PDA

View Full Version : "ECP" & "Community Journalism"

Chemical
11-13-2006, 09:07 AM
So first, what does ECP mean? Well ECP stands for "EoFF Community Project." This is an Independently organized project based initiative that aims to orchastrate community building skills through projects and collaboration that ultimate creates a catalogue of themeatically linked presentations. Anyone can orchastrate a project.

Maybe it's like a club. Where participating individuals come together to make a documented collage; later to be assembled in an autonomous archive... There should probably be specific rules of conduct but I'm sure that will sort itself out. Phhh rules they're just made to be broken.

Project 1:

I think as a community we have an obligation to act as representitives of the communities we come from as well as the community we share. We're an interesting composition of individuals who come from all over the world so I'm putting forth the challange that all of you act as reporters and share a unique event, location, story etc. about the place you come from.

This is an open media project. You can express through a writing, drawing, photography, audio... whatever you can think of but I emplore you to employ your creativity and resourcefulness and invest time and thought. Create something you're proud of.

The following is mine; it's a sonic artwork based on an event that occured in the city I live in; in the area I'm from. The event was called Nuit Blanche. It was an all night 7pm - 7am art carnival; galleries opened their doors all night long and public property was transformed into interactive playgrounds.

[...Not necessarily conventional art, but it was all interactive installations and dealt directly with spacial relations: sculpture (human sized chess boards), sound (swim pool dance party, performance (cops waltzing up and down the street)... and so much more... ]

http://www.student.ocad.on.ca/~aknight/NuitBlancheJournalism.mp3

-------------------------------------------------------------
I'll answer questions here:

Question:

In this Project, can Devil Man talk about how Great, Magnificent, Wonderful, Fantastic and Truly Amazing he is? :hyper:

Can he? :confused:

Or can he not? :(

No. A single person does not make a community; not even someone with multiple personalities. God is not a person. Jesus is dead. There are no rational reasons to consider yourself a community. The challange is to have you engage your environment and report back to us with a sensorpleasing ... report.

The Devil Man
11-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Question:

In this Project, can Devil Man talk about how Great, Magnificent, Wonderful, Fantastic and Truly Amazing he is? :hyper:

Can he? :confused:

Or can he not? :(

Your Friend Devil Man shall answer you in this Edit too:

His answer is... Oh :(

But rest assured, your friend Devil Man shall find an intelligent way to participate in your Project for Devil Man is a Valuable Man and a Much Loved Man and a Man who can make good contributions to, errr... things that need contributions! :tongue:

Martyr
11-13-2006, 09:19 AM
I am not going to divulge any more information about myself or my community that links me to myself than I can help. If I accidentally reveal something precious, then it's an accident.

You're definitely not going to have me do your research for you.

But please pardon the undue animosity. This also simply isn't my cup of tea.