PDA

View Full Version : Abortion and your stance.

Lindy
11-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Abortion is one of those issues where you just can't be safe, there's only ever two sides. But I mean, how can you be safe either way? If you pick the side of pro-lifers, you'll be branded a radical, or a right-wing extremist. "Hey guys, I'm a pro-lifer!" "Oh, are you also a good buddy of Jesus? Do you like to swim in his pool, if you know what I mean", that kinda crap isn't something I like to deal with.But then, if you're on the side of pro-choice, you get hounded by the pro-lifers for destroying life and everything it stands for.
I mean, bloody hell, you can't win either way, the other day I was out near an abortion clinic and started getting hounded by a buncha pro-lifers who kept asking me what my stance was, and I just tried not to answer 'em. They mostly stopped following me after a while, but a coupla guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighbourhood, I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-air". That kinda stuff is just unacceptable to me really, I don't see why I should have to put up with it. I don't chase after them asking them their opinion on Marmite, another thing you can only have two sides on, I bet it'd cause extreme religious controversy either way.

Anyway, what's your stance on abortion, if you even have one? Discuss.

Rye
11-14-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm pretty much completely pro-choice, but I'm not so sure if I'd get an abortion if I ever was in such a situation myself.

MastrProject
11-14-2006, 12:43 AM
No comment and why that topic why? or are you trying to get good talking out of people.

Lindy
11-14-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm just trying to start a discussion on something that's been bothering me lately, is that so wrong?

kikimm
11-14-2006, 12:44 AM
Why any topic?

And yeah pro-choice for me. I've felt that way pretty much forever and I don't want to change my mind.

Misfit
11-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Down with the babies.

Madame Adequate
11-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Pro-choice. First-trimester fetuses = cancer.

MastrProject
11-14-2006, 12:50 AM
no pun intended Just what goes thru that mind? when I toss a thought around I go mountain climbing and I watch a forested valley and think of an anser or the solution.

Shlup
11-14-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm on the magical third side: I think abortion is wrong in most cases, but don't really care if someone has one anyway.

Shoeberto
11-14-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm on the magical third side: I think abortion is wrong in most cases, but don't really care if someone has one anyway.
Pretty sure that lumps you into pro-choice.

fire_of_avalon
11-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Pro-choice completely first trimester. My personal morality gets stricter on the subject the longer it goes on, and I think that unnecessary partial birth abortion (ie, healthy baby, health mommy who just doesn't want it) is pretty much the most awful thing ever. And I definitely, 100% believe that the father should be able to have some input on the matter. If a man is willing to pay 100% of medical costs, take total and complete responsibility of the child, I don't see why any logical reasoning to not go through with birth other than "It's my body, it's my choice."

It also enrages me that people are wholly allowed to use abortion as a method of birth control multiple times. Condoms aren't that expensive.

A small part of me, that is very concerned with the state of world and the fact that people don't accept the consequences of their decisions, really makes me want to believe that they made the choice when they chose to have sex, but I understand it's not all that simple.

So basically I'm pro-choice but I have reservations.

Lindy
11-14-2006, 12:57 AM
no pun intended Just what goes thru that mind? when I toss a thought around I go mountain climbing and I watch a forested valley and think of an anser or the solution.
Uhm, questions that cannot be answered alone? I woulda thought that'd be obvious right now, considering how I'm asking for a discussion.

What have you got against me posting a topic?

Roto13
11-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Down with the babies.

I'm against abortion, but I'm ALL for killing babies.

MastrProject
11-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Hey I am Off today I am making some sense...um (...) I like this thingie why dunno and I guess I am a 4th side known as What the hell is abortion?!

Lindy
11-14-2006, 01:11 AM
So you come into my topic, tell me to stop posting, spam a bit, and then you don't even know what the topic is about?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abortion

Stop trolling my topic up.

oddler
11-14-2006, 01:33 AM
I really don't have a huge opinion on serious matters such as these. I will say, however, that I agree with fire_of_avalon in the sense that it should mostly be a joint decision between both the people responsible. Just looking at this topic brings my Fun Level down a good four points. :(

bipper
11-14-2006, 01:34 AM
I am pro-life. And nearly like what FOA said, but, I think it should be discussed between all three people involved.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-14-2006, 01:37 AM
I remember a while back some chick made a blog called “Stop my Abortion” where she demanded pro-lifers donate her $40 grand by the third trimester or she would abort her foetus. I think they got to something like $37 grand before the time ran out, so she had it expunged and posted pictures. Hilarious.

My stance on abortion is thus: I don’t care. I mean sure, it would be nice if people would be a little more open minded on this issue but ultimately it’s never going to effect me. I’m a guy so I’m not going to get pregnant and if I ever knocked up some chick I would have pushed her down the stairs before it ever became an issue. Doesn’t mean I won’t take sides for lols though.

Yamaneko
11-14-2006, 01:39 AM
Pro-choice until the fetus/baby can either breathe on its own or have a developed-enough respiratory system to allow a machine to breathe for it. Obviously women shouldn't be aborting in the last trimester unless her life is in danger, but then again I'm not a woman and will never be in that position, so my opinion on the matter is greatly diminished. I'm also rather weary of the state controlling someone's body.

Miriel
11-14-2006, 01:57 AM
I agree with a lot of what foa said. Although with possibly more reservations.

I feel so strongly against people who use abortion as a form of birth control that I just... aarrrgh. They should be punished or something! I mean, gaah! I get so upset when I hear about girls getting their third, fourth, fifth abortions and they just go on having uprotected sex. It's like, YOU STUPID HEAD, STOP THAT! I have to remind myself that it's not my problem, but it still pisses me off.

If you can't handle the consequences of having sex, don't have sex. Or use protection. It's not that hard. I mean, jeez, places like Planned Parenthood give away birth control pills/patches/rings at almost no cost. And the Emergency Contraceptive Pill is pretty readily available so "the condom broke" isn't even a good excuse anymore.

Sheesh.

More than anything I'd advocate safe sex practices so that it doesn't even get to the point of needing an abortion.

Rye
11-14-2006, 01:59 AM
If you can't handle the consequences of having sex, don't have sex. Or use protection. It's not that hard. I mean, jeez, places like Planned Parenthood give away birth control pills/patches/rings at almost no cost. And the Emergency Contraceptive Pill is pretty readily available so "the condom broke" isn't even a good excuse anymore.

Sheesh.

More than anything I'd advocate safe sex practices so that it doesn't even get to the point of needing an abortion.

Exactly. I am pro-choice completely, but I cannot stand people who do that. It's disgusting. The only thing though is that you just can't pick which people can get an abortion, and which can't, if it's legal. And that's why I'm just simply pro-choice. But I see what you mean, there are so many ways to prevent pregnancy.

Ryth
11-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Overall, I suppose I am pro-choice, I believe in a few restrictions and such though. I don't approve of abortions because of crazy nights of sex, don't want it legal either. If you don't think you can afford a baby (which you probably can't get an abortion anyway) then you put it up for adoption. If the mother will die, then the baby can go. If the mother was raped, I think she should be allowed to have the baby aborted. Those are the only real circumstances I think it should be allowed. I suppose this makes me pro-choice.

However, I think it may be fairly difficult to wade through all the bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif and see who is telling the truth. Which upsets me.

edczxcvbnm
11-14-2006, 02:17 AM
Looking for a safe stance? I'm not. Lets go the fuck up route.

Against Abortion but For killing babies!

I would link to that particular maddox article but the last time I posted Leeza bitched about how it goes off on a tangent of "Fuck Vampires".

Martyr
11-14-2006, 02:34 AM
I'm "Pro-Life"

I hate the term. I hate being lumped into Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice, because I hate that term "Choice." I mean, what the heck? pro Choice? How many choices do you want? You chose to have sex, you chose to do it unprotected, you generally chose to do it with the knowledge that sex causes babies. Why should a baby die because you want to have multiple choices.
I'm Anti-Multiple Choice.

But, seriously, I'd say that "Abortion" is the softest practical term anybody could come up with for "Baby Killin.'"

There is a scenario where I would accept abortion, but it's only because I have certain beliefs that allow for a sin to be committed. That ios, I would abort a child if it was the result of rape. But that's about it.

Roto13
11-14-2006, 02:59 AM
People like to pretend that birth control is 100% effective.

Martyr
11-14-2006, 03:07 AM

We do. It's only 99% effective.
that's 1 in 100 with a million people having sex every day. Put together, it doesn't make things feel secure.

I'm also a proponent of abstinence, but i know that that's an impossible thing to try and push on people. But 5 year olds don't have sex. They're children. Adults have sex. And adults are supposed to be adults.

If you can't handle a situation without killing a bunch of babies, then you don't deserve the title of adult, and you don't deserve the precarious privilage of sex. Sorry. I can't see any other way around this, except to say that children shouldn't be having sex.

I guess that means I'm "Against a Woman's Right to Choose."

Coincidentally, I wouldn't vote for Hilary Clinton, so I'm probably against women's right to vote and all that too.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
11-14-2006, 03:11 AM
Excellent strawman! A few more of those and you'll be ready to debate in EoEO.

Martyr
11-14-2006, 03:14 AM

Yeah... I rant, and I work myself up with my own words. What can I say?

Just ignore. Or don't. Or do whatever you do. I maintain that these forums have no real consequence so I can say and act however I wish. As long as my grammar is good, nobody will disrespect me. I'm immortal here. And you're all baby killers!

(I'm about to get banned, I can feel it)

Fire_Emblem776
11-14-2006, 04:10 AM

Yeah... I rant, and I work myself up with my own words. What can I say?

Just ignore. Or don't. Or do whatever you do. I maintain that these forums have no real consequence so I can say and act however I wish. As long as my grammar is good, nobody will disrespect me. I'm immortal here. And you're all baby killers!

(I'm about to get banned, I can feel it)

Try not to:cry:

And I say, dont have sex at all if you cant deal with the baby.

Ryth
11-14-2006, 04:10 AM
I'm immortal here.

The name "Martyr" may or may not conflict with that claim. :p

Miriel
11-14-2006, 04:23 AM

I'm pretty sure that if the guy uses a condom, and the girl is on some sort of hormone birth control method (pill/patch/nuva ring), and the guy withdraws before ejaculation, then on top of that the girl takes an emergency contraceptive pill after having sex, you can pretty much bet that you're not gonna get pregnant. If someone does manage to get pregnant after using all those methods in one go, that person was more likely visited by some sort of holy ghost.

DarkLadyNyara
11-14-2006, 04:51 AM
Pro-choice, with reservations. Basically, I agree with fire_of_avalon.

I think that unnecessary partial birth abortion (ie, healthy baby, health mommy who just doesn't want it) is pretty much the most awful thing ever.
If by "partial birth", you mean late-term abortions, I'm pretty sure most states ban unnecessary ones.

nik0tine
11-14-2006, 05:35 AM
I fail to see how abortion could ever be justified unless the mothers life was in danger.

Abortion is wrong. Period. If you have one, you're a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty human being. Period.

With that said, I'm not so sure it should be illegal.

Fire_Emblem776
11-14-2006, 05:39 AM
I fail to see how abortion could ever be justified unless the mothers life was in danger.

Abortion is wrong. Period. If you have one, you're a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty human being. Period.

With that said, I'm not so sure it should be illegal.

People want the easy way out :mad2: Dont have sex at all! Its that easy:eep:

yumi
11-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Since starting midwifery I've found I've fallen from pro-life into the grey area. I still think abortion is wrong, but I can understand why women choose to terminate. Although I disagree and would never participate in the actual procedure, it isn't my place to judge them. This is especially as most of the women I come in contact with are terminating for fetal abnormality and are probably aborting a very much wanted baby, but they can't cope with the abnormaility/feel the baby would be better off dead/the baby won't survive once born. I guess I feel that abortion is too complex a subject to be black and white on as there are so many factors to consider.

The only thing I really can't stand is people who have abortions for contreception. At work I booked a 17 year old girl wanting her 3rd abortion who was on no contraception! But then again I suppose you could argue if she was being educated correctly.

Generally though either side of the arguement I don't like people who force their opinons on others. They are both as bad as each other.

Anaisa
11-14-2006, 11:59 AM

I'm pretty sure that if the guy uses a condom, and the girl is on some sort of hormone birth control method (pill/patch/nuva ring), and the guy withdraws before ejaculation, then on top of that the girl takes an emergency contraceptive pill after having sex, you can pretty much bet that you're not gonna get pregnant. If someone does manage to get pregnant after using all those methods in one go, that person was more likely visited by some sort of holy ghost.A lot of women suffer bad side effects taking hormonal treatment, so for them taking it is a bad idea. An some of them can't take it without very serious complications, the most serious being death. So that obviously greatly lowers their options for contraception.

People want the easy way out :mad2: Dont have sex at all! Its that easy :eep: I don't even want to have sex an that sounds absurd to me.

Lindy
11-14-2006, 01:53 PM
This topic proves my theory that nobody reads the opening post.

YHL, HAND.

Cruise Control
11-14-2006, 02:01 PM
http://theworstpageintheuniverse.com/images/regressive_bs.jpg

EDIT: DAMN IT ED!

Looking for a safe stance? I'm not. Lets go the smurf up route.

Against Abortion but For killing babies!

I would link to that particular maddox article but the last time I posted Leeza bitched about how it goes off on a tangent of "smurf Vampires".

Nasarian Altimeros
11-14-2006, 02:03 PM
More people should reference Maddox in this thread

Because that is cool.

Shaun
11-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Abortion doesn't concern me in the slightest, so I don't really care. I'm sorry to not be empathetic here, but that's how it is. It doesn't affect my life in any way so I have no reason to waste my time thinking about it. It's going to happen anyway.

bipper
11-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Excellent strawman! A few more of those and you'll be ready to debate in EoEO. You forgot to add in some misinformation and a liberal use of google searching. And ah, don't be sore.

This topic proves my theory that nobody reads the opening post.

YHL, HAND.

???

Anyway, what's your stance on abortion, if you even have one? Discuss.
I clearly stated my stance, and that is all. But I am no one - good point.

Lindy
11-14-2006, 03:17 PM
You read the end of my post, as did everyone else in this topic, it seems. I always figured people never bothered reading posts properly, and now I've finally got proof of it.

bipper
11-14-2006, 03:42 PM
You have proof that I did not read your whole post simply because I participated in answering the one question that was asked of the reader. Welcome to emoEOEO!

The Devil Man
11-14-2006, 03:48 PM
You read the end of my post, as did everyone else in this topic, it seems. I always figured people never bothered reading posts properly, and now I've finally got proof of it.

Instead of whinging and moaning like a whiny baby 'Oooh, I have proof, nobody reads my posts, ooooh!' why don't you try and stop waffling and make your writing more interesting? That way, some people might pay more attention instead of being bored to death and going off on a tangent.

Just a helpful suggestion.

Lindy
11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
*facepalm*

I don't care if people read MY posts, it's just been pretty clear that before in most any people don't bother reading most of the posts, and now this is proof of it, because you've all missed something hilariously obvious.

P.S. Devil Boy, vendetta more plz, the more I see you swing and miss, the more I laugh <3

The Devil Man
11-14-2006, 03:56 PM
*facepalm*

I don't care if people read MY posts, it's just been pretty clear that before in most any people don't bother reading most of the posts, and now this is proof of it, because you've all missed something hilariously obvious.

P.S. Devil Boy, vendetta more plz, the more I see you swing and miss, the more I laugh <3

I don't have a vendetta against you because I find you too pathetic to have any vendetta against.

I just find your attempts to put others down with some cheap sarcasm exceptionally tiresome and tedious. But, as they say, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit so it no doubt speaks volumes about you.

Lindy
11-14-2006, 03:59 PM
I just realised, every post you make I can reply to in the same way and it'd be appropriate every time :

........................................__......................................................
.................................,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,..................................................
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.....................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.............................
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,....................
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

Cruise Control
11-14-2006, 04:01 PM
For all your dissapointed ASCII needs:

http://www.degraeve.com/img2txt.php

The Devil Man
11-14-2006, 04:05 PM
I just realised, every post you make I can reply to in the same way and it'd be appropriate every time :

........................................__......................................................
.................................,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,..................................................
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.....................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.............................
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,....................
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

And I'll do the same for you by Quoting you :)

Leeza
11-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Devil Man and Lindy, your antics get the thread closed.