PDA

View Full Version : Serious Busting!

Laugh at face of Danger
11-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Ultima Buster, why was it created?!

It's one of the last monsters that needs crushing in the arena, I have gone all the way around the grid and am powering up Tidus, Lulu and Rikku, all of which have Celestial Weapons and great armour... here's my strategy

Tidus uses Hastega and we're all happy, because we can't see the boss's turn. Lulu double casts Flare on the arms, that's those gone. Rikku double casts Flare at the head, that's that one gone. So I'm left with the body. I Quick hit it to within an inch of my life, swap Yuna in and Grand Summon The Magus Sisters, unleash two overdrives...then they get smushed by Ultima, no problem I think. Then we go back to the mindless slashing and whacking and doublecasting, sacrifice Anima after an overdrive... I do this until I have run out of aeons and the dumb creature ain't failing. I've got nothing to take the blow of the next ultima, everyone bar Tidus gets KOed and after that its an endless and non relenting cirlce of death and resurrection, with no time to hit the darn thing!

What do I need to do now? Other than buy a new controller? :D all help welcome!

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-13-2006, 08:21 PM
i wud recommend using grand summon on anima cos her OD is just plain better. i'd also recommend getting wakka's attack reels, lvl him a bit (if necessary) then get everyone's OD and teach them all entrust. then have everyone entrust their OD to wakka and repeatedly use attack reels. if it hasn't gone down now it won't be far off.

Firo Volondé
11-14-2006, 10:32 AM
If your stats (Excluding Luck and HP/MP) are maxed, you have CW for everyone and fully upgraded for your 3 fighters, as well as Attack Reels. You shouldn't take too long, only 51 max damage hits to the body. (I counted them:D)

TheSpoonyBard
11-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Doublecast Ultima to get rid of the Head and Arms (Copycat that if necessary). Quick Hit/Attack Reels to the Body. Cast Auto-Life (or use Rikku's Hyper Mighty G) before Ultima, or just summon an aeon to take the hit. Rinse and repeat.

Laugh at face of Danger
11-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Great, he's history, now it's Nemesis i need to beat ¬_¬ Strength, Defence, Magic Defense and Accuracy stand at 255, the rest in the 160's aside from Luck which is, at most, 26

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-16-2006, 04:50 PM
yeh i'd recommend raising the rest of ur stats up to 255. luck probably doesn't to go so far, maybe 100-150 ish

TheSpoonyBard
11-16-2006, 07:11 PM
As long as Strength is at 255, Agility is 220+, you have Celestial Weapons and Auto-Haste, Nemesis is easy. Use Quick Hit until Nemesis has a turn, and summon an aeon to take the hit. Then go back to Quick Hits. Just summon an aeon whenever Nemesis has a turn and you'll not have to heal once. Just don't use an Overdrive, as he counters them.

Laugh at face of Danger
11-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Cheers, I'm doing my evasion and agility next, it's not taking long actually. Next, it's the Dark Aeons, then, the world. I'll tell you how it all goes, I like the aeon idea, sounds like my wussy way of fighting

TheSpoonyBard
11-16-2006, 07:26 PM
If you plan on maxing everything, delete all the Accuracy nodes, leave Evasion at 35, and raise Luck to 255. You'll still be able to hit and evade everything (as long as it can be hit/evaded), and you'll be getting critical hits almost all the time.

Laugh at face of Danger
11-16-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that I will have enough blank nodes, if I prioritise Luck and Agility (or Evasion) because I will not have defeated the Hornet 22 times for nothing, you hear?! Gawd, it was a long and boring night :S.

TheSpoonyBard
11-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Anything over 170 Agility is unnecessary if you have Auto-Haste, so that's another one you can cut down on.