PDA

View Full Version : Remembrance Day

White Raven
11-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Being November 11th, it is the anniversary of the end of World War I, and in many countries around the world (including here in Canada) we remember all of those that have served their countries on this day.

My grandfather, and his 2 brothers faught in WWII and my great grandfather faught in WWI. I will never forget what they did for their countries. I went to the local legion here in Mississauga for their Remembrance Day ceremony today.

Anyone else go to any services today and do you have family members that have served your country in the past and present?

GeneralSapphire
11-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Me andmy brother and cousin are going to the parade tomorrow, with St Johns Ambulance.We shall march a long way then go to a service which will last a long time!!

Resha
11-11-2006, 07:32 PM
No ceremonies, but we always wear poppies in school. Not just for WWI, but II too. In general -- remembrance for those who died (in both the wars). :)

Lindy
11-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I was too busy at work, I just stoppped singing and larking about at 11am for two minutes, didn't stop working though but didn't say anything.

I'm not gonna forget that millions died in a war, so I don't feel the need to go through excessive ceremony to prove that fact.

theundeadhero
11-12-2006, 12:16 AM
November 11th is the day I joined the Army. Today is my four year anniversiary.