PDA

View Full Version : Who's pre-ordering a Wii?

Shaun
11-13-2006, 10:15 AM
On the 20th of November, as early as possible, when Amazon.co.uk are allowing pre-orders, I will place mine. I really can't wait for it. I'm going to get Twilight Princess and Red Steel with it, hopefully. I wanted to get some DS games, but I'm sure I have enough money to squeeze FFIII in there too.

To all you American posters: keep in mind I'm a British gamer and we're getting the Nintendo Wii on the 8th of December. You'll all be enjoying it earlier than us British gamers, or the Japanese...

So, the topic is, are you going to pre-order (or if you're American have you already)? Are you going to have an excuse to have the day off work or school/college? I'm at work from 5:00pm on the launch day and I have college too! So I'm just going to take the day off college, but Amazon had better deliver it on time or I'm going to kill them. :)

RiseToFall
11-13-2006, 10:19 AM
As much as I want to, I'm going to wait and pick it up later. No waiting in line, no crowds, no bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. I just want to walk into a store and buy the damn thing.

Shaun
11-13-2006, 10:28 AM
I won't even have to walk. Apparently, it will be delivered to my doorstep on the day.

Fatal Impurity
11-13-2006, 10:38 AM
oh the glory of the internet! lol i prefer to get mie from a real store where i can take it back if its broken or whatever.....which funnily enough alot of consoles tend to break down near to or on launch day......remember the evil dvd swallowing ps2's?

Cid Vicious
11-13-2006, 10:42 AM
I probably will, now that I've heard you don't have to use the remote controller thingy for it. Hopefully there'll be a package for the Wii and Twillight Princess for it.

RiseToFall
11-13-2006, 10:45 AM
I probably will, now that I've heard you don't have to use the remote controller thingy for it. Hopefully there'll be a package for the Wii and Twillight Princess for it.

The system was designed around that controller. I just don't understand why someone would buy it and not use the Wii remote. You want to play Zelda on the Wii but use a regular controller? Then just buy the game for the Cube. What difference is it going to make?

Shaun
11-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah. The Wii is backwards compatible with it too. You could just use the GameCube controller for it. Still, most of the games will rely totally on that controller. Red Steel, WarioWare, Trauma Center, etc...

Heh, I heard about those PS2s as well, but every Nintendo console/handheld I've had has been reliable, so I trust them.

RiseToFall
11-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Still, most of the games will rely totally on that controller. Red Steel, WarioWare, Trauma Center, etc...
And that's the way it should be dammit. The biggest thing that separates the Wii from the 2 other systems is the remote. I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy this system for it's graphical power.

Heh, I heard about those PS2s as well, but every Nintendo console/handheld I've had has been reliable, so I trust them.Yeah, no need to worry about Nintendo when it comes to reliability of the system. My original NES still works 20 years later. The only thing I am a bit concerned about is the controller not working properly.

Cid Vicious
11-13-2006, 11:00 AM

The system was designed around that controller. I just don't understand why someone would buy it and not use the Wii remote. You want to play Zelda on the Wii but use a regular controller? Then just buy the game for the Cube. What difference is it going to make?I want the Wii for the new games that will be released in the future, not just TP.

On the Wii remote, I probably will get round to using it, I just don't like the thought of being only able to use that and not a normal controller, but I'm sure I'll get use to it, it's alot like the early PS2 games only being playable using the Analog stick, I hated it to start with, but got use to it over time.

KentaRawr!
11-13-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm not pre-ordering it, sadly. I missed my chance. I'm going to hope stores have them in stock on sunday.

Timerk
11-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Thinking I will wait till after everything has calmed down a bit, then go buy either a Wii or PS3, I guess. I just bought FFXII and KH2, plus the new World of Warcraft expansion is coming out in January (maybe), and with the holidays coming up, I am going to be pretty busy for a while, so no rush. Also, like others have said, launch systems tend to be buggy, even though my PS2 broke down and I bought it well after launch, so who knows?

Jowy
11-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Preordered and mostly paid off. I eagerly await 11 AM on the 19th.

Ichimonji
11-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Preordered and fully paid off. I eagerly await 9:30 AM on the 19th.

Tidus Andronicus
11-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Preordered mind last month... and I had to get up and wait outside a game store at 4:00 AM to get it too... >_>

Xander
11-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Dunno. Kinda just wanna go to a shop and get it...I might preorder it from woolworths if they offer, closer than gamestation...

Ashi
11-14-2006, 01:13 PM
My brother seemed to have already preordered one alongside TP. I knew nothing of it until quite recently. :confused:

Riana
11-14-2006, 01:48 PM
I had to cancel mine. My Mum booked a holiday abroad for us, there's no way I could afford it nor be able to pick it up. >_<

fantasyjunkie
11-14-2006, 03:40 PM
As much as I want to, I'm going to wait and pick it up later. No waiting in line, no crowds, no bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. I just want to walk into a store and buy the damn thing.

I feel the same here. That's what I did with the 360, and I'll do the same with the Wii and if I can afford it(which is dubious) the PS3 when that can be found in any store.

Shaun
11-14-2006, 04:53 PM
The topic's getting a bit stale so I thought I'd create another which you can answer to if you like:

What interests you the most about the Wii?

For me, it's definitely Red Steel. Using that controller to wield a sword sounds so great. The virtual console sounds awesome too and so does the Mii channel, but I don't have an Internet connection... yet.

Xander
11-14-2006, 05:24 PM
The controller in general...the online stuff if I can get it to work..like the Wii Me ^_^ Not sure about games except zelda yet...

Dreddz
11-14-2006, 06:31 PM
The controller is the only appealing thing to me about the Wii, shame it dosent have many games I want.

Fatal Impurity
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
the only game i want for the wii is zelda....luckily for nintendo that is enough lol afterall i only bought my cube for wind waker and ive still got it now (granted ive only got metroid prime 1/2, dave mirra 2, star wars: rogue squadron 1/2, fifa street, and zelda collection) i do think that the nunchuk (the wii controller) will be interesting to play but hard to play for very long with you having to wave your arms about like a chicken all the time.....

KH-Cloudy
11-15-2006, 06:38 AM
I'm just gonna get in there and buy the damned Wii :) and i'm looking forward to Super Smash Bros. Brawl when it comes out.

Shaun
11-16-2006, 12:56 PM
omegaweapon2005: Were you paid to have FIFA Street in your collection?