PDA

View Full Version : RPG maker

tyrique
11-11-2006, 07:59 AM
hi, im still a n00b around here..lol.. well, um this is probably already been discussed but does anyone use it?? I'm addicted to it like nicotine :love::love::love:

NeoCracker
11-11-2006, 08:00 AM
I don't think Nick will like you saying he's addicted to that game, but welcome.

And that thing sucks. I hate working with it.

Shlup
11-11-2006, 08:01 AM
I used it for like five minutes once and then got bored. Probably 'cause I already am a Sims 2 whore.

Sylvie
11-11-2006, 08:17 AM
The only way to make a truly good and successful game is by coding it yourself with a language.

Levian
11-11-2006, 10:59 AM
*boots to Gen. Gaming*

I've started like 5 projects in that thing, but I always end up bored of it in the end. I even tried making a Final Fantasy X remake, but that ended in Besaid temple. :p

I mainly used RPG Maker 2000.

Polaris
11-11-2006, 11:40 AM
I used to love RPG maker it's really cool to work there, but my computer had a problem and I had to desintall it :( But it's a cool way to start games...

Nasarian Altimeros
11-11-2006, 11:45 AM
The only way to make a truly good and successful game is by coding it yourself with a language.
Considering that most RPG Maker games contain the word “Sephiroth” in the title, I don’t think they are really that concerned with making their games good or commercially successful.

Or if they are they’re complete idiots.

Slicksword45
11-11-2006, 03:27 PM
I use it. In fact, i'm makeing a game with it now.... In fact *Goes to give an update on thread :) *

Sylvie
11-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Considering that most RPG Maker games contain the word “Sephiroth” in the title, I don’t think they are really that concerned with making their games good or commercially successful.

They're just assholes stuck in the past and their sad that Sephiroth dies, so now we have to make a game where Sephiroth lives. I really want to grab all the Sephiroth fanboys by the hair and put them in a black cloak and make them scream "THE RE...REUNION!!" over and over.

Lindy
11-11-2006, 06:51 PM
RPG Maker doesn't so much make games as more inflicts punishment upon poor, unsuspecting gamers who think they can construct the next big thing in around a week with graphics worse than the SNES.

Fire_Emblem776
11-12-2006, 12:58 AM
Well one person remade FF 1 for the nes on here remember? And finished it.

Ragna53
11-14-2006, 08:01 PM
I think if you edit the script with RPGXP you could make some crazy games with that, thought most people probably don't have RPG Maker XP

Medi
11-14-2006, 08:46 PM

They're just assholes stuck in the past and their sad that Sephiroth dies, so now we have to make a game where Sephiroth lives. I really want to grab all the Sephiroth fanboys by the hair and put them in a black cloak and make them scream "THE RE...REUNION!!" over and over.

Best post ever.

I was making a game with it earlier this summer based off one of my stories, but everything that RPG Maker had seemed to fantasy-ish for my story. To make things worse, I had trouble with coding in everything, nor was I able to make my own resources to fit with the theme of my story. Then my computer crashed, I felt a bit relieved. So yeah, don't use it anymore.

oddler
11-14-2006, 10:47 PM
It's da bomb diggity.

Craig
11-15-2006, 12:19 AM
I made a Kingdom Hearts based game a while back. It was pretty cool, I got a bunch of support and the second world was EoFF based.

I gave up after a while, but I think I did pretty well. Go here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=64483).

Decessus
11-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Well one person remade FF 1 for the nes on here remember? And finished it.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=58172