PDA

View Full Version : FFV versus FFXII

Flying Mullet
11-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Am I the only person that's more excited about FFV being released on GBA than FXII?

Poor FFV's GBA release is being overshadowed by the release of FFXII. :cry:

Elpizo
11-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Poor FF III DS coming after V and XII, both more advanced games... People will run all over screaming it's dated, horribly and insanely difficult...

On topic, yup, I'm more excited about V! Cause I don't have a PS2 AND FF XII has no more random encounters, world map, airships (like X had em, but still), anything I liked about that classic FF-feeling. I'll still give it a go once I have the console to do so, but for now, V's the way to go, for me.

I just beat the english ROM today. NeoExDeath wasn't as hard as I remembered him to be in the Japanese ROM... Then again, I had way better jobs and stuff. And 4 ribbons? Go home, Grand Cross. Well, he couldn't use it, I killed his Grand Cross-part before he got the chance to annoy me. :D

But well, it's only logic that XII's overshadows V. After all, XII has fancier graphics, better gameplay, no more annoying (HAHA!) random encounters, no more world maps, no more buttom jamming (Like, who ever cared?) to confirm the same healing spells/attacks/attack spells/other things, yada yada...

Shortly said, XII saves the RPG genre. (Yeah, right.) V Advance just re-uses everything people find annoying and hate about RPG-games.

Levian
11-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Americans! *shakes fist* :mad2:

I'm looking forward to DoC, 'cause that's the next to be released here. Then FFV, I guess. :p

BustaMo
11-11-2006, 06:43 PM
I think FFV gets the sham more than any of tehm because not only the release of FFXII, but FFIII on the DS will get more attention than FFV simply because FFV has been available in PS1 form since '99, but FFIII hasn't unless you know Japanese.

Doesn't bother me though; I've already beaten FFV, so I'm focusing on FFXII, and might get a DS over the Christmas holiday for FFIII.

Elpizo
11-11-2006, 07:17 PM
I think FFV gets the sham more than any of tehm because not only the release of FFXII, but FFIII on the DS will get more attention than FFV simply because FFV has been available in PS1 form since '99, but FFIII hasn't unless you know Japanese.

Doesn't bother me though; I've already beaten FFV, so I'm focusing on FFXII, and might get a DS over the Christmas holiday for FFIII.
I thought the fact of 4 new jobs, a new dungeon, a battle with Enuo, music player, great music (especially for the GBA), bestiary, all new correct translation, face-portraits, and purely the fact of playing FF V everywhere you go, would make enough reason to buy this game...

Zeromus_X
11-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Just because other games are taking priority doesn't mean I don't like FFV. xD There are just other games I'd prefer to purchase first. And FFV doesn't hold the same nostalgia factor as FFIV or FFVI, meaning I can hold off on buying it for awhile. I'll get it eventually, though. :cat:

I don't think there's a 'Hate teh FFV!!1one' conspiracy going on either. xD Obviously a brand new game is going to get more attention then a port.

Avarice-ness
11-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Am I the only person that's more excited about FFV being released on GBA than FXII?

Most people like to pretend that the newer FF's are godly. Until they pick up V or IV or VI and then feel dumb. I have issues with V that only many many sessions at therapy can help before I'll buy this. Sorry but this game put a big scar on my life when it glitched many moons ago.
THOSE FLOATING RUIN THINGS! THE DRAGON!! I'LL NEVER BEAT YOU!!! *screams and cries in the corner*

SO WHEN FF-VI- COMES OUT, I'll put everything down for that one. "Have a million dollars" "NO I WANT FFVI!!"

One day FFV.. One Day..

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-11-2006, 07:52 PM
There are just as many people--if not more--who irrationally hate the new games as there are people who idolize them just because they're new. As a matter of fact, I can see at least one of the former type in this very thread.

XxSephirothxX
11-11-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm not really at all excited about FFV Advance. I played through a considerable portion of the original, and I just didn't enjoy it. For people who love FFV, I'm glad they're getting a revamped GBA version, but I personally don't care a whole lot about it.

BustaMo
11-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Oh man, FFV ranks as probably my second favorite in the series, but to reply to Elpizo's remark hinting the differences between the versions...simply put: The story is the same. I own FF Anthology, have beat FFV, and I'm a story guy. No need to buy the same game AND a GBA for a game I'm already in love with and don't need more convincing.

Plus, I can spend my money elsewhere rather than having 2 FFV games.

Elpizo
11-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh man, FFV ranks as probably my second favorite in the series, but to reply to Elpizo's remark hinting the differences between the versions...simply put: The story is the same. I own FF Anthology, have beat FFV, and I'm a story guy. No need to buy the same game AND a GBA for a game I'm already in love with and don't need more convincing.

Plus, I can spend my money elsewhere rather than having 2 FFV games.
I know the story is the same, but beating the guy who created the Void might add to some more story background, who knows? I'm on my way to Enuo right now (but it's HARD!). But, I understand. Thanks for clearing it up.

Sefie1999AD
11-11-2006, 11:05 PM
FFVA is most likely being overshadowed by the release of both FFIII DS and FFXII. Even though FFV is an excellent game and the GBA remake is most likely very well done and has Enuo as a new secret boss and also a new secret dungeon, it's more likely that FFIII DS will get more attention since it's never been released outside Japan before, and the graphics and sound have been completely remade, and the story and characters have been improved a bit too. However, neither will get the attention FFXII gets because FFXII is a whole new FF game rather than a remake, and so far, it seems many have found XII to be a very good game too.

Captain Maxx Power
11-11-2006, 11:05 PM
I'd probably say I'm more excited about FF5 since I'm more likely to play it sooner, especially since FFXII comes out in Europe in 2007 :mad2:

Dreddz
11-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Any game Ive played and beaten several times that is being re-released dosent intrest me as much as a brand spanking new game which Ive never played before and likely could be even better.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-12-2006, 01:49 AM
Hmm, first main-series FF release in years vs port of a 1992 Super Famicom game.

Gee, I wonder which is going to win out.

Paul
11-12-2006, 04:28 AM
i am excited to play FFV advance. but also FFXII looks like a good game, and you'd be a fool to dismiss it without playing it and making your own judgements.

Sefie1999AD
11-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Hmm, first main-series FF release in years vs port of a 1992 Super Famicom game.

Gee, I wonder which is going to win out.

True, but FFV still has its strong points. It has an even more advanced version of FFIII's Job/Ability system, and the thoughtful battle system has been combined with a really enjoyable gameplay to provide the (IMHO) most addictive FF game there is. I don't think even FFVII and FF Tactics can reach the level of gameplay FFV has. FFV still loses to those games in terms of storyline (again, IMHO), but if you just want a really enjoyable battle system and some extremely fun gameplay, FFV is definitely a game one should play.

So far, FFV's holding my record of the longest non-stop gaming I've ever done, 17 hours (from 12 PM to 5 AM). :D That's pretty much, considering I can only play video games for an hour or two at a time nowadays.

UltimateSpamGrover
11-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Ive beaten FFV, but who is Enuo?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-14-2006, 02:11 AM
You should have talked to more townspeople. But now you can just read this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=94501).

Crossblades
11-14-2006, 01:55 PM
I want FF V Advance, but I can't afford it at the moment. It was a tough decision between FF V, XII, and III DS:(

Mirage
11-14-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm not all that excited over FFVA because I've played the game on the SNES already, just like I wasn't all that excited when FFIVA was released. I'm still a little bit interested though, because of the extra contents.
That being said, *plays it*

Jowy
11-14-2006, 03:50 PM
The new script makes it a lot more enjoyable.

About to go fight the gil turtle. <3

Zeromus_X
11-14-2006, 11:41 PM
"Oh my stars and comets! HE'S A SHE!!"

"Let her go, you adle-pated, foul-complexioned scofflaw!"

This new script wins.

zimdoomyday
11-14-2006, 11:50 PM
I've already got FF V on PSOne. It's my 4th favorite FF game. (Behind I, X and VIII)

Flying Mullet
11-15-2006, 03:37 AM
I wasn't sure if I'd like the new character portraits, but everytime I see Galuf's it makes me chuckle. :)

Sefie1999AD
11-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Most of the time Galuf speaks in FFVA, it makes me chuckle. :D Even though I'm not totally fond of his "old man" accent, I still think his lines are funny, and just like in FFIVA, the new translation adds a lot to the script, especially humor.

Tavrobel
11-17-2006, 02:53 PM
You aren't the only one Mulley. I'm more impressed with the original FFV than I am with FFXII.

Ratt1978
11-17-2006, 05:19 PM
I Already Have, FFIV Snes FFII Snes FFIV PS1, FF1 NES FFI PS1 FFI GBA, FFII NES FFII GBA, FFIII NES FFIII DS, FFV SNES FFV GBA, FFVI SNES FFIII SNES and Waiting FFVI GBA, FFVII FFVIII FFIX PS1, FFX FFX-2 PS2 , FFXII PS2, FFVII AC DVD FFVII AC UMD, FFVII DOC PS2, DO NOT HAVE FFXI, Well Damn I have them all and will not Play FFXI.

PS FFV, FFIII and FFXII are totally worth getting all of them, You will get you $s worth.,,. I know I have,.

Roto13
11-17-2006, 05:30 PM
"Oh my stars and comets! HE'S A SHE!!"

"Let her go, you adle-pated, foul-complexioned scofflaw!"

This new script wins.

I wasn't going to pick this game up, but I think I will now. Stars and comets. XD

You can't really blame people for being more excited for FF XII. XII is the best of the 3D games and V isn't the best of the 2D games (and it's 23 years old or something).

BUT IT'S STILL FAR FROM A BAD GAME

Zeromus_X
11-19-2006, 12:01 AM
15 years old, roto. :p :cat:

Holy Lancer
11-20-2006, 04:12 AM

If I used GBA I would be jumping up and down right now. Too bad they don't make Final Fantasy games for PSP (I-XII)