PDA

View Full Version : Your most hilarious DEATH??

jeo2388
11-12-2006, 05:23 PM
For me it was when i fought 2 marboros,i had vaan,basch and fran...fran was using chaos mace (confuse strike)..the 2 monsters casted breath on me, vaan and fran got confuse..i tried casting esunaga but then fran hit me...the next thing i knew i was sitting there laughing watching my characters hitting themselves like dumbass retards...t'was freakin hilarious :rolleyes2

Zeromus_X
11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
These stupid Mandrakes. >_<;

Spammerman
11-12-2006, 05:51 PM
My guys were lvl 10, and I was in the starting eastersand, so i thought I was uber super bad-ass. I tried Wild Saurian after it used cannibalize.

abrojtm
11-12-2006, 07:24 PM
I probably died from Poison before.

Madame Adequate
11-12-2006, 07:43 PM
My guys were lvl 10, and I was in the starting eastersand, so i thought I was uber super bad-ass. I tried Wild Saurian after it used cannibalize.

That is precisely the same as me.

I didn't even know what hit me at first, because I had no idea there would be something so incredibly powerful in the first area you go to outside Rabanastre. :(

nik0tine
11-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Cactite.

Spammerman
11-13-2006, 03:05 AM

I didn't even know what hit me at first, because I had no idea there would be something so incredibly powerful in the first area you go to outside Rabanastre. :(

Only Vaan survived, because I ran my ass off.( Can we say ass on eoff without getting banned?) Luckily there was a camp that changes scene and is a safe point so I could save everybody.

punkforpez
11-13-2006, 04:56 AM
i thought i'd try to take down the rocktoise hunt and realized i blew all my mp doing a worthless quickening chain on a skeleton before it...

Roto13
11-13-2006, 05:07 AM
I was low on HP an I walked on a trap that berserked and confused me. My party members turned red and killed each other. >_>

charliebrown87
11-14-2006, 06:14 AM
my funniest was when i literaly jus started be able to explore which was right after you meet migelo and penelo so anyway i decided to go to eastersand and explore a little and eveything was cool until i saw the wild saurian... i knew i couldn't handle him yet so i decided to steal from him, but i didn't know the monsters could chase after you... i tried to Flee but he made short work me... yeah died the first hour in the game lol! but on a brighter note i came back when i was level 40 and totally whooped his butt... BUUYAAHH!!!

Wolf Kanno
11-14-2006, 07:06 AM
The rains had come to Giza and I felt my party was pretty badass, so I decided it was time to fight the elementals... I hit it with a level one spell and it hit me with a level three:cry:

That and the time I was exploring the Golmore Jungle and stumbled upon the Fey Woods instead of going to the Viera village. Nothing says pathetic like getting your ass handed to you by a small army of lv 40ish Mandragoras...;)

aerithsloveslave
11-14-2006, 12:36 PM
In the Golmore Jungle, after having made short work of Panthers and Malboros, I decided to fight a Hellhound. Ouch...

Tainted Angel
11-14-2006, 03:21 PM
First time I tried taking down the wraith. Ouch... everybody died thanks to doom. Evil incarnate. Killed him easy enough. Just set up 'Thunder' gambits and a Ether gambit.

James16
11-14-2006, 03:41 PM

i did the exact thing an i thought the same thing:D I said to myself" man im tired of these weak wolf things, i want a challange" i wuz onyl level 8 or 9 dont rember, i walked up to it shoot an arrow at it, it moved its tail killed one party member it one hit, i felt my stomach drop, i ran for my life across the plains an he killed me!! But the most funniest death i had was whenyou fight that big elder wyrm in the woods after you go to the firera( i think thast what they are, the same things Fran is)village. I started off good then he did that spore fall thing an i had to sit their much like that what that other dude said an watch my chars kill each other. It was very funny yet very sad.:D

Cruise Control
11-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Wild Saurian, apparently steal makes them aggro too. t_t

I had to redo the entire game to that point.

Fate Fatale
11-14-2006, 09:05 PM
In the Reks part, I went us the stairs to the save point, then went back down because i wanted to explore more without going up anywhere.. Without saving, i stolled down all alone and was ambushed by about 15 imperials... they made short work of me whilst i tried to find a save point on the first floor. >.<

Madame Adequate
11-14-2006, 09:46 PM
I was low on HP an I walked on a trap that berserked and confused me. My party members turned red and killed each other. >_>

This is the best one yet.

Dynast-Kid
11-16-2006, 12:48 PM
In the Reks part, I went us the stairs to the save point, then went back down because i wanted to explore more without going up anywhere.. Without saving, i stolled down all alone and was ambushed by about 15 imperials... they made short work of me whilst i tried to find a save point on the first floor. >.<

Nominus Experse
11-16-2006, 03:12 PM
It doesn't compare to roto's, but I ran over an explosion trap that instantly killed my party.

It still had that sudden, "WTF? Oh... damn, I feel stupid..." moment.

And I was also raped mercilessly by the Wild Suarian. I thought I was being clever and stole from it, only to have Vaan become lunch meat.

Lexy
11-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Those explosive traps scare the cr*p out of me. I'll be playing in my room at night in the dark, and be in some dungeon that's creepy in the first place, and all of a sudden BAM!!! Every time it happens I am so startled, I jump up and my heart rate increases. This game is so scary compared to the past FF's, but I am a big sissy too.

Tainted Angel
11-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Those explosive traps scare the cr*p out of me. I'll be playing in my room at night in the dark, and be in some dungeon that's creepy in the first place, and all of a sudden BAM!!! Every time it happens I am so startled, I jump up and my heart rate increases. This game is so scary compared to the past FF's, but I am a big sissy too.

All you need to liscense is the Bangle. Put it on Vaan on your primary character.

ValiantKnight
11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Hmm... must engage this "Wild Saurian" when I get my full copy instead of the demo....

Laugh at face of Danger
11-16-2006, 07:54 PM
I feel sad reading this thread :( but yes, confuse + berserk is a bummer ^^

XxSephirothxX
11-16-2006, 08:00 PM
I haven't died that many times, but I got pwned pretty hard by an elemental because I took just enough damage to trigger a Cure gambit while I was near one. :p I thought it was rather funny.

LunarWeaver
11-16-2006, 08:02 PM
I got overconfident and decided Elementals aren't that hard. Ivalice killed my self-esteem.

FallenAngel411
11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
All my deaths are very sad for me. They always seem to happen about an hour after I last saved. There is nothing funny about dying in FFXII. :(

Aya Nekoneko
11-16-2006, 11:49 PM

Same here. Whenever they go off and I'm playing all alone in the living room (and I only ever play when everyone's asleep or out), my heart almost stops. It is loud and the characters do that jumping thing as they get hit. This is precisely why I use Libra + float now.

Today, the Holy elemental almost wreaked hell on my party. Ashe had been diseased and when she got revived after dying, her full HP bar amounted to 1 HP. Slowly but surely all my characters got killed in the fray except for Penelo, whom I promptly used to haul ass outta there and get back to a save point. 'Twasn't all that fun because she had a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifload of Behemoths and such chasing after her all the way. I really hate mazes.

Timerk
11-17-2006, 02:34 AM
The Pyrolisks on the Phon Coast are the worst. They fly, which means most party members need to use magic, plus they can do a Kamakaze attack when they get low on health which basically crits you while not allowing you to get any exp or lp. They really seem to like chain critting/Kamakaze-ing Ashe, for some reason.

I hate them so.

Wolf Kanno
11-17-2006, 08:58 AM
This game has more "Oh %$@#" moments then any other RPG I know of...

My newest one was when I was in the Barheim(sp?) Ruins and I got ambushed by four walking death mages and a ghost class creature. They made short work of a my first string fighters and it was all left to my second string. So of course I ran like a frightened school child. Ran into the mark I was looking for in the first place, lost Vaan and Fran and so it was all up to Penelo to escape. I'm almost to the exit when I hit a trap and boom Game Over...

I have never sworn this much because of a game before, and yet like all bad relationships I keep coming back thinking that this time everything will work out...

Yuffie514
11-17-2006, 08:59 AM
i attacked a dinosaur (forgot its name) in the Estersands, right in the butt. then it ate a wolf, before it came for me...

Reeno the Alchemist
11-18-2006, 10:37 PM
ahem* at the begining of the game when your lookin for the tomato thing well after i made it to dalmasca i didnt see the save point so i went on the i was in the desert and i was like hey im poor lets steal from that t-rex and see how much i can sell it for...*steals*(2 seconds later)HOLY SHEET ITS FRICKIN CHASING MEEE AHHHHH RUN MOFO RUN *dead* then i had to go aaaaallllll the way to the beging with reks.X((

jeo2388
11-19-2006, 07:31 AM
ahem* at the begining of the game when your lookin for the tomato thing well after i made it to dalmasca i didnt see the save point so i went on the i was in the desert and i was like hey im poor lets steal from that t-rex and see how much i can sell it for...*steals*(2 seconds later)HOLY SHEET ITS FRICKIN CHASING MEEE AHHHHH RUN MOFO RUN *dead* then i had to go aaaaallllll the way to the beging with reks.X((

this really made me laugh :lol:

Avarice-ness
11-21-2006, 07:30 AM
There's a disease called stupid and underleveled going around the dreadnought leviathan.

You see, it's okay for me to trigger an alarm because I'm trying to level up. But it's not okay when Fran starts backing up to shoot things with her arrow, CONSTANTLY TRIGGERING THE ALARM MAKING ME OUTNUMBERED BY LIKE 8 MILLION. Every time I move away from it, it's all "All Clear!" and then She just HAS TO SHOOT SOMETHING TO CLOSE TO HER and trigger it again. u u;;;

Oh and I tend to not be able to find stairs, it normally happens when I'm being attacked and I'm trying to run away and the screens so dark that I'm just running up and down the wall trying to find the stair because it's not obvious enough.

Luckly... THE DINOSAUR WAS OBVIOUS ENOUGH. I'm smart enough to have not attacked that thing. :razz: (I was going too though.. then I figured it was 100 times larger than me. > >)

Adam_Tuominen
11-22-2006, 03:50 AM
Most hilarious death? Uh, definitely when I was fighting the two judges on the ship on the way to save Ashe in the beginning. In the middle of the fight, these random white light like fell down on my party, and then all the enemies EXCEPT for the judges died, so i thought it was someone in my party... then i found out my whole party's gone except for Vaan (who I was controlling). I started panicking since I only had 2 phoenix downs. So I switched out a dead character with Fran who was the only living character left except for Vaan. ANd the two judges chased me, literally slashing my butt and I died... :mad2:

six underground
11-25-2006, 02:55 PM
i looked on helplessly as the Ring Wyrm Sapped the life out of Vaan :)

figures rolling like a stock market crash, knock on wood.

Maddness66
11-29-2006, 07:35 AM
My first time taking on Cuchulain after he rose up and smiled at me, he just started walking towards me slowly...well, I was entirely dead before he even got into melee range.

Dell
11-29-2006, 08:06 AM
I got overconfident and decided Elementals aren't that hard. Ivalice killed my self-esteem.

Lunar always come with funny comic. :D
:laugh: Poor Fran.
My hilarous death will probably be Malboro Rebellion. I don't know why Putrid Breath hits all of my party member. And they leave my party after they cast it! :mad2:

true_bacon22
12-01-2006, 07:40 AM

the worst is giruveagen theres bridges that you have to find becuase there invisable but when you find them there louder then traps and all the sudden these green platforms pop outta no where i wasnt scared but every 5 mins in my house you hear OH JESUS

dont have an embarrassing but a slightly amusing one :)goromore forest i fought courels but killed so only penelo was left and 4 courels surrounded me ina square one attacked it pushed her to the one across he attacked pushed her to the bottom right he attacked pushed her to bottom left they played pinball with me i was amused yet angry at the same time.

ChocoKid21
12-22-2006, 01:23 AM
I believe mine was lvl 1 thinking I could take the Saurian in the Estersands.

Yep...

grafik
12-22-2006, 05:27 PM

awesome cartoon

my worst death was when i was fighting those little desert goblins and the harmless looking elemental slowly turns the corner one one of those huge oil-rig maze things. i had the bright idea of attacking it...and my party was instantly wiped out except for one character. i swapped everyone out and was almost wiped out again. i was down to one character and had to run for my life. the problem was that i was in the middle of the sandsea with no save points and had been playing for long enough for each character to level once if not twice. i barely managed to get to a secluded area and recover.

chrisguapo69
12-23-2006, 05:48 AM
My most hilarious death was when I was fighting Diabolos. All my party members were dead except Balthier and his gun. Just when I was about to throw a Phoenix down, Diabolos casts a nasty mix of berzerk, sap, disease, confuse on Balthier.

The next thing I know, Balthier put the gun to his head and shot himself and says something like "You're killing me!" As his limp body falls to the ground.

Now that was f'ing funny!

LazarCotoron
12-23-2006, 06:30 AM
All of my deaths in the game haven't been funny-but I've had a couple of REALLY close scrapes that are great.

My favorite one was when I was fighting Exodus. He just hit two of my three concious characters with Scourge as I was trying to cast Curaja. Vaan and Ashe went down like a ton of bricks, and Basch in my party is always berserked.

This time, it worked out-Basch won by about fifty HP. After waiting a few minutes for berserk to run down, I rezzed my party and scuttled off with my new esper and slightly damaged pride.

Dewprisms
12-23-2006, 08:16 AM
My most hilarious death?

Let's see. I'm really anal about exploring every inch of every map, so of course I had to go around every single circle in the Sandsea. Well, on one I was like doo-de-doo and slaughtering some Yensa and then I cured myself and all of the sudden this huge ball of fire walks over and goes "HAY. I donut like magic, i keel u ded nowz' and I go "wut hoo ru??... o shi-"

Salamand Entite made some BBQ Vaan that day.

DarkHeat787
12-27-2006, 09:44 PM
When I was in the Lhusu Mines the first time, I didn't know what a trap was.

~

*stepstepstep*

*BOOM!*

"Lamont has fallen."

~

*stepstepstep*

*POOF!*

"Basch has triggered a smoke trap!"

I was ttly pissed at having to waste one of my two Phoenix downs on an overpowered midget.

>.>

ValiantKnight
12-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Never made an Entite mad, seems the whole glowing ball of fire thing was enough to scare me off.

Flowering Cactoid solo at lvl 7 was fun when he seems so easy to kill.. not much more like a normal monster, then at the end(no quickenings yet so... slow killing him), he whips out 1000 needles and as soon as I saw that I was like.... /sigh.

I also went down into the waterway while I was alone, after bringing a ghost dead for 2 years back to town, and was trying to find the wraith mark.
Well I obviously went too far past it and I think Vaan might have been 9 or 10. He was solo and went into the waterway, which used to be filled with pretty easy creatures. Not anymore.
I looked at a lizard down there and hadn't used libra yet, and it put a bead on me, and I was laughing a bit as it ran around trying to get up to me. Well it finally found a way, and I was going to go smack it a bit.. and I cast Libra just before it got up there... and I see that its level 39... and.... OHKO.. im dead.

Bunny
12-28-2006, 12:01 AM
I just completely whipped while checking out Subterra at level 70.

Getting mobbed by 10 Abaddon, 2 Bull Abaddon, and 3-4 Mistmares at the same time is pretty hilarious if you ask me. THEY JUST KEPT COMING! I KILLED, THEY SPAWNED. Where did they all come from?!

Lawr
12-28-2006, 01:04 AM
Tried to fight Ultima

leader of mortals
12-28-2006, 05:52 PM
first time through, with everyone around level 11. Ghis made short work of me

jeo2388
01-09-2007, 01:59 AM
My most hilarious death?

Let's see. I'm really anal about exploring every inch of every map, so of course I had to go around every single circle in the Sandsea. Well, on one I was like doo-de-doo and slaughtering some Yensa and then I cured myself and all of the sudden this huge ball of fire walks over and goes "HAY. I donut like magic, i keel u ded nowz' and I go "wut hoo ru??... o shi-"

Salamand Entite made some BBQ Vaan that day.hahahahahahahahahah wuhoo

N8V_Tidus25
01-09-2007, 07:41 AM
After leveling up and getting lots of loot and LP's my first three characters died including my white magic mistress ashe, so then I decided I better go save it ASAP, and while I was going a malboro castes breath and inflicted me with almost everything it can and so I used the last of my remedies and I had no phoenix downs so I ws gettin nervous just then one of the coeurls inflicts both my people with stone, I only had two left and I decided to flea like hell to the nearest save point, I took one character out so that I have an extra 9 seconds before I turned to stone so after the first one turned to stone I changed characters thinking the save point I wasn't very nervous about it anymore and out of no where I see a red line on my tail and I run into an enemy (can't remember the name) and hit's me with "stop"... and the rest is history.

Giga Guess
01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Werewolf. Low level. SQUISH!

copy-and-paste
01-09-2007, 06:56 PM
For me it was when i fought 2 marboros,i had vaan,basch and fran...fran was using chaos mace (confuse strike)..the 2 monsters casted breath on me, vaan and fran got confuse..i tried casting esunaga but then fran hit me...the next thing i knew i was sitting there laughing watching my characters hitting themselves like dumbass retards...t'was freakin hilarious :rolleyes2Heh he same as me!:Dthey are betrayers!

Kanshisha
01-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Well the time i left a fight for a packet of chips...I choked on the chips from laughter that my party died while versing easy enemies! damn thats why i never put ATB on...

CimminyCricket
01-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I had just made it through the boss in the shrine of something on the way to arcadia. I had managed to survive with one character...Vaan. I had no MP (Mist drives you know) no pheonix downs. I was all ready to go and find a save point to heal the rest of my characters (vaan had full health) I was on my way towards the door that would show me out when...bam I died. I didn't notice at all but Vaan and Death cast on him...I was VERY upset. It took me a few tries to even get that far, and now I can't beat him. Those stupid mandragoras were hard enough, but noo now I have to fight my way from save point to another weird but place to fight an impossibly strong thing. WHAT IS THIS?

jeo2388
01-10-2007, 02:31 AM
I had just made it through the boss in the shrine of something on the way to arcadia. I had managed to survive with one character...Vaan. I had no MP (Mist drives you know) no pheonix downs. I was all ready to go and find a save point to heal the rest of my characters (vaan had full health) I was on my way towards the door that would show me out when...bam I died. I didn't notice at all but Vaan and Death cast on him...I was VERY upset. It took me a few tries to even get that far, and now I can't beat him. Those stupid mandragoras were hard enough, but noo now I have to fight my way from save point to another weird but place to fight an impossibly strong thing. WHAT IS THIS?

aw man dats gota hurt :rolleyes2

Doomie
01-10-2007, 03:42 AM
Salamand Entite? More like Smellamand Entite! Hahahahaha- oh :skull::skull::skull::skull:, Firaga? No. RUN VAAN RUN. Oh Jesus Christ!

unknown88
01-10-2007, 03:57 AM
An entite whooped my ass pretty bad in Sandsea, then in Giza Plains, damn I hate those flying balls, I get scared every time I see one...

Giga Guess
01-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Salamand Entite? More like Smellamand Entite! Hahahahaha- oh :skull::skull::skull::skull:, Firaga? No. RUN VAAN RUN. Oh Jesus Christ!

Similar to me..."Oh, what's that big glowy thing? One way to find out. Oh crap, I made it mad....*FIRAGA! BOOM!*"

RUN, BACKUP PARTY! RUN!

jeo2388
01-10-2007, 03:28 PM
hahaha.. :rolleyes2 u guys crack me up...seems like every FF12 player got thier ass kicked by elementals..
as for me i never actually killed one..scared to try..not that i didnt try...i tried killing a lv.25 elemental at lv. 55, and still got my butt kicked hahhah...Christ those balls are strong

Giga Guess
01-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah, those things are flat out scary.

BustaMo
01-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Zodiark. I was staying up 'til 4am the night before my semester started again. I spent 4 hours traveling through the Henne Mines, was wasted, tired, and just didn't give a crap after 30 minutes of battling Zodiark, he killed me off. I laughed at my attempts and my slight success, and then went to bed dead tired.

Dark Messenger
01-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Wild Saurian had got me too... I had only Vaan and I never saved! I had to do that stuff over again plus the first stuff with Vaan! This time, I saved before going out for the first mark. And I came back and destroyed the dinosaur around level 37, which was Ashe's level. I think it was Ashe, Vaan, and I forget who else that took it down. It's like Vaan had vowed revenge and brought back some help.

And... is Wild Saurian a mark? I killed it without accepting a hunt, so did I ruin a chance for a hunt? Or is it just a super-monster in a very easy place?

ValiantKnight
01-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Beaten the game, nearly done with all sidequests, and I've never seen any mention of the Wild Saurian as a mark or any quest related.

There are level 25 versions of him north of the river, but I am not sure why a level 30 version non-enemy is in that first area.

All the level 25 versions are enemy (kill you on sight)

Giga Guess
01-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Wild Saurian had got me too... I had only Vaan and I never saved! I had to do that stuff over again plus the first stuff with Vaan! This time, I saved before going out for the first mark. And I came back and destroyed the dinosaur around level 37, which was Ashe's level. I think it was Ashe, Vaan, and I forget who else that took it down. It's like Vaan had vowed revenge and brought back some help.

And... is Wild Saurian a mark? I killed it without accepting a hunt, so did I ruin a chance for a hunt? Or is it just a super-monster in a very easy place?

No...just a super monster, so to speak. And a decent way of getting LP (2 LP, for a rather simple battle later on...)

Demon in Shades of Gray
01-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Quickening chained the Wild Saurian at around level 11... 12 hits, it went down hard.

Funniest death so far? Well, despite having a bangle on one of my characters, the party members trailing my leader seem to keep tripping the explosion traps in the sandseas. So, upon coming up to a large cluster of them, I opted out of all party members but one.

Poor Ashe. She makes it through the cluster, only to to get smacked back into them by a bi-pedal bird. Between that and a confused Vossler, the girl never had a chance.

So much for that whole "Loyal defender of the realm" thing...

marysonnie
01-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I'd just beaten Gilgamesh and I couldn't get out of the goddamned mines without running into that Rare Game Monster in the area. It wiped the floor with me, along with those insanely high leveled Undead Zombies and Bats, so I died three or four times before I successfully escaped. Honestly, I beat a boss only to get mobbed by normal monsters...

Still...that mine still terrifies me.

jeo2388
01-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I'd just beaten Gilgamesh and I couldn't get out of the goddamned mines without running into that Rare Game Monster in the area. It wiped the floor with me, along with those insanely high leveled Undead Zombies and Bats, so I died three or four times before I successfully escaped. Honestly, I beat a boss only to get mobbed by normal monsters...

Still...that mine still terrifies me.
ouch...i know how that feels :mad:

tempestkitsune
01-28-2007, 10:34 PM
seems like everyone picks a fight with the the dinosuar at the estersand, which in my case i foolishly attakc it and once it brought Vaan down to like 10 HP (no clue how i survived the attack.) and i managed to escape from it by running away like a sissy little girl. but my most embaracing death was when i choose oto pick a fight with the Salamand Entite for a SECOND TIME when i went back to get revenge back when it attakced me in the Yensa (the first time i ran away caracters around 15, the second time i wasn't so luky characters were about 45.) i though i could beat it with all my quickinings (scince me normal combo is between 10-14 and my highest was 25.) but i just ended up kicking my ass anyway.

marysonnie
01-29-2007, 02:05 AM
seems like everyone picks a fight with the the dinosuar at the estersand, which in my case i foolishly attakc it and once it brought Vaan down to like 10 HP (no clue how i survived the attack.) and i managed to escape from it by running away like a sissy little girl.I actually avoided the dinosaur for a long, long time; I kept having flashbacks to FF8 in the training center when T-Rexaur would whip around and KO all my characters in one shot with his tail...you don't really recover from that.

but my most embaracing death was when i choose oto pick a fight with the Salamand Entite for a SECOND TIME when i went back to get revenge back when it attakced me in the Yensa (the first time i ran away caracters around 15, the second time i wasn't so luky characters were about 45.) i though i could beat it with all my quickinings (scince me normal combo is between 10-14 and my highest was 25.) but i just ended up kicking my ass anyway.I'm at level 58 and these things still intimidate me. Fearga = suckage; how the hell can I use Curaja with 0 MP? I keep trying to steal those Halcyon dealies and I always get Feystones :mad2:

hplvr
01-29-2007, 09:12 PM
one time when i was only Vaan before meeting Penelo, i ran around and leveled up and get alot of chests and it took me forever, then those stupid werewolf things came and killed me in one hit.... oh god was i mad...... but it wasnt really funny
i didnt die much in the game, and alot of it wasnt funny either
another one was when i was about to go beat hell wyrm, and i was too weak and forgot to save it, and b4 i got like 3 people in my sky pirates den. so i went to him, 2 hours he kicked my ass, and i had to get everything all over again

Pathfinder
01-30-2007, 04:45 PM
lolx.....mine was at ridorana cataract...at the save place b4 u fight hydro(spoiler??!)crap there were like 5 traps in a straight line b4 de save place...i walked n.....HOLY CR*P instant death...lolz it wuz lke 1~2k dmg each trap~.~

leader of mortals
01-30-2007, 10:01 PM
the elder wyrm(or rafflesia, cant remember) confused my uuys and they killed eachother as the boss killed them:(

ShadowRaider
01-31-2007, 02:28 PM
I have never sworn this much because of a game before, and yet like all bad relationships I keep coming back thinking that this time everything will work out...

Know the feeling doing the tomb quest got squished by first wall came back got butt kicked by second (wiped team) ran back got squished by first again

Yliette
02-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Mine would have to be at the Ogir-Yensa. Since it's a very vast area to explore, I had to toil away without depending on Save Crystals.

I've finally gained 3 levels until I encountered this giant Elemental thing. I got overconfident and attacked it and ended up being killed by its Firaga worth 2k damage.

I yelled "F***!" and almost chucked my PS2 out the window. After all, who wouldn't be frustrated after suffering for 2 hours and end up with a game over? :mog:

qwertysaur
02-07-2007, 12:21 AM
I had just beaten Mateus and went back to save. Big mistake, I ran into the Negulmuur. The rest is history, sad sad history.

Angeluz
02-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Wild Saurian seems to had raped us all or at least most of us...my death eventhough i had bangle or wadeva the name is(not good with the names)i saw its level but i thought i could steal from it and then ran...so i stole from it not know it that at its level itcould kill me from one hit ...so i died...vann was the last one to die since he was runing from the Wild Saurian but was finally caught up/// very smart from me...others times i died was cuz of the elemental at first i didnt know wad made them atack me..i used magick in front of them..and boom one hit and dead :(...and my low level didnt help either...but its funny cuz when i tried to fill the beastiry none appeared !!!

jessica85r
02-07-2007, 04:08 AM
While in the sandsea I decided to see if I could take on the large glowing orb (I thnk it's called a salamander). After finaly outrunning the thing I only had Balthier with 50 HP standing. Hoping to avoid any of the bug men long enough to raise the other 5 I ran off to one of those side ramps, only to find an Altrune.

My boyfriend thought this was far funnier at the time than I did.

Anno Domini
02-07-2007, 03:44 PM
it was about 4 am, dont ask why i was staying up, and i was on the hunt for Thexthera (sp?). I got lost because of a bad sandstorm and ended up face to face with some bird of impending death, i think it was a dive tallon. It KOed my people so fast...i had to start the hunt all over again:mad:

jeo2388
02-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Mine would have to be at the Ogir-Yensa. Since it's a very vast area to explore, I had to toil away without depending on Save Crystals.

I've finally gained 3 levels until I encountered this giant Elemental thing. I got overconfident and attacked it and ended up being killed by its Firaga worth 2k damage.

I yelled "F***!" and almost chucked my PS2 out the window. After all, who wouldn't be frustrated after suffering for 2 hours and end up with a game over? :mog:

aw man that was painful hahahaha:love:

jeo2388
02-08-2007, 06:19 AM
While in the sandsea I decided to see if I could take on the large glowing orb (I thnk it's called a salamander). After finaly outrunning the thing I only had Balthier with 50 HP standing. Hoping to avoid any of the bug men long enough to raise the other 5 I ran off to one of those side ramps, only to find an Altrune.

those god damned things,:greenie: pardon my language

Remedy
02-08-2007, 07:33 AM
yeah LOL it happened to me in Waterway.

I cast Magic on some enemies and there was an element with green HP, but the Element got jealous and started to cast strong magic back on my characters.
the only thing I did is running back to the other area.

Seifer
02-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Getting crushed by Demonwall for the first time. I forget exactly why it was funny, though...but there was a reason.

jessica85r
02-08-2007, 07:36 PM
I developed Claustriphobia in high school, though I've been getting better at it. The Demon Wall freaked me out the first 3 or 4 times it killed me (I realy should have leveled some more). After that it was like some horrible running gag until I beat it.

eternalshiva
02-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I hit a berserk confuse trap when I was invisible. I lost control of my characters and they ran around like retards being unable to see each other I just watched as invis wore and the trained just about every monster in sight and killed each other. I hadn't save in about 4 hours ;o I wasn't sure if I wanted to cry or laugh.

Sooo I just went ._.; and went to bed.

EDIT: oh yeah this was after a major boss and I only had 3 characters alive, I was in the process of sitching them in and out of pt to revive them. I was like 1 screen away from a save point.

Yliette
02-10-2007, 10:04 AM
But IMO the most damned off all fiends are those of the Flying type. It wastes a lot of precious MP and only Fran can attack it (since in my game only she is equipped with a ranged weapon).

The Garuda in front of Raithwall's Tomb was also a nutter. I had to toil away til my party was 2 levels higher than Vossler (he was Lv17 then) and still got continually defeated. Only to find out later that it only took those berries to defeated the damn bird. :choc:

PuPu
02-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Well, after I had gotten Basch in my party, I was trying to look for the Wraith Mark. So I found out it's in the Garamsythe waterway right? Well, I had no idea it was right in the beginning of the place, so I went further into the place. I saw Malboro Overkings and Lizards that were waaaaay too strong for me.

So after running through the place playing chicken with the monsters, I searched the whole place, from the part leading into the Rabanastre Palace, to the place where you first get Fran and Balthier, I found nothing. So, as I was trying to escape, one of them actually manages to hit Vaan, and he died, leaving only Basch in my party. After running away to safety, I found an area where there were no aggressive monsters, but only a friendly, monster in the shape of bubbles/foam. For some reason, it started using powerful attacks on me (no I did not attack it or target it at all) and it killed me.

Yes, it was an extremely powerful Water Elemental that killed me.

jeo2388
02-11-2007, 01:22 PM
I developed Claustriphobia in high school, though I've been getting better at it. The Demon Wall freaked me out the first 3 or 4 times it killed me (I realy should have leveled some more). After that it was like some horrible running gag until I beat it.

gee i thought i was the only one, that freaky wall freaked me out too,scary

Yliette
02-11-2007, 02:39 PM
I found the wall at Raithwall's Tomb still tolerable. Only when I was squished that I thought twice about my fears. :eek:

And has anyone else noticed that the designers of FFXII have made the fiends look more Satanic?

Woodinator
02-12-2007, 01:53 AM
Well..i remembered the T-rexes in FFVIII so avoided that thing...and then my experience with elementals in FFXI taught me to avoid magic with those...so yes experience w/ other games helped me avoid noobishness....

Traps were completely new to me though....

I remember there being a line of explosion ones in those mines you go to in the flying city...kinda went like this...

BOOM!
$%@^!!
BOOM!
#$%@!!!
BOOM!
Dead... (YOu'd think common sense would tell me to turn around after the second one...but noooooooooo ><)

oh and you cant forget about how the part member will triger the trap as you carefully avoid it wiping out a party member or two

jeo2388
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I found the wall at Raithwall's Tomb still tolerable. Only when I was squished that I thought twice about my fears. :eek:

And has anyone else noticed that the designers of FFXII have made the fiends look more Satanic?

yea...the monster are quite, uhh, dark...from the flans to the headless big guys..and the ghosts that teleports, damn.......cant wait for FFXIII hahah..wonder what the monsters would be like...:rolleyes2

Fran
02-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Those explosive traps scare the cr*p out of me. I'll be playing in my room at night in the dark, and be in some dungeon that's creepy in the first place, and all of a sudden BAM!!! Every time it happens I am so startled, I jump up and my heart rate increases. This game is so scary compared to the past FF's, but I am a big sissy too. the first time that hapened to me i was on te phone, in the area with the bounty hunters, and i set one off, i almost screamed cuz i thought they found me and were gong to kill me, my friend started laghing at me too.... i was shocked and repeated *omg im gonna die, im gonna die," lol then after a couple times of the bombs i finaly found out what it was, my friend said they were trying to shoot me, but it was just a bomb... lol im a dork...:eep:

LauraD
02-16-2007, 10:20 PM
I watched an overzealous friend assume that the giant Trex in the estersand was fightable since it was there aaaand he got squashed. I didn't say a word, I just let him do it. Afterwards:

WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME???!?!?

*shrug* Its your gameplay.

Oh and all the little onion headed dudes? Where you fight them for the boy? Hysterical.

Shiva_
02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
I got owned by an Undin Entite in the Pharos Tower one time as I was fixing to get my ability back at one of the pedestals. I had no idea that one was going to be roaming around in that section. I was unwary about it.

I had just fought a boss and then had entered that part to try to find the save crystal before going to the pedestal to receive my ability again. Here was the Entite. Usually, they're neutral and won't attack as long as you don't use magic. However, this one was apparently aggressive and hostile to begin with. It started attacking despite myself not even casting a single spell to begin with.

What he did was casted Sleepga first and put all of my guys to sleepy-bye land. Then he just constantly spammed Waterga on everybody over and over. The bad news is that magic won't wake you up unlike physical attacks. Anyway, it was "splash..splash..splash...and so on"..until they were all dead.

Yliette
02-18-2007, 12:11 AM
No. Not the Flying fiends are the most vicious. TRAPS are!! *Rants incomprehensible profanity* :eek: Most of them can't be seen and will scare the guts out of you once you step on them, some even dealing killer damage!

Vaan has the highest HP in my current game and he stepped on a trap. He died immediately. And he was at full HP then. :mad:

Jerseymilk
02-18-2007, 12:16 AM
No. Not the Flying fiends are the most vicious. TRAPS are!! *Rants incomprehensible profanity* :eek: Most of them can't be seen and will scare the guts out of you once you step on them, some even dealing killer damage!

Vaan has the highest HP in my current game and he stepped on a trap. He died immediately. And he was at full HP then. :mad:

The answer to avoiding that is to make a gambit for at least one of your active party members to always have Libra equipped. That way you'll always be able to see them, since once the alotted time of the technique runs out, the character will automatically re-cast it on themselves and it saves you the trouble of always having to remember to turn it on when doing a quest/mission/hunt somewhere.

Yliette
02-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Oh. So Libra reveals traps. So that's why some of them can be seen. I only use Libra on the characters I have control of (usually Vaan and Ashe).

Jerseymilk
02-18-2007, 04:30 AM
Yep. So what I would do is make a gambit for both Ashe and Vaan to constantly have Libra cast on themselves. That way, whichever one you're using, which I'm assuming one of them is always in your active party, will have it on. Then you can see the traps to avoid them.^^

Shiva_
02-18-2007, 05:45 AM
^ A Self>Float gambit is important as well. Having the Float spell active enables you to safely go over the traps without setting them off.

ThundagAuron
02-18-2007, 08:58 PM
I started a second game file and I watched the opening cutscenes etc. They were almost over when I left my controller on the couch to go grab some Oreos and when I came back, the screen said GAME OVER. I was like WTF? Oh wait, right, those rats.... Damn...Owned.

I think that's pretty funny...

judgemagistergabranth
02-18-2007, 10:06 PM
For me it was when i fought 2 marboros,i had vaan,basch and fran...fran was using chaos mace (confuse strike)..the 2 monsters casted breath on me, vaan and fran got confuse..i tried casting esunaga but then fran hit me...the next thing i knew i was sitting there laughing watching my characters hitting themselves like dumbass retards...t'was freakin hilarious :rolleyes2I accidently killed my self cause my gambits were set the wrong way I had it sat ally below 30% balanece and guess what i used balence on me and my allys killing them

Yliette
02-19-2007, 01:41 AM
I almost died with that big T-rex in the Henne Mines. Although he was just right for my party's average level (Lv25), I got careless and fought him just depending on Larsa's unlimited supply of Hi-Potions.

I was just sitting back enjoying myself until Penelo got killed and Vaan was struggling for HP. I immediately replaced Penelo with Ashe and defeated that stupid dinosaur. From then on I became careful and never became reliant on Larsa's Hi-Potions.

Gambits can be quite a hindrance. I have my gambits turned off except for Foe>Any - Attack. Just that and nothing more. I also have my party leaders (usually Vaan and Ashe) auto-cast Libra for traps. Thanks to Jerseymilk for this tip. :love:

Jerseymilk
02-19-2007, 06:21 AM
I also have my party leaders (usually Vaan and Ashe) auto-cast Libra for traps. Thanks to Jerseymilk for this tip. :love:

You're welcome.:cool:

Holy Lancer
02-21-2007, 07:45 PM
I can't remember the last time I died. I only die when I am in fights that I shouldn't be in yet.

Shiva_
02-21-2007, 11:07 PM
I can't remember the last time I died. I only die when I am in fights that I shouldn't be in yet.
It can be quite easy to accidentally fight something you shouldn't yet in this game, even if you don't intend to, and it's typically when you least expect it.

Examples of these cases are:

1) The rare game you encounter during your jouney, esp. after joining the trophy hunt club. You happen to run into one, and next thing you know, you get owned by it and die. That's happened to me a bit. Some others on here probably have stories about this (e.g. when going on their way to fight Gilgamesh 2nd part or going on their way back from it, etc.).

2) Having very powerful enemies in early areas of the game. They are way beyond your characters levels, but unless you have libra on, you don't know this.

3) The Elementals, or even worse, the Entites who will freak out when you use magic around them. At earlier points and during much of game (the Entites), they're well above your characters' levels.

Yliette
02-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Right on. Probably the creators of FFXII intentionally placed a fiend in each area with a level far higher than the average level of the said area. E.g. Wild Saurian in Estersand, Entites in Ogir-Yensa, Hellhounds in Golmore Jungle.

It's smart to keep Libra always turned on.

Holy Lancer
02-22-2007, 07:42 PM
omfg I just died thisd morning and it was a terrible one. I fought Gilgamesh for the second time, beat him then went back (without saving it) and died to that rare game in the room next to the save crystal. I fought that rare game (I think it's name was Dismal or something) and had it down to like 10% HP but I ran out of MP after using Arise and Curaja so many times. I think I only died twice ever in FF12. The only other time I died was when I fought the Mandragoras boss, I didn't try though. It was easy when I actually tried though.

Shiva_
02-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Right on. Probably the creators of FFXII intentionally placed a fiend in each area with a level far higher than the average level of the said area. E.g. Wild Saurian in Estersand, Entites in Ogir-Yensa, Hellhounds in Golmore Jungle.
That's one of the reasons why it's important to talk to people in the various areas of the game.

In the weapons shop at Rabanastre, the seeq guy will tell you that some enemies won't mess with you, but go pickin' a fight with them, and expect them to fight back. That Wild Saurian in the Estersand is one of those neutral creatures (green bar up top) who doesn't attack unless he's poked at. However, the saurians in the north part of that area are aggressive to begin with, but you should be at a high enough level to fight them by then (unless you're up there at an earlier point doing some stuff for the Barheim key side-quest).
The talons in the Westersand are some others (they have green bars). However, one of the NPC's in the Westersand near the merchant says something about not worrying about them.

With the Elementals and Entites, NPC's in every area you go to will warn you about them. They will tell you to watch out for them when the weather gets bad. However, in certain areas of the game, they just appear at random (w/o pending certain conditions, I believe). One example is at the Pharos in the pedestal room (where you get your ability back) where I got owned by one. :eek:

Even if you don't have Libra on, if you target an enemy, you can still tell if it's too powerful for your party based on what color his name is. If it's blue, your party is either over-leveled for him or on-par with him. If it's yellow, then he's a bit difficult, but victory is still possible. If the name is in red, then he's usually way too much for your guys, and you shouldn't bother with him. If you do, then you have a pretty high chance of being defeated. However, I don't think marks, bosses, and rare game have this coloring system.

Libra gives detailed stats of the enemy such as weaknesses, HP, level, etc. Bosses, marks, and rare game are immune to Libra, though.

If you talk to the bangaa NPC in the Westersand right before entering the Ogir-Yensa, he does emphasize using it. I believe he does at that particular area because there are heaps of hidden traps in that area you're about to go into.

The rare game seems to be what really catches players off-guard, though. For example, whenever you leave the Barheim Passage upon escaping the dungeons and head back to Rabanastre through the Estersand, you may happen to encounter a cockatrice look-alike. He looks just like a regular cockatrice, but he's much tougher. Like all rare game, he's immune to Libra. I'm fairly sure some deaths have occured from it.

Holy Lancer
02-22-2007, 09:37 PM
I just owned Gilgamesh again. He is way too easy.

Shiva_
02-22-2007, 09:56 PM
That rare game in the area before Gilgamesh is Disma. He is super tough. He's fast, he hits hard, and he tends to combo at times. Having the Dark Lords around doesn't help matters any. I encountered him on my way to Gilgamesh (2nd) and barely scraped a victory against it. My guys were at HP critical condition by the time I beat him, I believe. I was level 58 at the time.

Holy Lancer
02-23-2007, 05:40 PM
That rare game in the area before Gilgamesh is Disma. He is super tough. He's fast, he hits hard, and he tends to combo at times. Having the Dark Lords around doesn't help matters any. I encountered him on my way to Gilgamesh (2nd) and barely scraped a victory against it. My guys were at HP critical condition by the time I beat him, I believe. I was level 58 at the time.

I had him down to like lower than 10% health then Fran and Balthier ran out of MP and he killed Vaan while he was doing Arise. My reserves are super weak and got owned. I went back and owned Gilgamesh again. I could beat him all day. I'll go back sometime and kill that Disma noob.

jeo2388
02-24-2007, 08:07 AM
That's one of the reasons why it's important to talk to people in the various areas of the game.

In the weapons shop at Rabanastre, the seeq guy will tell you that some enemies won't mess with you, but go pickin' a fight with them, and expect them to fight back. That Wild Saurian in the Estersand is one of those neutral creatures (green bar up top) who doesn't attack unless he's poked at. However, the saurians in the north part of that area are aggressive to begin with, but you should be at a high enough level to fight them by then (unless you're up there at an earlier point doing some stuff for the Barheim key side-quest).
The talons in the Westersand are some others (they have green bars). However, one of the NPC's in the Westersand near the merchant says something about not worrying about them.

With the Elementals and Entites, NPC's in every area you go to will warn you about them. They will tell you to watch out for them when the weather gets bad. However, in certain areas of the game, they just appear at random (w/o pending certain conditions, I believe). One example is at the Pharos in the pedestal room (where you get your ability back) where I got owned by one. :eek:

Even if you don't have Libra on, if you target an enemy, you can still tell if it's too powerful for your party based on what color his name is. If it's blue, your party is either over-leveled for him or on-par with him. If it's yellow, then he's a bit difficult, but victory is still possible. If the name is in red, then he's usually way too much for your guys, and you shouldn't bother with him. If you do, then you have a pretty high chance of being defeated. However, I don't think marks, bosses, and rare game have this coloring system.

Libra gives detailed stats of the enemy such as weaknesses, HP, level, etc. Bosses, marks, and rare game are immune to Libra, though.

If you talk to the bangaa NPC in the Westersand right before entering the Ogir-Yensa, he does emphasize using it. I believe he does at that particular area because there are heaps of hidden traps in that area you're about to go into.

The rare game seems to be what really catches players off-guard, though. For example, whenever you leave the Barheim Passage upon escaping the dungeons and head back to Rabanastre through the Estersand, you may happen to encounter a cockatrice look-alike. He looks just like a regular cockatrice, but he's much tougher. Like all rare game, he's immune to Libra. I'm fairly sure some deaths have occured from it.

hope you guys read this...

hey shiva you shud write a walkthrough:D

Setzer Gabianni
02-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Being ass raped by 3 hyenas yesterday XD - they had me cornered ;_;

broken_zero
03-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Well two things deaths spring to mind right now,

Firstly that stupid idiotic bloody flowering cactaur!!!! Thought i was doing well untill he remembered his boss gambit:
Hp < 10 Become faster, stronge and more combos (ARGH)

Oh and the time i was wandering around the desert looking for the blossoms (to gt the braheim key) and took a wrong turn, found a sand storm and a big big dino inside, ouch, not good at level 21 !!!!!

Ogrius
03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Last night fighting Zalera. All 6 of my characters were all lvl 47 so they were all vulnerable to lvl prime death. Well He casts it and my party dies so I bring in the reserve party and quickly set off a quickening since he is at about 1/4 health. well just before I did it, he casted lvl prime death again and it landed at the same time as my quickening. The quickening killed him, I went through the whole "Congratulations" screen, then I got game over as my characters died from Death lol.

Formalhaut
03-04-2007, 12:10 AM
I was Vaan and Penelo. I acepted the the teaxtraha (Wrong spelling) Thing and I was Lv.5/6 for both Vaan and penelo. Westersand. Ventured to far saw one of them flying birds thing. Cast thunder. Kills vaan in 1 hit. Escape. Kill Penelo. Penelo sau
ys "No" game over. Yeah, Very bad.

jeo2388
03-12-2007, 04:08 AM
Well two things deaths spring to mind right now,

Firstly that stupid idiotic bloody flowering cactaur!!!! Thought i was doing well untill he remembered his boss gambit:
Hp < 10 Become faster, stronge and more combos (ARGH)

Oh and the time i was wandering around the desert looking for the blossoms (to gt the braheim key) and took a wrong turn, found a sand storm and a big big dino inside, ouch, not good at level 21 !!!!!

:D

look_out_below
03-13-2007, 03:02 AM
When i died fighting the mandragoras boss/hunt. It just feels stupid being killed off by a bunch of vegtables. Side note for some reason the cut scene at the end of this battle always cracks me up its like "OMG they actually killed them, but why? Man the main characters in FFX12 are evil, killers for hire."

Another time was after i found out i was at a high enough level to kill the hell hounds went out to fight one and got ambushed by about 4. My party didnt stand a chance.

Shiva_
03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
When i died fighting the mandragoras boss/hunt. It just feels stupid being killed off by a bunch of vegtables. Side note for some reason the cut scene at the end of this battle always cracks me up its like "OMG they actually killed them, but why? Man the main characters in FFX12 are evil, killers for hire."

It took me about an hour to defeat them. My dad was watching me play that night, and he was telling me to "hurry up..this is taking forever"..lol .I think I must've had crappy equipment or something. My guys were level 36, I believe. When I fought them, all I was getting were status effects galore, the word PARRY floating on the TV 3/4's of time when I attacked them, the word IMMUNE popping up when using magic, etc. and they were hitting hard as well. Anyway, when I managed to finally defeat them, I exited the cave palace back out to the Tchita Uplands so I could go back to the teleport crystal and save. I also wanted to receive my reward from the person who assigned me to hunt the Mandragoras.

I am so glad I exited and walked all the way back through Tchita Uplands to save at the teleport crystal instead of going to the back room behind where I fought to save because there was actually a crystalbug back there, and I wasn't in the mood for another fight as I my guys were depleted from the Mandragora one.

This was on my first playthrough (I decided to restart my 1st playthrough little later as I was missing crucial things upon playing through). When I fought them the second time, they were easier as I was much better equipped.

Another time was after i found out i was at a high enough level to kill the hell hounds went out to fight one and got ambushed by about 4. My party didnt stand a chance.

This happened to me once as well. I picked a fight with one of them, and next thing I knew, I got mobbed, and my guys were getting hit for a lot of damage and getting KO'ed. Fortunately, I mashed R2 and was able to retreat in time to leave the section.
I did get my ass kicked by the panthers, though, the very first time I stepped into the Golmore Jungle. I had crappy armor/weapons and was mobbed by 4 of them. Due to gil issues at the time, I had problems affording good equipment.

LunaNaelyan
03-13-2007, 04:16 PM

Same thing here. I'd been chaining those Urutan-Yensas for at least three hours (it was unpleasant already, somehow the music creeps me out in the middle of the night :( ), had gotten everyone from lvl 25 to 30, and I ran into the Salamand Entite.
"Hey! Let's kick his butt and use a couple of quickening chains on it!"
Well, its HP only went down about 10%, so Basch, Balthier, and Ashe ran for their lives, only to get killed by firaga. After running around in circles for at least ten minutes, the Entite and those Urutan-Yensas chasing me all the way, I finally managed to lose them. Fran was the only one who'd survived the ordeal, and she used her last phoenix downs on Basch and Vaan. To make a long story short, I ended up running into that freakin' Entite again. It was the perfect ending to a sad, sad story.:mad:

jeo2388
03-13-2007, 05:53 PM

Same thing here. I'd been chaining those Urutan-Yensas for at least three hours (it was unpleasant already, somehow the music creeps me out in the middle of the night :( ), had gotten everyone from lvl 25 to 30, and I ran into the Salamand Entite.
"Hey! Let's kick his butt and use a couple of quickening chains on it!"
Well, its HP only went down about 10%, so Basch, Balthier, and Ashe ran for their lives, only to get killed by firaga. After running around in circles for at least ten minutes, the Entite and those Urutan-Yensas chasing me all the way, I finally managed to lose them. Fran was the only one who'd survived the ordeal, and she used her last phoenix downs on Basch and Vaan. To make a long story short, I ended up running into that freakin' Entite again. It was the perfect ending to a sad, sad story.:mad:

hahahah dang...well one way to avoid them when you characters are at low level is never use magic..its easy as that...whenever you see one turn off all gambits(bcoz im sure you all hav HP>???=cure ect. gambits on)lose them first coz they are really angels if they dont detect any magic..they are one of the most dangerous creatures in ff12...once they start casting they will spam it like hell..yep no mercy:cry: ..well if ever they do catch u using magic, never fight back :mad: ..yea it sucks running like a bitch, but hey, better than game over right?only use curaga or curaja if you happen to have it if ur HP is runnin low then continue running till u find the nearest loading point . . . . . .:love: then when ur at much higher level(with a level 4 blk magic opposing to that particular elemntal), it'l be ur turn to make him run like a nipple:rolleyes2 they make good LP's

No.78
03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
My first go against Cuchulain.

Cuchulain: Yo
Vaan: Fu-

*death*

I got him yesterday tho, took forever and I had to have ashe and penelo on auto cura forever >.>

Northcrest
03-13-2007, 07:02 PM
In the westersand when I was training I notice that Fran and Ashe went off somewhere to fight and enemy. I thought it was nothing but then realized that on the top it said Gnoma Entite casting thundara. I turn and see Ashe and Fran getting killed by a Thundara then I start running away. I wouldn't really call it a 100% death but more like a 66 2/3% but it was pretty funny.

gudkid
03-14-2007, 01:03 PM
mine was when i was roaming around the dalmascan westersand when the sandstorm started...
i saw this big yellow glowing ball thingy which happens to be an elemental....
i thought it wouldn't attack coz it's name was yellow and all so when i went passed it, after a few seconds, all my characters are dead...
i just got stupified for a few minutes thinking what had happened....
the hilarious part? i didn't save it 5 hours prior to the event which i had to re-hunt 2 marks and level myself up to 25.... from 20....
sucks really....

Lady Ashe
03-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Oh yes,I would be at low level in one of the dungeons, minding my own bussiness and then a little thing would randomly pop up on the screen. So naturaly I'd try to kill it.
Sadly however, once I knocked it out,the bats started to multiply, in no time I was usually dead, either that or running for my life and dying while attempting to find a save point or heal.
As I recall many times I would be using Fran and have her running around in circles sometimes in small places trying to get her Mp up all the way so I could revive evereyone else plus have my MagicXD

Did anyone else get over confident with the Dinosaur-like monster in the Easterlands?, Of course I had to put up my fists to it and wish I had'nt. :kaofight2:

I HATED The Henne Mines and the Waterways, those were a bitch. >__>

jeo2388
03-18-2007, 02:12 PM
the waterways was fine except for those huge malboroes, ah huh big trouble when at low level,they are truly legends when it comes to negative status effects:mad:
i always get my ass kicked by marboroes:cry:

Remedy
03-21-2007, 07:49 AM
just yesterday - I've tried t kill an element at the Sandsea by chaining Mist
LOL I was way too far to get to half of its health
'' death all waits you''

purplepenguin
03-24-2007, 04:24 PM
i was at start with Vaan on lvl 3 i think in the Estersands saw the dinosaur thing, thought- ooh what does that do? hit it once with my 45 attack and -err- one bite and i was a dead duck.
I had my revenge later with my pals Balthier and Fran on lvl 18!!

jeo2388
04-18-2007, 02:52 PM
anyway its been 2 weeks, and its time for a good ol' replay...
:eek:

Jiro
04-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Two cases.
First was not really a death. I was walking through Paramina Rift and saw an Entite. I didn't cast any magic. Then a couple of Skeleton guys popped up and started attacking me. Fran autocasts cure, BAM Entite attacks me. I run fast and luckily I escaped without being blasted.

Second was in Henne mines. Happened twice. I was attacking flans in the junctions. I used quickenings for quick kills. But when I ran out they cornered me. Then they just iced me (or watered, forgot) until I was dead. I was also poisoned. Not a good day. But I went back a couple more times when I was stronger and got some okay EXP and loot.

Cap'n Basch
04-19-2007, 08:26 PM
This sort of counts, I think: start of the Zodiark battle, Darkja instant kill effect hits all party members; I have to switch in a reserve team whose highest level was 28 and revive the main party while keeping the secondaries alive.

Not only did I somehow pull this off, but the secondary party lived long enough to throw out a random quickening chain before I switched again and from there it was smooth sailing for the main party. 'Twas glorious.

I've been randomly slaughtered by Abyssteels when flipping to change the gates in the Henne mines, but one guy always managed to make the run out to revive, rebuff then go back in and murder. It's funny mostly because you're sitting there thinking "Yeah, this is no problem, I'm handling this" then suddenly characters start dropping like flies.

A near-death experience in the Sandsea also led me to hunt down the Salamand Entite as soon as I felt I was strong enough to kill it.