PDA

View Full Version : Flowers

Sylvie
11-12-2006, 08:07 PM
So, do you swear too much?

Roto13
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM
I usually keep it too a minimum. Doing it too much is a sign of stupidity.

LunarWeaver
11-12-2006, 08:10 PM

Our conversations on MSN must not go too well for you then :bigsmile:

I swear in absurd abundance sometimes, and even though I try and cut it down...the words just spill out. I can't help it, fuck fits anywhere in any sentence :(

Shlup
11-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I don't swear often at all. Well, not the bad words anyway.

theundeadhero
11-12-2006, 08:11 PM
It's more prevelant at work.

Zeromus_X
11-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Only when I'm angry.

Leeza
11-12-2006, 08:16 PM
No, I do not. :cat:

The Devil Man
11-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Only when your Good Friend Devil Man is in bed with a Beautiful Goddess ;)

When he is making MAD PASSIONATE LOVE to a Beautiful Goddess he says very naughty words because some chicks LOVE being talked dirty to in bed ;)

Other then that...

Nah. :tongue:

Madame Adequate
11-12-2006, 08:30 PM

Yeah... that makes sense.

Owen Macwere
11-12-2006, 08:30 PM
No, I don't.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Yes, I do.

Polaris
11-12-2006, 08:33 PM
No, not much just the healthy! :D

Mirage
11-12-2006, 08:37 PM
No, this site is just too sensitive.

Spiffing Cheese
11-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Uh. Yes. xD

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-12-2006, 08:41 PM
On EoFF, no. In person, yeah. I swear a lot. I am the type of person who for some reason when people hear me swear, they are like "OMG, BOBBY SWORE!" The sad fact is, I swear often, more so when I am mad.

Leen-Leen
11-12-2006, 08:46 PM
I almost never do. Only when I'm really, really, really, really annoyed, or mad.

Venom
11-12-2006, 08:47 PM
I used to, I dont swear too much these days anymore.

rubah
11-12-2006, 08:48 PM
I don't like bunches of cussing.

Cruise Control
11-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Bitch is the greatest word ever.

yumi
11-12-2006, 08:55 PM
I tend to go for the milder swear words. You can tell how angry/in pain/annoyed I am by the amount of colourful language I use. The only time I don't swear at all is in front or my mum. Even when I blasphem she hits me over the head and makes me do the Hail Mary

Breine
11-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I swear like a sailor... Sometimes I really need to wash my mouth with soap, but I guess that's just how us Danes usually talk.

Anaisa
11-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I never swear really unless I'm impersonating someone who does, or using it for some humour purpose. But I never really feel the need to swear other than that.

Cruise Control
11-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Of course not, you're perfect.

Old Manus
11-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Whenever I try to swear in real life I always accidentally say img src="/xxx.gif"> :(

Martyr
11-12-2006, 09:44 PM
I rarely swear.

But I will do it if I have to, like if I'm playing the part of a character who swears.

Sometimes I try to use a swear word to emphasize a point, but swear words don't really work that way anymore. They're pretty useless in the modern world except as a tool to lessen the worth of oneself, and so I try not to use them at all.

Rocket Edge
11-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I swear more than i should unfortunately, but i don't mean too.

Vikeve
11-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Uh. Yes. xD

fantasyjunkie
11-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Last night when I got out of the shower I actually said "It's Smurfing cold". Thats right ladies and gentlemen, I actually said the word "Smurfing" I have spent too much time on this addictive forum :mad:

Zeromus_X
11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Mitch
11-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Quite a bit, yeah.

But not around my grandmother!

ama124
11-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Yes, i curse. I have a potty mouth :bigsmile:

but not in front of my family or anything :)

Ryth
11-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Yes and no. Sometimes I curse a lot, sometimes I don't curse at all.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Sometimes.

The one that really signifies a great amount of anger for me is:

"Jesus H. Christ on a fucking pogo stick!

I have no idea how I thought that up.

Pete for President
11-13-2006, 12:06 AM

Definately!

Christmas
11-13-2006, 12:10 AM
This will be kikimm's favorite thread. :bigsmile:

Samuraid
11-13-2006, 01:41 AM
I occasionally say things that are mildly questionable, but I don't swear.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-13-2006, 01:45 AM
I only use them when I feel it is necessary to provide my sentences with the required emphasis. I find there are much better, and easy, ways of pissing people off then swearing at them.

Rusty
11-13-2006, 01:45 AM
I occasionally say things that are mildly questionable, but I don't swear.

kikimm
11-13-2006, 01:49 AM
I swear a lot on EoFF. Sometimes I'll notice it or the fact will just hit me and I'm like jesus christ maybe this needs to stop. But eh. I don't swear as much offline, though, cause I hang around people who are all offended by it. And I can respect that. But at home I swear a lot too.

So I guess it's mostly a lot of swearing. It doesn't help that I get annoyed easily.

Cruise Control
11-13-2006, 01:51 AM
If it's not offensive to someone, its not worth saying. :)

Yamaneko
11-13-2006, 01:51 AM
I swear quite a bit in certain environments.

NINJA_Ryu
11-13-2006, 02:08 AM
I never swear really unless I'm impersonating someone who does, or using it for some humour purpose. But I never really feel the need to swear other than that.

nik0tine
11-13-2006, 02:24 AM
Yes I fucking do.

Giga Guess
11-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Fuck no. Why would I do /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif like that?

NorthernChaosGod
11-13-2006, 02:42 AM
Yeah, I do. Nothing wrong with it.

And the ability to speak does not make one intelligent, so why should an individual that chooses to swear be seen as stupid?

Ouch!
11-13-2006, 02:42 AM
Depends on the company, really. When I'm with my friends, I tend to use profanity rather freely. When I'm in the presence of my mother (and, to an extent, my old man), teachers, other authority figures, and people who I'm not well aquainted with, I don't use any colorful language.

I use hell and damn regularly, but I don't really know anyone, other than my grandmother, who is really offended by those words. I wouldn't say I make excessive use of profanity in any environment, though.

Besides, profane language is so incredibly versatile. I believe it was Bill Bryson who said that the f-word is the most versatile word in the English language. He has a book about the English language in which he details many of the different meanings of the word. He also traces the history of the word /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

Sylvie
11-13-2006, 02:43 AM
smurf no. Why would I do http://forums.eyesonff.com/xxx.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/xxx.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/xxx.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/xxx.gif like that?
Because all the fucking cool fuckers do it, dammit. And all them bitches and assholes like to fucking /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif all over the fucking swear words.

oddler
11-13-2006, 02:44 AM
I swear quite a bit in certain environments.

Spammerman
11-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Not much at all, I use ass and the \
]]]]]]]bad version of fish poop but never mean, only to joke around

Reles
11-13-2006, 03:16 AM
Mostly if I'm upset with someone, I'll swear just to let them know how angry I really am.

Miriel
11-13-2006, 04:29 AM
I swear more than I should. :(

Agent Proto
11-13-2006, 04:35 AM
I swear, but only when it's necessary, or something. Otherwise, I keep it to a minimum.

Martyr
11-13-2006, 04:44 AM

And the ability to speak does not make one intelligent, so why should an individual that chooses to swear be seen as stupid?

You start to sound poorly educated and, frankly, stupid, if you can't articulate your sentences without swearing. It's a real problem these days. people simply can't think of the words they want to use, so they insert a swear word to cover for whatever they're missing, and the swear word works.

So swearing makes you sound unintelligent, slow, and like you've got a bad vocabulary. Which is why you get a lot of minorities who swear a whole ton, and it's why you get a whole lot of teenagers and blue collar workers who swear a ton. It's because they really aren't that smart or educated or classy at all.

And don't go saying, "But I do have a smurfing big vocabulary! I'm a smurfing English student in smurfing college."
If you say that, then it's simply the case of the poor man who died of starvation, sitting in his little shack on a moldy bed under which he had 50 million dollars. The money is useless if you don't use it.

Dammit, I'm treating this like EOEO

Mitch
11-13-2006, 04:45 AM
replace 'swear' with 'sweat' for many fun times

Resha
11-13-2006, 07:41 AM
I think so, yeah. Especially recently. Maybe I'm just more irritable than usual. It irritates my friends, who're too good for a bad, foul-mouthed person like me ;( But I consider it as myself giving them valuable life lessons in the art of swearing.

LunarWeaver
11-13-2006, 08:02 AM
So swearing makes you sound unintelligent, slow, and like you've got a bad vocabulary. Which is why you get a lot of minorities who swear a whole ton, and it's why you get a whole lot of teenagers and blue collar workers who swear a ton. It's because they really aren't that smart or educated or classy at all.

Whaaa hahahahaha. What does this imply exactly... :O_O:

You, good sir, flabbergast me.

Er, wait, I'm a minority. I meant: Yo, that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif is smurfed up.

~*~Celes~*~
11-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Whenever I try to swear in real life I always accidentally say img src="/xxx.gif"> :(

*nods* I share your pain, Manus. :(

Peegee
11-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I don't usually swear so when I do it's such a big deal. Possibly because I pick the absolute worst time to swear.

*shrug*

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-13-2006, 12:18 PM
I try not to and I usually don't

blackmage_nuke
11-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Alot, but only around people who dont give a flower

Iceglow
11-13-2006, 12:22 PM
yes I swear too much. I swear way too much to be very honest.

Ashi
11-14-2006, 12:57 PM
I clicked this completely expecting to start rambling on and on about flowers.

But no, I do not swear.

Giga Guess
11-14-2006, 01:24 PM
It wasn't "flowers" before, trust me. It likely got changed because it was the image code for the 4 skulls censorship code(:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:) which obviously looked like hell.

Loony BoB
11-14-2006, 01:33 PM
My girlfriend certainly seems to think so. And Dan says I "swear like a sailor". So long as I'm around people I'm comfortable with, I'll probably swear every now and then, unless I'm in a professional environment. I can switch on and off with my swearing like a lightbulb.

Riana
11-14-2006, 01:47 PM
A little. Only when I'm vexed.

Jowy
11-14-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't swear much, but it seems like whenever I do, I get reprimanded instantly for it.

sup roogle. 8-)

Zidane Ultimate
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I try not to swear at all, I don't like it.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-14-2006, 04:30 PM
i swear too much, yes, my cousin shall agree with you, very much so

Quindiana Jones
11-14-2006, 04:32 PM
I want to post a post that has lots of swearwords in it, stressing that I don't swear, but I reckon I'll get banned or summat.

So....I swear moderately. Sometimes it isn't needed but...whatever. Bite me.

Misfit
11-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I do swear quite often at times, I can't help it. I get all excited sometimes and it just happens...

Cruise Control
11-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Genji said: "You swear like a mother when your drunk."

escobert
11-14-2006, 04:54 PM
I hate it when people say "people who swear sound dumb! you swear so you must be dumb!" wtf I swear ALOT it means nothing as to how smart you are or even your friggen vocabulary! I swear because I grew up with swearing. I've always heard it and everyone swears around me and always has. It's just ingrained in me. I can go forever without swearing (well probably not, I'd get pissed playing a game and start swearing :D) but still, I can go for a while. It's not hard to just not swear. It's just easier to swear :p

XxSephirothxX
11-14-2006, 05:19 PM
I think I swear a personally acceptable amount. But I'm in college, so y'know. :p

Chloe.
11-14-2006, 05:23 PM
I swear too much for my age :bigsmile:

Fatal Impurity
11-14-2006, 05:42 PM
i dont swear too much.......

why the F**K is this topic called "flowers" when its about F***ING swearing? :D

Jess
11-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I don't swear too much, but I do swear. They're just words! :jess:

Yamaneko
11-14-2006, 06:05 PM
I think I swear a personally acceptable amount. But I'm in college, so y'know. :p
I've heard you swear!

Martyr
11-14-2006, 06:05 PM

Whaaa hahahahaha. What does this imply exactly... :O_O:

You, good sir, flabbergast me.

Er, wait, I'm a minority. I meant: Yo, that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif is smurfed up.

Oh, whoops. My mistake- By minority I was implying somebody from another country who wouldn't know english very well. I find that a lot of them may swear because they don't think in english, and the swearwords can cover the bases when they forget a word.

If you're an english speaking minority and you swear a lot, then it simply means that you have no excuse for not being able to recall words, unless you're drunk.

NorthernChaosGod
11-15-2006, 06:04 AM

You start to sound poorly educated and, frankly, stupid, if you can't articulate your sentences without swearing. It's a real problem these days. people simply can't think of the words they want to use, so they insert a swear word to cover for whatever they're missing, and the swear word works.

And don't go saying, "But I do have a smurfing big vocabulary! I'm a smurfing English student in smurfing college."
If you say that, then it's simply the case of the poor man who died of starvation, sitting in his little shack on a moldy bed under which he had 50 million dollars. The money is useless if you don't use it.

Dammit, I'm treating this like EOEO

You are taking this a bit serious, aren't you? :p

And no, I'm not an English student (I hate writing), but I do have a decent sized vocabulary. But I've never actually heard someone use a swear as the replacement for another word, only for emphasis.

Loony BoB
11-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Swearing doesn't mean you swear every other sentence. Swearing does not make you stupid in any way at all. It just means you aren't offended by the word. Using swear words in places where they aren't needed or don't make sense could be seen as stupid, as could using swear words in front of people who let you know they dislike them. But simply using them does not make you stupid.

XxSephirothxX
11-15-2006, 01:51 PM
I've heard you swear!
Yeah, I probably swear more on Xbox Live than I do normally. Like, every time I get killed. :p

And I agree with BoB. I don't view swear words as offensive, so it doesn't bother me to say them. Sometimes swearing too much can make you appear stupid, or as if you can't think of a better way to express yourself than to just say /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif or fuck or whatever, but it can also be used for humor, and sometimes outlandish combinations of swear words can be quite entertaining.

Iceglow
11-15-2006, 01:51 PM
agreed BoB I swear quite a lot even at work but never to customers and unless I drop something and it breaks (I work with fragile stock every day so it happens occasionally) I might utter a four letter obscenity quietly I try and keep my language under-wraps on the shop floor too. I might swear occasionally if there really isn't a word I feel will appropriately convey my response to the person I am talking to but not often and I always apologise for the use of the obscenity. I am not offended by any swear word including the old four letter C--- word. In the warehouse at work or the canteen I swear like nothing on the plannet but then so does my manager, last night we stood there swearing at each other for the sheer hell of it, god knows what we were originally saying I think it was bye! it was just funny to relax after being stuck on shopfloor all day unable to speak normally.

bipper
11-15-2006, 02:46 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1981840&postcount=12

/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif no! I am a motherfucking saint.

Fatal Impurity
11-15-2006, 03:39 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1981840&postcount=12

/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif no! I am a mothersmurfing saint.

oh i bet you are! :angel: :rolleyes2