PDA

View Full Version : Your a disgrace to all Alexisonfire Covers!!!

TidusMaster
11-12-2006, 02:25 AM
ok,i love AoF..hopefully someone out there knows who they are....well,the guy isnt terrible at Screaming...needs a little work though......but,the thing that got me...WAS THE TERRIBLE SINGER!!! was he trying to copy Dallas Green? hes a disgrace!!!he really sucks! i really hate being harsh,but its true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Ick2GwabA&mode=related&search=

Discuss

Vincent, Thunder God
11-12-2006, 03:22 AM
Ok, so personally I don't like modern music, and I have a hate for punk rock bands like Alexisonfire. Modern music is just so stagnant.

Anyways, I thought that this cover was pretty good for a high school band. It probably sounds better live, without the bad sound quality.

And as much as I hate screamy songs, the bassist wasn't too bad at screaming.

The drummer was great; really skilled for his age.

TidusMaster
11-12-2006, 04:25 AM
ya,but the singing is terrible!

The New Kid
11-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Hmm, I don't like the idea of this thread. At least he was attempting Green's tone, I don't think it's plausible to expect an exact copy of his voice from a high school garage band.

Either way, I love AOF and Pulmonary Archery. I thought this cover was well done.

Resha
11-12-2006, 05:42 AM
I remember a song by Alexisonfire. ".44 Calibre Love Letter" -- is that by them? I didn't like it very much, but the name is very nice. :p

El Bandito
11-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Was a pretty good high school effort. But man, I'd have to agree with some of the comments in that the drummer is pretty good. I mean, I've heard my fair share of local high school or college bands, but he's really got some talent.

Madame Adequate
11-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Hard to make the screaming in AoF any worse than it is anyway.

The New Kid
11-12-2006, 07:14 PM
I remember a song by Alexisonfire. ".44 Calibre Love Letter" -- is that by them? I didn't like it very much, but the name is very nice. :p

Yes, ".44 Caliber Love Letter" is by Alexisonfire.

TidusMaster
11-12-2006, 08:14 PM
ya,i am being harsh,but im even in a band. I know that your not supposed to sing like someone,your supposed to sing like yourself,not trying to copy. Im a singer,and i know this. But,you guys are right, Well done Garage band!!!

Ragna53
11-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I like them, and they are my brothers favorite band. "Mailbox Arson" rocks.