PDA

View Full Version : Which FF world would you live in?

Wolf Kanno
11-13-2006, 08:57 AM
I've been playing through FFXII lately, and have come to the conclusion that I truly love Ivalice. I would so love to live in this world if it were possible. I think back, and with the exception of a few other games, I've never really been this attached to the actual "world" in a RPG let alone a Final Fantasy.

So what world would you want to live in? I love Ivalice, FFVI's world, and FFIX's world.

Martyr
11-13-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm inclined to sy FF1, because It's my favorite etc, but it has no real personality except for that the ToF would be a super cool tourist attraction to visit.
My experience is limited to 1-6.
6 would suck. 1-3 are hardly pertinent. Only 1 is better because I know it so well, and I know reasons why it'd be really cool, but they probably wouldn't be good reasons in light of those provided by somebody who knows another FF really well.

I think IV has the most personality, and the most intriguing amount of places to go. Underground with the dwarves, to the moon, to caves, monsterland, fairyland, and all that. So IV. Even though it happens to be my least favorite.

Dang it! Screw IV. It sucks. Coolest world of them all, but I'm going to the world of FF1 anyway. So... Chew on that, suckers!

RiseToFall
11-13-2006, 10:34 AM
None: Having to fight a random battle every 5 seconds when I go outside would suck.

Martyr
11-13-2006, 10:52 AM
None: Having to fight a random battle every 5 seconds when I go outside would suck.

But being able to level would rock.

Elpizo
11-13-2006, 02:39 PM
I wasn't aware that FFTA for example, had random battles every 5 seconds. Well well, I learn something new every day.

Anyway, on topic. FFTA's Ivalice.
FF IX's Gaia would be nice too. Black Mage Village, you know. ^^

The Crystal
11-13-2006, 08:05 PM
I would live in FFVIII because is the most similar to our world. Seriouslly, i would not be capable of living without technology, and living in Esthar would be so cool!

In a side note, i doubt that anyone would want to live in FFVII's world. Each year, that world have an "apocalypse situation". The most dangerous world of FF series, with exception of the WoR in FFVI.

Yuffie514
11-14-2006, 05:37 AM
on a canonized reality...

Final Fantasy VIII

------------------------

on an alternate reality...

* World: Final Fantasy XII's Ivalice
* Races: Mithra, Viera, Bangaa, Elvaan, Seeq, Nu Mou, Tarutaru, Hume, Moogle, Galka, Selkie
* Battle System: in the style of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, with a set job/subjob (which means that all the skills/tech/magic i've learned for the selected subjob is accessible, etc)

RiseToFall
11-14-2006, 06:40 AM
I wasn't aware that FFTA for example, had random battles every 5 seconds. Well well, I learn something new every day.

FFT+FFTA=2 games. FFI-FFX2=11 games: Wow I guess you are right, they barely even have random battles in the FF games. I guess you and I learned something new.

Elpizo
11-14-2006, 06:49 AM

FFT+FFTA=2 games. FFI-FFX2=11 games: Wow I guess you are right, they barely even have random battles in the FF games. I guess you and I learned something new.
Never said that, just said what you said wasn't entirely true. Besides, aside from FF DoS, I never had random battles every time after 5 seconds. If that were true, I never would have picked up FF. Even though DoS was the first one I played :rolleyes2

Oh yeah, you forgot Mystic Quest, there, you could choose which battle you would take and not. ;) Makes already 3 games.

Everit
11-14-2006, 07:13 AM
I like Spira a lot, even with Sin.

I bet I'd be a guardian haha

RiseToFall
11-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Never said that, just said what you said wasn't entirely true. Besides, aside from FF DoS, I never had random battles every time after 5 seconds. If that were true, I never would have picked up FF. Even though DoS was the first one I played :rolleyes2

Never heard of exaggeration I assume. But enough of our bickering. If you want a straight up answer with no BS, I would say the world of FF IX or X.

Evol
11-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Balamb Garden

Darkja
11-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Balamb Garden

my choice as well, living in balamb in ffviii's world would be kickass. hot dogs and quistis, now that's good livin'

/

Crossblades
11-14-2006, 02:13 PM
The World of Balance in FF VI. I would love to live in Narshe or Zozo

Cruise Control
11-14-2006, 02:23 PM
12, in Rabanastre <3.

Sefie1999AD
11-14-2006, 03:27 PM
I probably wouldn't like living in an FF world. Monsters are roaming everywhere and there's an ultra-powerful villain trying to take over the world or destroy it. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with FFIII's world. I think I'd live in a town like Ur, Kazus or Sasoon. That way the Light Warriors would be living quite close to me (when they're at home), and I could probably even see Refia and Princess Sara every now and then. ^^

BarelySeeAtAll
11-14-2006, 04:03 PM
7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i want sephi damnits!!!!!!!

James16
11-15-2006, 04:26 PM
FF-12...ivalice...i would date a viera.( sexy tan chicks with bunny ears..mmmmmm:D )

bipper
11-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I love the geography and locations of Final Fantasy VI. I have yet to plug in my copy of XII, so VI remains my saf favorite. Even in the World of Ruin. The humanity of the society seems much more intact and the world just felt so .. perfect. I would either live in Narshe, Thomasa, or South Figaro.

The Crystal
11-15-2006, 10:36 PM
I love the geography and locations of Final Fantasy VI. I have yet to plug in my copy of XII, so VI remains my saf favorite. Even in the World of Ruin. The humanity of the society seems much more intact and the world just felt so .. perfect. I would either live in Narshe, Thomasa, or South Figaro.

Kefka could destroy your city any time that he want.

ama124
11-16-2006, 02:35 AM
FFXII, Rabanastre is such a beautiful place, the scenery is gorgous and it seems like a nice lively city. But i'd also like to live in post-sin FFX such as besaid because its a really pretty sirene island.

feioncastor
11-16-2006, 02:49 AM
I'd live in the world of FF7, in the slums of Midgar. It's neat to see how people get by down there. It's like they have to build their houses out of garbage and debris from the city above, and they totally do. You see people living in drainage pipes and all that... It's just neat to see how they keep going and keep living on, even when they have to use scraps of gross looking metal for a wall.

Avarice-ness
11-16-2006, 02:50 AM
I'd live in FFVI's world, when it's ruined, in Zozo.

I have this undying want to live in a ruined place, basically where no laws rule and stealing something will give you nothing but praise.

vorpal blade
11-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Assuming there was no threat of annhilation, I'd choose Cosmo Canyon. Small town, you can see the stars clearly...

Or maybe asmall town like Nibelheim or Roxcket Town, maybe Kalm.

Or FFVIII Balamb. Cozy little seaside town, but big enough to gimme a TV and a PS2.

Dell
11-16-2006, 02:12 PM
FFXII, at least, the villain did not intend to destroy the world. So, even if the villain were successful in beating the heroes, I can still lives without worrying of world's destruction.

bipper
11-16-2006, 02:35 PM

His Goddesses are no match for my Ego.

I have this undying want to live in a ruined place, basically where no laws rule and stealing something will give you nothing but praise.
And all the goats you could date! :beer:

GeneralSapphire
11-16-2006, 04:27 PM
in final fantasy 7 world, because all my friends are there!!!i hate Earth most of the time!!!!
But i would be happy in any ff world!!

Alex151
11-17-2006, 10:04 PM
I'd live in 9, I'm a fan of the medevilness of it

VengefulRonin
11-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Most definitely IX...living in Lindblum would be so cool ^_^ It seems so tiny when you play the game, but if ya look at the opening FMV to it, its actually huge. I'd like Dali too, very charming little place (and it has one of my favorite songs on the entire soundtrack too).

NINJA_Ryu
11-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Id live in 4 or 6, them being my favs ^^

on second thought, 6, because mechs are also the coolio, and they have moogles! which ff IV lacks :( But they have a dragoon, so hmm

In ff IV i would most want to live in the dwarf kingdom, Lali Ho!

Marluxiaswife
11-18-2006, 08:59 PM
i want to live in the final fantasyx/x-2 world,
& i would be Yuna instead he he ha! and Rikku would be my friend Sarah,and Paine would be Jamie...
we would all have so much fun! I love Spira! :)

Cezanzo
11-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I would live in ffVIII. I would love to go to Balamb Garden and be a SeeD!

Muse
11-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Most definitely FFVIII. I didn't really care that much for the game, or the characters, but the game had some pretty amazing places; SeeD rules big time... Wait, that sounded a little too pathetic.

Ivalice? I only know Ivalice from Tactics on the GBA, and I didn't care much for it then.

VengefulRonin
11-19-2006, 01:21 AM
Yeah, being a SeeD would be pretty cool...and trust me Muse, the XII Ivalice is waaaaaaay better than that crappy Tactics Advance Ivalice...i'd take it over the original Tactics Ivalice too, since that one seems really cool but bleak.

zebaroth
12-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Final fantasy VII to X

FallenAngel411
12-08-2006, 06:05 AM
Definitely FFVIII, its the most similar to ours so I wouldn't go into techno-withdrawal, but at the same time its exotic and fascinating...even though I didn't enjoy playing the game itself very much..

Bunny
12-08-2006, 12:27 PM

Kefka is dead.

I would live in Ivalice.

Wolf Kanno
12-08-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm really surprised at how many people wanted to be in FFVIII's world. SeeD was cool but overall, I felt the world was uninspiring. I guess that just shows my taste or lack of. :laughing:

Also, you don't need to put into account the world is going to be destroyed by it's resident villian(s). So don't worry about X-Death, Kefka, and Sephiroth.;)

Forsaken Lover
12-10-2006, 12:01 PM
FFIX's world. It's my favorite in all the games and there's so many interesting places you could go with the airships. Be they little towns like Dali or ginormous kingdoms like Lindblum or out-of-the-way places like Esto Gaza, it's a beautiful world.

Darth Anarcus
12-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Deffinitely FF8's world. I could live a peaceful, serene in Fisherman's Horizon, Balamb, Winhill, and many other locations. Or I could be a city can living in Dollet, Delling City, or the city of cities: Esthar. Or I could live the life of a college student at any of the three gardens (before Trabia was bombed, of course). Or I could be a monastic among the Shumi, or a hermit at Edea's house.

Rocket Edge
12-10-2006, 11:49 PM
VIII's, X's aswell. :monster: