PDA

View Full Version : american version walkthrough

the_sandman
11-13-2006, 02:08 AM
is there an american version walkthrough available anywhere online?
i'm not buying a damn 15 dollar book when its available online. picture walkthrough are for FF noobs anyways.

Zeromus_X
11-13-2006, 02:10 AM
Some people like having a reference book handy if they get stuck or need to look up something. That doesn't make them a 'noob'.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/459841.html

Goldenboko
11-13-2006, 02:12 AM
picture walkthrough are for FF noobs anyways.

No, I buy a walkthrough's because they are far easier to understand then txt documents. Also I trust the source more... and who doesn't love stareing at Zeromus, The Condemner.

the_sandman
11-13-2006, 02:17 AM
thx for the link

and having a 20 dollar, not 15, 20 dollar picture guide book for people who get stuck or need to look up something is pretty noobish. words should be enough. i'd buy another game with a 20

Zeromus_X
11-13-2006, 02:22 AM
It isn't just about pictures that are helping you. >_> Some people buy the guides for different reasons. Whether it be the artwork, the reference, any help if they get stuck, clearly organized, without having to wade through a text file. It isn't 'noobish' at all.

Slothy
11-13-2006, 02:26 AM
It isn't just about pictures that are helping you. >_> Some people buy the guides for different reasons. Whether it be the artwork, the reference, any help if they get stuck, clearly organized, without having to wade through a text file. It isn't 'noobish' at all.

Precisely. I prefer to not use them period until after the first playthrough anyway so I have the satisfaction of doing it myself, but still have a handy reference for completion sake on subsequent playthroughs. I also would rather not have to walk from my basement to the top floor of my house just to spend 10 minutes finding a decently written faq and locating the specific part I need. Having the book is much more convenient for a game like this. Not to mention pretty darn purddy too.

the_sandman
11-13-2006, 02:30 AM
Whether it be the artwork, the reference, any help if they get stuck, clearly organized, without having to wade through a text file.

you just prooved my point...plus theres sites like www.final-fantasy-12.com that is organized like crazy...theres sections for espers...or items..weapons..sidequests..even rumors. if you ask me...clicking is a lot easier and faster than turning pages.

Precisely. I prefer to not use them period until after the first playthrough anyway so I have the satisfaction of doing it myself, but still have a handy reference for completion sake on subsequent playthroughs. I also would rather not have to walk from my basement to the top floor of my house just to spend 10 minutes finding a decently written faq and locating the specific part I need. Having the book is much more convenient for a game like this. Not to mention pretty darn purddy too.

man i love printers. greatest things ever. esp because theyre in librarys and schools. and all you need is a couple nickels and some patience.

Don't double post; use the Edit button to add information to a previous post. ~ Zeromus

Zeromus_X
11-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Do you have any idea how long it takes to print out an entire ~100+ page text walkthrough? It takes awhile to print whole sections, yet. This idea obviously isn't getting through to you, so I'm just not going to keep trying. Maybe if someone else can explain it clearer than I can, they can give it a shot, but this isn't tough to understand.

the_sandman
11-13-2006, 02:56 AM
Do you have any idea how long it takes to print out an entire ~100+ page text walkthrough? It takes awhile to print whole sections, yet. This idea obviously isn't getting through to you, so I'm just not going to keep trying. Maybe if someone else can explain it clearer than I can, they can give it a shot, but this isn't tough to understand.

i didnt say anything about printing the strategy guide with pictures that take up like a whole page. just the walkthrough. final fantasy VII and VIII, which are longer games than these ps2 games only took about like..13 pages. yes the walkthrough even had the sidequests. im sorry. it might lack couple pages about "rumors" or something. but it will help a player just as much as a picture book. esp a final fantasy player such as yourself.

Timerk
11-13-2006, 03:11 AM
My, how l337.

I like looking at the pretty pictures in my book...they are pretty :love:.

Sides, I get lost fairly easily in FF games (even with a map), so it is nice to be able to get myself unlost.

MontBlanc
11-13-2006, 06:28 AM
picture walkthrough are for FF noobs anyways.

It's funny how you say picture walkthroughs are for noobs and yet you still need a walkthrough to get through the game.

Roto13
11-13-2006, 06:46 AM
I really don't understand you people who think it's difficult to find something in a text file! Have you heard of ctrl+f? Press it. Go on, press it now. See what happens? That's even easier than flipping through a book.

Slothy
11-13-2006, 06:03 PM
I really don't understand you people who think it's difficult to find something in a text file! Have you heard of ctrl+f? Press it. Go on, press it now. See what happens? That's even easier than flipping through a book.

Not saying it isn't, but I've seen so many poorly written walkthroughs that finding one with a decent explanation of what I'm looking for isn't always as quick as you'd think it should be. Many walkthroughs I see offer incomplete or just plain poorly explained info. It's what you get when you have fans with no literary ability trying to piece together something coherent in their spare time. Not to say there aren't people who write good faqs out there, but most don't. Simple as that.

Roto13
11-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Most ones I've used have been fine. That's probably because I only use he high rated ones.

Fate Fatale
11-14-2006, 01:12 AM
I enjoy the picture guides. Mainly becuase they are generally well written, make it easy to see where I'm supposed to be going (instead of 'verbal' direction), and I get lots of neat stuff to attempt to draw.

Millia Billia
11-14-2006, 01:38 AM
:cat: :love:

GEE, THANKS FOR THE SPOILER. :(

Zeromus_X
11-14-2006, 02:58 AM
How is that a spoiler? :confused:

Well, anyway, I apologize if it really ruined anything for you. :cat: :(

Timerk
11-14-2006, 01:43 PM
In the text on the page, there is a spoiler about a certain event in the game, the attack on Mt. Bur-Omisace, which I would never have noticed if it wasn't pointed out.

Cruise Control
11-14-2006, 01:52 PM
I like to colect them. I need a guide for 2 though. T_T

Zeromus_X
11-14-2006, 01:52 PM
I can hardly read the text. :(

Well, I'm sorry. :( I'll have to find a new picture of Zeromus then.

James16
11-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I personally like the picture guides because ive tried to use an online text one and alot of times when they say you need to go here or get this item their not real clear an you wind up walkin areound for 2 hours trien to find this damn thing that was in you r face the whole time, where as in a pic. guide they have a picture of what youre lookin for an it makes it alot of easier, But in my opinion you should try to beat the game on ur own an only use a guide when you absolulty cant find what youre trien to do an its conflicting whit the game's fun factor! An i can tell you a lillsumtin i used picture guides before i aint no damn noob. So *neah*:irked:

Leonffs
11-14-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm pretty sure almost anyone who doesn't use the Strategy Guide or a very good walkthrough faq will accidently pop one of the certain chests that erase the Zodiac spear chest in Nabudis.