PDA

View Full Version : Amano

Roto13
11-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Have you seen any of Yoshitaka <!--hi folks who are wishing to learn the tricks of the trade. 'sup? - Psychotic-->Amano's artwork besides that from Final Fantasy? What do you think of it? And what do you think about his Final Fantasy artwork? I'm a big fan, myself. He has such an interesting style.

EDIT: XD title

Zeromus_X
11-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Oh yay another Amano thread! :cat: :)

I really do like his artwork, and I like most of his newer artwork (since 2000) better than his older, sketchier artworks (which seem to recieve the most negative criticism regarding his style), but I do enjoy those too. I've taken a look at many of his non-Final Fantasy and gaming artworks, and I definitely enjoy those as well. One day I wish I could go to an actual exhibition of his artwork.

I really adore his style, and find it fascinating. He's really influenced by style as well. I just love all the wild things he can dress his characters up in. He's really good at drawing people, as well.

The only 'artbooks' (if they can be considered such) that I have of him are the Nintendo Power Final Fantasy III Strategy Guide and the Sandman: The Dream Hunters by Neil Gaiman, which he did the artwork of. Both of them are fantastic, and I love flipping through them from time to time.

Well, enough rambling. If you want to see Amano artwork, this is a great website art gallery I always try to solicit when this topic arises: http://yoshi taka-amano.kouryu.info/

You'll need to backspace there, as I don't know how to bypass the swear filter.

Wolf Kanno
11-13-2006, 03:16 AM
I love Amano and appreciate his "ethereal" look. His artwork always seems like something out of a dream. I have a few of his art for Vampire Hunter D but I really liked his "Hero" project. He also did a wonderful book called "Faries" which is quite amusing for those of you who have an interest in such things.

I love his work on FF of course, which is how I got introduced in the first place. I only own one of the FFVI art books though, I'm hoping to collect a few more when I get the time and money.

Roto13
11-13-2006, 05:49 AM
Has anyone seen Angel's Egg? It was... weird, but it was very pretty.

41-Inches-Wide
11-13-2006, 06:05 AM
I fancy myself as an Amano fan.
I love his works both in Final Fantasy and in the Sandman Dream Hunters. I wish I had the AMANO: Complete, but it's so expensive, $25 on Amazon... :(

Rocket Edge
11-13-2006, 07:06 PM
I love Amano's style & creativity.

Fire_Emblem776
11-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Oh yay another Amano thread! :cat: :)

I really do like his artwork, and I like most of his newer artwork (since 2000) better than his older, sketchier artworks (which seem to recieve the most negative criticism regarding his style), but I do enjoy those too. I've taken a look at many of his non-Final Fantasy and gaming artworks, and I definitely enjoy those as well. One day I wish I could go to an actual exhibition of his artwork.

I really adore his style, and find it fascinating. He's really influenced by style as well. I just love all the wild things he can dress his characters up in. He's really good at drawing people, as well.

The only 'artbooks' (if they can be considered such) that I have of him are the Nintendo Power Final Fantasy III Strategy Guide and the Sandman: The Dream Hunters by Neil Gaiman, which he did the artwork of. Both of them are fantastic, and I love flipping through them from time to time.

Well, enough rambling. If you want to see Amano artwork, this is a great website art gallery I always try to solicit when this topic arises: http://yoshi taka-amano.kouryu.info/

You'll need to backspace there, as I don't know how to bypass the swear filter.

I got that book too. And the game manuels count too:love:

Nominus Experse
11-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I love it.

I particularily enjoy how he is able to blend surrealism, fantasy, traditional Japanese woodblock, and watercolours into one great artistic style that is most definately unique.

I simply adore his method of eyes.