PDA

View Full Version : A little help please

Cid Vicious
11-13-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm about to leave Bartz world and go to Galufs, and I've been told I wont be able to return. But there's a place near Cresent Island and the Airship base that I haven't explored yet, and I can't figure out how to get in. It's on a little Island and looks abit like the Ancient Library. I've tried landing the Airship on it, but nothing works.

I have look at a walkthrough, the frontsite's, but haven't noticed anything regarding that.

Levian
11-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Mirage town? I don't think that place is available until Ex-Deaths world.

Cid Vicious
11-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Isn't Mirage invisible? This place you can see, it's on a small island surrounded by mountains a little north west from Cresent.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-13-2006, 11:00 AM
It's a plot thing. Later in the game, the first world and the second world merge together, forming the third world. Due to the way the geography overlaps, many locations that were inaccessible in either of the first two worlds then become available. So don't worry when you see some place that's locked within mountains or so forth; you'll get there when you're meant to get there.

Cid Vicious
11-13-2006, 11:10 AM
So it's not accessible at the moment then, that's good to know, I didn't want to miss anything before I left.

Later in the game, the first world and the second world merge together, forming the third world.I'm dissapointed by that, I was hoping the third world would be something unique like the Moon in IV, but it's just a mix of world one and two. Dull.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Actually, it's very interesting to see how the two original worlds mesh together. Certainly much more interesting than a tiny, barren moon map, at any rate.

Ender
11-13-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm dissapointed by that, I was hoping the third world would be something unique like the Moon in IV, but it's just a mix of world one and two. Dull.

I just got to the "third" world this weekend. It does make sense within the story.

Contrived? Certainly. But no more so than a race of super-advanced/powerful aliens taking up residence on the moon and remaining in pseudo-stasis until the world below caught up with them. And really, the combined world maybe doesn't have unique locations, although there are a number of "new" locations you can reach now due to the merger and/or the story that you couldn't reach before, but it certainly does represent a unique concept, at least in FF terms. Although the execution is all over the place in terms of how well it's pulled off. Some NPCs will offer some good commentary on it, but then others are like "That was odd. Well, weapons are more expensive since the crystal was destroyed." :confused: I mean, if your world were merged with another, you would think that like 90% of the commonfolk would be up in arms.

Anyway, the "new" locations you can access once the world's merge > lunar surface, Cave of Bahamut, and the lunar sub-terrain in terms of presenting interesting level design and fun, challenging battles.

rubah
11-13-2006, 10:15 PM
I think the worlds thing was one of the better things. Especially since you can ride a chococo all around it!

Sefie1999AD
11-13-2006, 10:29 PM
I also liked the third world. It's still different enough from the first and second worlds, the storyline is different and the side quests are really fun. The world map music is also very beautiful in the third world. The only thing I dislike is that the castle with Zombie Dragons now has Zombie Dragons and Exdeath Souls, so you can't be sure to run into Zombie Dragons all the time, meaning it was better to level up with them on the second world.

Wild Card
11-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Hmm... All this talk about a second and THIRD world... I still havent made it past the desert in the first world... :)

How do you get past that anyway? I mean... I Looked simple enough, but when i was doing it, i was like "WTF??!" so... This is the convenient help thread :D So, um, its probably really simple, and when i figure it out (Or im told) Then i'll feel st00pid. xD