PDA

View Full Version : I don't see a forum for

Martyr
11-12-2006, 09:46 PM
MYSTIC QUEST!

Why not? Was it not a FF game of proportions that can hardly be measured with mere geometry?

Zeromus_X
11-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Mystic Quest isn't generally taken very seriously.

But if there's anything regarding the game that can actually be considered serious discussion, I guess that's what General Square-Enix is for. :cat:

Martyr
11-12-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't really remember the game very well, except that I recall it was kind of fun.
I think I remember chopping down trees with an axe and having a lot of main chars die.

So I don't really know what to discuss. But, uh, yeah. I'm glad to see that somebody here will acknowledge it's existence.

feioncastor
11-12-2006, 09:58 PM
A forum for Mystic Quest wouldn't see a whole heck of a lot of business, I'd imagine. I liked it and I'd frequent a forum for it, but it's apparent that even people who consider themselves modern FF fans probably have not played MQ, and I'm sure that many probably haven't heard of it.

But please start a FFMQ topic somewhere so I can post stuff in it. I could start it myself, but I don't wanna. :)

Zeromus_X
11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
I did like the soundtrack and dungeon design, I guess. But it could get tedious, fast. Still, it was an enjoyable game, no matter how silly.

Mirage
11-13-2006, 06:19 AM
MYSTIC QUEST!

Why not? Was it not a FF game of proportions that can hardly be measured with mere geometry?

No , it isn't. You make kittens sad.

Martyr
11-13-2006, 06:38 AM
MYSTIC QUEST!

No , it isn't. You make kittens sad.

Okay. Okay. You wanna fight about this.

C'mon Math Mirage. Give me some proportions. I'll even let you borrow my protractor.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-13-2006, 07:57 AM
I could have sworn you've been here long enough to know this has been gone over time and time again. We have no Mystic Quest forum because it'd likely receive no posts outside of the first month or so, when the novelty wears off.

Firo Volondé
11-13-2006, 08:15 AM
I remember playing that game once. I thought it was a meant to be a parody of FF games.:D

Martyr
11-13-2006, 08:22 AM
I could have sworn you've been here long enough to know this has been gone over time and time again. We have no Mystic Quest forum because it'd likely receive no posts outside of the first month or so, when the novelty wears off.

Don't swear too much.

I don't remember anything from my past life here. For now, I'm a noob as far my current level of experience at this place goes.

But I'll accept that your reply is an experienced one. So I'll leave Mystic Quest to it's individual discussion topics in General FF, assuming any ever arise.

rubah
11-14-2006, 03:39 AM
I thought we had decided that some other forum should receive MQ posts. I dont' remember if it was this one, ff5, or video game music.

Croyles
11-23-2006, 05:52 PM
I remember liking Mystic Quest when I was like 10, but would probably dislike it now. At the time I also didnt know what Final Fantasy was at all.

NeoCracker
11-27-2006, 09:45 AM
It was enjoyable, but mediocre. Worth the play.

I say we put all FFMQ topics with FF 1. as neither get very many posts combined they may be a noticable difference in the FF one forum, though Probably not.

I just wish you didn't have to use that Bow Chick in the end. I'd much rather have used Ruben and his ball and chain thing, I think thats what it was. Anyway, him or the Ninja. They rocked. Bow Chick suciked.

Go Ruben!

Now you want an untalked a bout game, look at Paladins quest. There's an untalked about game. Though most people hated it, but since that is irrelevent to this discussion.

Christmas
11-28-2006, 04:44 AM
Guess who suffer the same fate too? (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60). :(

feioncastor
11-28-2006, 04:58 AM
An FFMQ board would never work out.

Everyone knows that FFMQ really deserves it's own entire forum, with various boards to discuss each aspect of the game.

Jigsaw
11-28-2006, 11:44 PM
What is Mystic Quest? I've never heard of it.

RiseToFall
11-29-2006, 03:00 AM
What is Mystic Quest? I've never heard of it.

Because I'm too lazy. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Mystic_Quest)

ljkkjlcm9
11-29-2006, 03:46 AM
The best part of the game is the WTF look... that's one of the avatars I change to on this site actually

I thought it was a fun game, and they should make a harder game similar to it, seriously

THE JACKEL

edczxcvbnm
12-04-2006, 06:09 PM
This game is so bad ass that I got to level 99!

ljkkjlcm9
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
It definitely doesn't have 99 levels, only 42? I think

THE JACKEL

edczxcvbnm
12-04-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't know but I did max out the game clock just for the hell of it. I can remember if it stops at 99:99:99 or not. I just left it on over night a few times XD

In reality I was going to try to get to level 99 but got bored as /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif real fast.

EDIT: Thats right. This game clock sucks. It just loops back to nothing also you can max out levels.

http://www.gamespot.com/snes/rpg/finalfantasymysticquest/show_msgs.html?topic_id=m-1-16114587

Someone is a fucking hero to me!

Peter_20
12-18-2006, 11:35 AM
I loved the boss music in this game, it's right up there with the boss themes from FF6 and FF7.
Damn, it rocked. :D

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/ffmqboss.mid

SetoChaos
12-19-2006, 09:36 AM
I like Mystic Quest. Though I havn't played it much. I live in the UK and I didn't know it was out until I realised it wasn't under the name Final Fantasy. It was just called Mystic Quest. I ended up picking it up off of Ebay a few months ago.

boys from the dwarf
12-21-2006, 01:07 PM
i've never played it and i may never play it but i've always liked the boss tune.

it seems very unfair to compare it to the other FFs but it seems like a more or less worthwhile and fun game.

also the final boss tune is a good one. i like the music.