PDA

View Full Version : D&D Character Pictures

ValkyrieWing
11-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Various character pictures I've done for the D&D games I play in.

Comments are appreciated. :3

ShunNakamura
11-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Beautiful as usual.
*takes a deep breath*

Individual coments go as follows.

The first one(in left to right order)- Probably my favorite of them. Shading and coloring and everything rocks! The only real thing that seems 'odd' about it is the glow on his hair. I get the impression that it is supposed to be coming from his other eye, but it doesn't seem to sit right to me for it to be so. May just be me however.

The second one- Nice and I don't see anything specifically wrong with it. It just seems to fall 'flat' with me. Just seems to lack that special something that attracts me to a piece of art.

The Third one- Another Brilliant one. The face sits a bit odd with me, but I have no idea why[possible just the angle].

The Fourth one and fifth ones(got something to do so I won't take time to say it seperately)- fall much in the same category as the second one. The look nice but seems a bit 'flat' compared to one and three.

Meh, me = not best critiquer but still I can say they are nice :P.

DarkLadyNyara
12-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Ooh. These are nice. I like the first one especially. :love:

Vincent, Thunder God
12-11-2006, 03:41 AM
My favourites are the third and fourth of the girls. The fourth's background fits very perfectly with the well-detailed and carefully designed outfit on the girl, but the third's cheeriness and comparitively simplistic background evoke more of a sense of adventure.

I'm not an actual artist so I can't comment in terms of constructive critsicm of your art, but from what I saw I really think you have great skill in detail and facial emotion.

Markus. D
12-11-2006, 03:48 AM
they look so awesome~

Pike
12-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I think they're quite well-done. I do, however, find myself wanting to know their classes =P

Rocket Edge
12-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Cool stuff VW. I love the burst of colour in your drawings. :up:

Slade
12-12-2006, 03:31 AM
The third and fourth drawings are awesome. Beautiful colouring. Well done :)

ValkyrieWing
12-12-2006, 08:45 PM
thanks everyone.....

LOL

Chemical
12-15-2006, 04:30 AM
As far as character developement I think they're nicely put together. Your experimentation with costume is nice but I think if you're interested in honing in on character sketches you should develop a personal language that brings more individuality to the face.

Also, don't be afraid or ashamed of picking up a coupe of fashion magazines to get a better feeling for clothing textures and patterns as well as body poses and positioning.

I love fashion magazines; they're great resources for when you're looking to do human characterization.

moogle maniac
12-15-2006, 04:39 AM
wow i think the last is the best in my opinion.... they are all really cool !!!!!!!!