PDA

View Full Version : MY COMPUTAR ESPLODE

Jowy
11-13-2006, 02:05 PM
So yeah, it just doesn't want to boot up anymore. All of the wires are properly connected inside of the machine, and the power still goes to it. When I go to turn it on, the fan turns on. I wiggled one of the wires connecting the drives and that got it to boot up, but that was only a temporary fix, and it kind of died right afterwards.

Any suggestions on how to possibly make this work that don't involve me paying anyone at work money to fix it? <3

Mirage
11-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Pay me money to fix it.
Serious answer: Try changing the cables connecting your hard drives. You should also supply some more information. How far in the bootup process does it get? Does it get past POST (Power On Self Test)? That's the stuff you see where the BIOS is checking the RAM, if a keyboard and mouse is connected, how many drives you have on your system, etc. Many prebuilt computers have a silly manufacturer's logo slapped over all that though, pressing Esc usually takes you to the POST information. Does the BIOS find your hard drives when you start your PC?

Jowy
11-13-2006, 02:17 PM
It doesn't even display to the monitor. It just kind of sits there.

Mirage
11-13-2006, 02:22 PM
I suggest doing the strip method.
Unplug everything but your motherboard and your graphics card, and see if you get anything. If yes, add another unit until it stops working again :p. It's time-consuming, but it might reveal what's causing the error.

KH-Cloudy
11-26-2006, 05:36 AM
Maybe your monitor died like mine

Rostum
11-26-2006, 06:27 AM
Perhaps get it checked out at a store from the tech section. I don't know what it's like around your area, but last time I get my computer checked up for something, they didn't charge me anything.

Jowy
11-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I just bought a new one because the processor in my old one was fried.

close plz.