PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

~*~Celes~*~
11-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Anyone here experience insomnia? :roll: I am right now. I have to get up at 6:45 am for school and here it is, 3:24 am, and I'm not tired one bit. There was another time, summer vacation two years ago, when I was sick and had a HUGE case of insomnia...I ended up staying up for 32 hours I think it was.

What cases of insomnia have you experienced?

Breine
11-13-2006, 08:46 AM
I've never experienced insomnia in such a way that you have, but I've had some quite bad cases nonetheless. I remember just lying in my bed for hours on end, not being able to fall asleep. There's nothing more frustrating!

I heard somewhere that insomnia is caused by stress, and also the fear of losing sleep.. So, you actually jinx yourself.

~*~Celes~*~
11-13-2006, 09:01 AM
o.o really? I'm not stressed though...I am a bit afraid of losing sleep beause I have a bit of a cold 'n my nose is all stuffed up, but that's it...well it's off to bed with me...4 am, so I need to at least attempt to sleep...I'll probably just end up asking to stay home from school 'cause I'll be dog tired 'n probably won't even get up in time :p

Martyr
11-13-2006, 09:01 AM
I don't have insomnia. I just don't have a lot of time for sleep. So I'm always awake, typing here, typing there, writing this or dreaming up that. I get my sleep at 2-3 hour intervals.

RiseToFall
11-13-2006, 09:05 AM
All the time. It's much worse if I'm not sleeping at home.

The Devil Man
11-13-2006, 09:08 AM
As you all know, your Good Friend Devil Man is an ABSOLUTE STUD!:eek:

And he experiences insomnia when he is in bed with a Beautiful Goddess who wants to make mad PASSIONATE love to him all night long, for a Night with Devil Man is a truly Heavenly Night with must be Cherished For the Rest of Eternity :hyper:

Ergo...

The Beautiful Goddess :drool: enjoys every single PRECIOUS minute of her time with Devil Man, for Devil Man is a TRULY AMAZING MAN :exdee:

Which means Devil Man gets no sleep at all :(

Thus...

Insomnia! :eek:

But when Devil Man is in bed alone, he sleeps soundly and peacefully :sleepy:

yumi
11-13-2006, 10:55 AM
I get insominia every time I'm on an early shift, especially if I have just finished a late shift. I just think my body like to torture me. :cry:

Peegee
11-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Technically as a medical condition insomnia has to be a significant period of time. Though there is such thing as transient insomnia...

Anyway, I have rarely had insomnia. There are nights where I have been stressed out, but the next morning I am exhausted so I tend to get sleep that day / night.

I remember the character Joel from our board. He tends to get chronic insomnia.

Try working out incessantly, doing exhausting activities (whatever they may be), and relaxing activities like hot baths. Don't do anything around your room that isn't sleep related, so you keep the association that bedroom = sleep room.

Anything else is probably largely psychological and I have no justification making suggestions about that.

Fatal Impurity
11-13-2006, 11:35 AM
i used to be an insomiac for about 3 years....i would regularly pull all nighters....man am i glad that is over.......one time i stayed up for 2 and a half days........and then i slept for about 4 hours before being up for another 1 and a half days.....man that almost killed me......

Rye
11-13-2006, 11:49 AM
A few summers ago, I had trouble sleeping. I would end up staying up until 4 in the morning because I'd be scared and too hot and such. ;__;

Christmas
11-13-2006, 12:15 PM
A few summers ago, I had trouble sleeping. I would end up staying up until 4 in the morning because I'd be scared and too hot and such. ;__;

cccchhhhuuuuuu~~~~~~~~~~~ :bigsmile:

Iceglow
11-13-2006, 01:24 PM
hmm I have insomina bouts as I have spoken off before on here. it's pretty messed up.

Aurey
11-13-2006, 01:33 PM
I used to have transient insomnia when I was twelve or eleven. I think it lasted about a month, probably less. I don't remember much of it, only that I just watched television all night.

MastrProject
11-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I am 24-7 I never sleep I am a night person and have you seen my soul around here I am trying to find it,?

Shaun
11-13-2006, 01:49 PM
I've found that I've been able to sleep more easily lately but it used to be really bad. 2:00am was the general minimum, but sometimes I got to sleep at 4:00am. I still do get to sleep that late sometimes but I often have so much to do I am exhausted so I just fall asleep from exhaustion.

sephirothishere
11-13-2006, 01:53 PM
isnt insomnia when you want ot go to sleep..but cant get to sleep???im kinda sleepy all teh time....cuz im sooooo cool...but..i did get insomnia when i was younger TOOO HOT.......but once i got over the young thing...the hotness didnt keep me awake...cept for incidnces as d man described.....

Fatal Impurity
11-13-2006, 01:56 PM
isnt insomnia when you want ot go to sleep..but cant get to sleep???im kinda sleepy all teh time....cuz im sooooo cool...but..i did get insomnia when i was younger TOOO HOT.......but once i got over the young thing...the hotness didnt keep me awake...cept for incidnces as d man described.....

you sound like such a noob......but dont let THAT stop you......:mad:

MastrProject
11-13-2006, 02:46 PM
strange I am tired now and I ws up all night i must get tred in the day time.

~*~Celes~*~
11-13-2006, 03:23 PM
As you all know, your Good Friend Devil Man is an ABSOLUTE STUD!:eek:

And he experiences insomnia when he is in bed with a Beautiful Goddess who wants to make mad PASSIONATE love to him all night long, for a Night with Devil Man is a truly Heavenly Night with must be Cherished For the Rest of Eternity :hyper:

Ergo...

The Beautiful Goddess :drool: enjoys every single PRECIOUS minute of her time with Devil Man, for Devil Man is a TRULY AMAZING MAN :exdee:

Which means Devil Man gets no sleep at all :(

Thus...

Insomnia! :eek:

But when Devil Man is in bed alone, he sleeps soundly and peacefully :sleepy:

Aww, poor devil man! :p I'm sure it'll all be better in a few years time if and when you find that special someone.

Well I ended up going to bed at 4:30 am my time, didn't fall asleep until about 5:00 am, so I stayed home from school, which is where I am now. My mom had a case of insomnia a couple of weeks ago where she'd be up all night because she just couldn't sleep...it's like me, my mom, and my dad are switching off insomnia incidents or something.

The Real Dark Messenger
11-13-2006, 03:36 PM
I have tried it from time to time... it feels awful and it ruins my whole day. I hate it. When ever I can't sleep it's usually for days, but then it goes away.

Rocket Edge
11-13-2006, 04:03 PM
I've always been a bad sleeper, but recently it's gotten worse and it's effecting my study & college attendance. I go nights were i don't get any sleep. It's more annoying than anything else.

Zeldy
11-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Ive never had Insomnia, but I do struggle to fall asleep in other people's houses (SLEEPOVERS >;o kthx). Its so infuriating, when everyone is fast asleep and Im lay there like ";___;" until the early hours.

The last sleepover I went, I stayed up all night, and then just totally crashed in the morning. I slept through breakfast!

Reles
11-13-2006, 04:30 PM
When dealing with stress and emotional pain and whatnot, I'm actually the opposite. I sleep like a baby, all the time. My body becomes emotionally weak and I can get to be very drowsy, also I can have loss of appetite which results in me becoming borderline anemic. Though currently I guess I have a hard time falling asleep within 30 minutes, or if something wakes me up, it's hard for me to fall back asleep. But nah, never had real insomnia.

Cloudane
11-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Takes a while when there's something on my mind like a job interview the next morning (highly annoying, as there's nothing worse than being tired for one.. catch 22) or recent events in my life.

Other than that, no.

My ex is experiencing it right now too, but says it's not a depression thing.

Fatal Impurity
11-13-2006, 04:32 PM
believe me you do not WANT IT! i somehow think i emphasized the wrong part of that comment oh well.......*falls asleep*

Reine
11-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Whenever I make myself go to bed during the night, I take forever to get to sleep, it was much worse back when I had a set bedtime though naturally. I tend to fall asleep easiest during the day, and usually from drowsiness. Mum says im like a cat when it comes to sunlight, it drains my strength and makes me want to just lie down and snooze away

Fatal Impurity
11-13-2006, 05:18 PM
i sometimes get that! it almost becomes inpossible to play games on a nice saturday afternoon which really narks me off but oh well its the stupid chemicals in our bodies!

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Once or twice every couple of months I won't get to sleep for up to a week. The longest I've ever gone without sleep was about week and a couple of days. I seriously thought I was going to go freaky mad. Slept for about a day and a half afterwards though. :D now it's just a night or two... or three...

MastrProject
11-13-2006, 05:58 PM
strange i sleep often when I stare at the sun or try to compile the diferences of twenty and 19 and stuff like that. I cant sleep at night at all I think I am a vampire or somthing.

Alive-Cat
11-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I've never had insomnia before, but I guess I've found it hard to sleep for weeks at a time before.
Although recently I've started dribbling in my sleep and I get scared that I'm going to drown or something and so I wake up. :(

~*~Celes~*~
11-13-2006, 06:57 PM
I actually drooled in my sleep when I finally fell asleep last night XD I woke up and I'm like "...eww...", covered that section of my pillow with my blanket, and fell back to sleep.

GeneralSapphire
11-13-2006, 07:05 PM
I always seem to get a good amount of sleep, but i have been almost falling asleep in lessons lately!!!!Although i still get the same amount of sleep!

Fatal Impurity
11-13-2006, 08:28 PM
when you drool on your pillow it looks all blotchy when it dries......man my pillow look like it has tea stains at one point my drooling was so bad.....

yumi
11-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Ive never had Insomnia, but I do struggle to fall asleep in other people's houses (SLEEPOVERS >;o kthx). Its so infuriating, when everyone is fast asleep and Im lay there like ";___;" until the early hours.

The last sleepover I went, I stayed up all night, and then just totally crashed in the morning. I slept through breakfast!

I get that - it's so annoying. I also can't sleep if anyone is in the same room as me. Another reason to remain single

MastrProject
11-13-2006, 10:05 PM
I drown when I sleep.(I thinks it is gross but i can help it one time I dreamed I was ina foot long sub sandwich eating contest, I won setting a record of fifty footlong meatball subs and some cheese steak.

Fatal Impurity
11-14-2006, 02:17 PM
awesome i love food......but i never dream about it! or do i? that could be the reason i drool so much!

Xander
11-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Not often, but when I'm overexcited or looking forward to the next day. xD Or when my pillows start to feel all hard and uncomfy it takes longer to get to sleep...=/ Normally I fall asleep pretty quickly, mmm. beeed.

boys from the dwarf
11-14-2006, 09:16 PM
yeah. same here.

i dont get insomnia but if your looking forwards to something, it makes it harder to sleep and you often have dreams and wake up abtou 3 times before the morning. and you also seem to get up at around 5 o clock in the morning if i remembewr correctly.

i bet this happened to everyone when they were little kids and it was before their birthday or christmas.

Yuffie514
11-17-2006, 08:36 AM
sometimes it might be that i am more active by night and being kept up by video-games, but my hours just peak from around 1 - 2:30am. i can never go to sleep early...

NeoCracker
11-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Im an actual insomiac, I even have the discharge papers to prove it, damned navy regulations.

Alex151
11-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Actually Insomnia is a sleeping disorder, where you are unable to sleep at all. Most cases here are just people not being tired and staying up. I did have insomnia last summer, I couldn't sleep for 4 days. I went and bought sleeping to take, and it went off and on through out the summer, but 4 days was the longest that I was unable to sleep thanks to the pills

Spiffing Cheese
11-17-2006, 10:03 PM
I used to suffer from really bad insomnia (getting about four hours of sleep a night, maximum), but I've been better lately. Six hours is still a lot for me, though, which kinda sucks.