PDA

View Full Version : 45 hours in FF12 my thoughts.

silva1234
11-11-2006, 04:29 PM
What can I say? what an excellent game, best ff yet, took a while to get going but once it does it's amazing. Dungeons are great but not too puzzley like those damn cloister of trials. Imo ff10 was great but this beats it in every way. I didn't think i would like the real time battle system but i now think it's excellent. I've been playing 45 hours and only level 37 with 3 characters. All i'd say against it isi it's a shame there's no mini game, well apart from monster hunts. I think it would have been cool to implement a spaceship racing course or courses where you could take down the others and customize your ship, it's not perfect but very close, for me 9/10 but lets face it, how do you make something perfect? 1 other thing that i found a little strange is it's possible to get all blocks on the license board quite early without having the magics or weapons etc. Can anyone tell me what level is it possible to get to?

Awesome square you've done it again. Just a shame you're so crap at making films. The film was terrible and ff ac wasn't that much better but you've made up for it with this gem.

BustaMo
11-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Save your spaceman dreams and mini-games for FFXIII. I personally find all the side-quests like the hunt Marks, Omega, the Espers, etc very appealing in place of a minigame that gets boring after an hour. Blitzball was fun, but after getting the Jupiter Sigil, pointless.

This will only top FFX as my favorite if the game goes deeper into the history and backstory of each character; that's what I love the best.

Bahamut2000X
11-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Well I just hit the 51 hour mark on my game. Around level 45-50 with all characters, and got everyone liscensed to what I want them with. Now to just master the whole board. >.>

As for the plot and gameplay and all that. Best gameplay I've played in a game in for a looooong time. Dungeons don't take me 5 minutes to walk through. Puzzles take a little bit of thinking, and arn't the same thing in every dungeon. Bosses are a challenge finally. (Aeon + boss = FFX too easy) Even with quickenings and espers they don't do an overly huge amount of damage to instantly win the fight. Normal fights are pretty tricky too later on. As for the characters, thier pretty nifty, each contributes to the story and game unlike some past FF's >.>. Plot wise it's a bit slow, but a great story. My only problem is thier implementation of the story and villians. While not over doing cutscenes like in FFX, they seem to have a bit of a lack of them. Few more especially with the villians I say would of made it a bit better. I really don't like not seeing the villians so briefly, then beating em up once. >.>

But yeah over all a great FF. Finally a good solo one since 9 in my opinion.