PDA

View Full Version : Wii: I Got To See It, But Not Touch

RiseToFall
11-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Yes I finally saw what the Wii actually looks like. I walked into E.B. games and saw all these people huddled over something. I got closer and finally realized why all the people gathered, the Wii was being played.

I just couldn't wait to get my hands on the controller and finally try it out. Something I've been wanting to do since the controller was first unveiled. The only downside was that Excite Truck was the only game available to play and one that I really had no interest in buying. Even with that being said I still waited.

Then I realised that only one person was playing the game and he definitely wasn't sharing. After he was finished, he handed the controller over to the E.B. employee while at the same time the guy working handed him something back as well.

Not knowing or caring what it was that he handed back, I ran over to the clerk to get my hands on the controller. My excitement soon faded when these words came out of the clerks mouth " You need a valid credit card and an I.D. in order to play the system." Now being a full-time student and since I'm currently umemployed, I didn't have a credit card. So I told him I would give him my wallet with my license and $30 inside if he would just let me play the damn system.

I thought he would give it to me for sure but instead he said pretty much the same thing as before except now with a dickhead type attitude. "credit card and I.D. only" Oh I forgot to mention why this was the case. See the Wii remote is wireless so I'm guessing they were afraid of it getting stolen. But the stupidest thing is that the system was set up at no more than 3 ft from the register. With two people working, it shouldn't be really hard to pay attention to the system, especially since their job pretty much requires them to just stand around looking like idiots 90% of the time anyway.

The sad thing was that their were alot of kids in the store who all wanted to play the system. How is a 15 or 16 year old kid supposed to try this thing out without dragging their parents to the mall with them? I thought it was an extremely stupid idea that would just tease many people who entered the store.

Anyway any one else see the system yet? Two things I just want to note.
1. It's damn sexy.
2. It's much smaller than I originally thought it would be.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-12-2006, 11:54 PM
I saw one in a Best Buy today. But it was just sitting by itself in a display case while a screen above played a promotional video, since, if I recall correctly, GameStop has some kind of exclusivity deal for actual store demos.

The console itself is actually larger than I thought it was. Instead, it was the small size of the controller that surprised me. Even though I've seen plenty of photographs and videos of people holding it, actually seeing it right in front of me was a revelation.

Shoeberto
11-12-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm really tempted to avoid game stores until I can buy one for myself. Y'know, keep it kinda shrouded until it's all mine.

I'm weird like that.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-13-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm going to get a glimpse of one sooner or later, by Christmas at the latest (hopefully).

Madame Adequate
11-14-2006, 12:32 AM
I have no doubt that the thing will become completely unavoidable in very short order.

And lulz @ paranoid E.B.

Markus. D
11-14-2006, 05:42 AM
I wa suprised how tiny it is when I laid my eyes on it x_x"

TINY! :3

RiseToFall
11-14-2006, 06:28 AM
I wa suprised how tiny it is when I laid my eyes on it x_x"

TINY! :3

That's exactly what I thought.

KentaRawr!
11-14-2006, 11:36 PM
It's a shame you did not get to play it. :( Guess you'll have to wait a tad.

I wish I would have gotten to see it in person. :mad2: