PDA

View Full Version : Starting over!

Fate Fatale
11-11-2006, 05:27 AM
I finally got a chance to play last saturday, and it is awesome! sadly though, i had to start over once I got to Ghis due to poor liscensing. (went after all the equipment) so, now that I've started over, it took me all this week to get to the leviathan part. (school and stuff slowed me) and I'm wondering if I should level up more. Anyhow, the main idea is this: were you forced to start over due to poor planning? if so, what did you do wrong, and what did you do different the second time around?

I really just focued more on getting quickenings and augments...

Roto13
11-11-2006, 05:35 AM
*sigh* You could have just wandered around the ship and gotten license points from the many, many, many guards on board. Just find a laser grid and give 'er. You don't even need that if you get to the part where they keep coming after you regardless.

Though I could see you needing to start over if you neglected to buy the Cure spell at a magick shop. But who doesn't buy the Cure spell?

Crossblades
11-11-2006, 05:38 AM
*sigh* You could have just wandered around the ship and gotten license points from the many, many, many guards on board. Just find a laser grid and give 'er. You don't even need that if you get to the part where they keep coming after you regardless.

Also, after a while, treasure will reappear, so getting money isn't a problem

Spammerman
11-11-2006, 05:40 AM
no. i just kicked ass as mucjh as i coukd, and deckied out my guys with kickass weaponds. my guys are crap with armor though:D

Fate Fatale
11-11-2006, 05:41 AM
*does frowny face* well, I'm mad now... I really just kept dying though. :rolleyes2 I had the cure spell, but i just kept dying when trying to level up on my way there. I should have stayed put outside the door. Stupid me! ah well, I'm real the same place, and my people have WAY better stats. so no skin off my back, eh?

Roto13
11-11-2006, 05:52 AM
Well, while you were starting over, I was getting my second Esper, so NYAH! >:P

Fate Fatale
11-11-2006, 05:53 AM
grrr.. espers anger me... they appear too late in the game.

BustaMo
11-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I only started over about 2 hours into my first playthrough once I realized I just opened the first forbidden chest for the Zodiac Spear. I've avoided them all on this playthrough now so it's all good. DOn't restart becasue you aren't leveled up enough though, jsut find someplace next to a save crytal, and battle some local beasties.

aerithsloveslave
11-13-2006, 02:03 PM
*does frowny face* well, I'm mad now... I really just kept dying though. :rolleyes2 I had the cure spell, but i just kept dying when trying to level up on my way there. I should have stayed put outside the door. Stupid me! ah well, I'm real the same place, and my people have WAY better stats. so no skin off my back, eh?

Do not take the save warnings in the game lightly. Its a good idea to have few save files.

Timerk
11-13-2006, 02:14 PM
It's not like anyone has all the gameplay mechanics down, especially the License Board, I didn't really get what it was all about for a while. Anyway, part of the fun of a first playthrough is making mistakes and working your way out of them.

Just don't ask me how Fran got Improved Shield, or whatever...how horrid.

James16
11-13-2006, 04:09 PM
use Belias, that little fawker helped me on that part greatly! An i ran from most of the solider battles, i saved my strength for tha damnjudge you fight thats a little prick an a pain in the ass cause he dont fight fair!

Fate Fatale
11-13-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm referring to the first ghis fight in the above posts where you don't have Belias yet. However, he was easy and I'm no on my way across the sandseas! wish me luck!

Freya Coral
01-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I had to start over a few days ago because the first time I had accidentally opened the first two treasure chests that are connected to the Zodiac Spear. By that time I was at the part right before Vaan and company go into the Henne mines, so it was a hard decision to make as I'm not really looking forward to fighting Judge Ghis and his lackeys again (or the Demon Walls, for that matter).

Renmiri
01-05-2007, 05:25 PM
You can't get Belias before the first trip to the Leviathan. Not unless you spend 100 hours leveling up insanely and even then, how do you get to the Tomb of Raythwall ?

Dynast-Kid
01-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Also, all you people who say you started over at pivotal points in the game because you opened treasures connected to the Zodiac Spear, I would like to remind you that you can find the Zodiac Spear in the Henne Mines.

But that doesn't do anything to make you feel better about restarting...