PDA

View Full Version : Never Mind the Buzzcocks

Spiffing Cheese
11-11-2006, 10:16 PM
...has started to really suck. The new presenter is a berk. He isn't funny at all. Bring back Mark Lamarr! :( Or the guest presenters thing, 'cause even that was better than this twat.

I really love this programme, but it's gone downhill. :(

yumi
11-11-2006, 10:26 PM
I find the new presenter hilarous. I actually thought Mark Lamarr was the berk, but I suppose it only because he was always bad mouthing Swindon. I think Simon is new and just needs to find his feet but I think he'll do a good job plus he has crazy hair.

Captain Maxx Power
11-11-2006, 11:03 PM
I wasn't so sure about the "new guy" myself, but he's got a really good grasp of what the show is about and the tone of it. Besides which, how can you bad mouth a show that gives you a partially senile ex-Goodie acting like the drunk guy down the bus stop?

Dreddz
11-11-2006, 11:06 PM
NMTB has gone pretty downhill I admit, but its still great tele. I personally prefer Have I Got News For You, just much better all round.

theundeadhero
11-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Why would a show called Never Mind the Buzzcocks not be about the Buzzcocks? They rock. More than the Sex Pistols.

Spiffing Cheese
11-12-2006, 12:58 AM
Why would a show called Never Mind the Buzzcocks not be about the Buzzcocks? They rock. More than the Sex Pistols.

It's Never Mind the Buzzcocks 'cause they couldn't call it Never Mind the Bollocks, like the Sex Pistols album. xD

Odaisé Gaelach
11-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Mark Lamarr was arrogant, stupid, and far from funny. Thank goodness he's gone.

Gotta love Bill Bailey though. :D

BarelySeeAtAll
11-12-2006, 11:02 AM
i watched it once, and thought that that was hilarious, i watched it again about 3 weeks later, and found it so boring!!

Lindy
11-12-2006, 11:53 AM
...has started to really suck. The new presenter is a berk. He isn't funny at all. Bring back Mark Lamarr! :( Or the guest presenters thing, 'cause even that was better than this twat.

I really love this programme, but it's gone downhill. :(
Fail.

Amstell was on NMTB before as a guest and his comments led to Lamarr suggesting that he was stealing his job, he's a perfect replacement.

Madame Adequate
11-12-2006, 12:56 PM
I really do not mind Amstell one bit. Even though he looks about 13.

Lindy
11-12-2006, 01:16 PM
He was also a bastard on Popworld which makes him great.

I remember the story he told when he was a guest on Buzzcocks.

One time on Popworld they had S Club Juniors on, y'know, the midget freak version of the already bad S Club. Well, it was the time of the month for one of the girls, her first in fact, and all the crew on the show were being very supportive and so on. Amstell decided to show his solidarity with this girl and the problems she was suffering, so he introduced the group in a heartwarming manner :

"And now, we have S Club Juniors, probably my favourite band ever. Period."

Spiffing Cheese
11-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I still don't like him. xD

Madame Adequate
11-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Hahaha, that makes me :bigsmile: Lindy, thanks for sharing :D

Drift
11-12-2006, 07:51 PM
What did happen to Mark Larmarr?

Dreddz
11-12-2006, 07:58 PM
What did happen to Mark Larmarr?

Hes off doing some show on Radio 2, its pretty good actually.

Cz
11-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I hven't seen the new series yet, but Simon Amstell's a funny guy, and I imagine the show could only benefit from his presence. It's probably still the weakest of the BBC panel quizzes, but that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-14-2006, 11:52 AM
I find most of the jokes coming from Phil Jupitus' wing unfunny, Bill Bailey however...

I find it good entertainment especially since I can pick up a few songs that I never knew the exact name of but yeah the absence of Lamarr does seem to dwindle on the extent of my enjoyment.
Like someone else said, Have I got news for you is better. More wittier, unscripted in most places and makes good clean fun out of those mongrels running our country

Dreddz
11-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Like someone else said, Have I got news for you is better. More wittier, unscripted in most places and makes good clean fun out of those mongrels running our country

Not to mention that they that they drived away the host (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YIrAim8cl9Y). That was easily Paul and Ian's funniest moment.