PDA

View Full Version : Espers useless?

MontBlanc
11-13-2006, 06:23 AM
I was just wondering if anyone uses their Espers often or at all. I really like their animations and how their all unique but I never find myself useing them. I have about 4 now and have tried them a few times when I was about to die hopeing they would save me...but they seem to die very quickly against bosses. Does anyone else feel this way too?

Raistlin
11-13-2006, 06:31 AM
It depends on the esper and whatever you're fighting, since a lot of espers have a certain element. I imagine Belias would do some damage to a creature weak against fire, even much later in the game.

Belias becomes useless very fast. But I imagine some of the optional espers are much more powerul. Also, the espers leave the MP of other party members alone, and so you can follow up an esper with plenty of quickening chains.

EDIT: I will note that I don't use them much. Summoning them is fun, though.

Ichimonji
11-13-2006, 06:32 AM
So far I've used them all once just to see what they looked like, and what their special attack was. I like fighting and collecting them though.

Roto13
11-13-2006, 06:39 AM
They're a lot more useful for regular battles than bosses.

Necronopticous
11-13-2006, 09:32 AM
They're cool, but completely unnecessary in practical play. I can't say I ever use them.

jeo2388
11-13-2006, 09:40 AM
u want to know why you found them useless?its bcos you only have the main espers like belias..try getting chaos or zodiark then tell us what you think..

James16
11-13-2006, 03:39 PM
i use them when im out in a level an i get ganged up on by a lot of strong dudes an i dont want to waste everyones quikenings. Ive used Belias on 1 boss...(trien to rember which one) Oh ya i used him when ur on the ship after you get Belias on that ship when ur fighting the judge. Belias helpd me kill the soliders that attack you an piss you off an then Belias's hell fire took a good chunk out of the judge's health for me. I think the espers are very helpfull....so far at least..... but level 2 quikenings replace the espers help. I tell you i fought the weird lookin bird with a claw thing in the Stillshire of Mariam an used a 5 hit-level 2 quikenigs an it got follwed up by the tourent finshin thing an that boos was dead. It didnt even get 1 hit off,needless to say i was wide eyed an my mouth was hangin open. I luvs tha quikenings!

jeo2388
11-13-2006, 03:50 PM
5-hit lv 2 killed the avion?whew ya must be overleveld?

James16
11-13-2006, 03:54 PM
before i got to the stillshire i walked around the nem-yensa sands for 3 days jus walkin around a killin those little weird dudes. An i got a habbit of walkin around a level 5 times killin everything an then i have to buy the most up to date stuff. Darn O.C.D!! *shakes fist*

charliebrown87
11-14-2006, 06:34 AM
tell me about it they are pretty useless, but definitely like collecting them... now i think about it i never really did use the summons very often in any final fantasy, but i do love to collect them

LunarWeaver
11-14-2006, 06:40 AM
I only use them to hear the song.

Zeromus_X
11-14-2006, 01:55 PM
I only use them to hear the song.

Crossblades
11-14-2006, 01:56 PM
I only have Belias for the moment. I used him once and it was against Vossler.

Always remember to mark potential spoilers! Thanks! :) :cat: ~ Zeromus.

Dell
11-15-2006, 01:56 PM
5-hit lv 2 killed the avion?whew ya must be overleveld?

James16 meant the Vinuskar. He only had 16048 HP (Approximately). And is very weak unless if you have heavy equipments.

James16
11-15-2006, 03:39 PM
I honeslty think i jus had good luck at that time when i was fighting him for me to beat him as easily as i did.