything else. The room where you opened the lock will now allow you to enter. There is a Power Generator there. Walk down the hall and you find yourself at the place where Laguna dropped one of the keys. There is a draw point for Ultima and Combat King 005 magazine. If you don't want to fight, simply equip Enc-none.

Omnislash07
12-01-2006, 05:06 AM

How many blitz did you kill to get Power Generator? I tried to mug a few dozens and gave up at the end.

I prefer to use AP ammo than Pulse Ammo. My Irvine has 210+ Str and he hits 9999 for each AP.

I usually never have to do any more than 20. I also use AP ammo cause it is just as good as Pulse on my Irvine as well.