PDA

View Full Version : what is up with O.W.

Cloud master
11-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Why are the makers of final fantasy obsessed with Omega weapon and ulitma weapon. And even things that look like omega weapon(nemesis from FFX) I've heard there is even an omega weapon in FFVII D.O.C.? Does anyone know why?:confused:

Captain Maxx Power
11-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I mean what's up with always having an item called Potion in their games? And what's with this whole thing of having Bahamut in there somewhere. While we're at it, why is every game called Final Fantasy? Why don't they rename them to Chicken Fest 5000?

Griff
11-15-2006, 02:41 AM
They do it because Omega is a cool word that's really fun to say. And can you think of a better way to use Omega in a sentence?

Zechs
11-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Its there classic enemy encounter name. Like Cid for a character.

Martyr
11-15-2006, 06:36 AM
Oh, it's a trend that began in 5, right?

Looks to me like a recurring Warmech.

Extremely strong, extremely optional, and with sweet rewards after a long and perilous fight.

Do I like the name Warmecch better? I dunno. Let me think about it.

blackmage_nuke
11-15-2006, 06:50 AM
whats up with those swords, cant the characters use hats to fight

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Oh, it's a trend that began in 5, right?FFV introduced the optional boss called Omega, and FFVI began the tradition of monstrous bosses with "Weapon" in their names. But there wasn't actually such a boss as Omega Weapon until FFVIII.

vorpal blade
11-15-2006, 08:47 AM
"I am the beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega"
God (I think, or Jesus) from the bible (Revelations?)

Omega is the last letter of the greek alphabet and just sounds cool. Thus, Omega Weapon is the Ultimate weapon (unlike ultima, which I believe is the previous month).

Firo Volondé
11-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Yeah, and what's up with Final Fantasy games where you have to kill everyone? Can't we resolve our issues in a non-violent way?:p

bipper
11-15-2006, 03:57 PM
"I am the beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega"
God (I think, or Jesus) from the bible (Revelations?)

Omega is the last letter of the greek alphabet and just sounds cool. Thus, Omega Weapon is the Ultimate weapon (unlike ultima, which I believe is the previous month).

Revelation 22:12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." -this is Jesus speaking in trinitarian versions of the bible.
Though there are a lot of religious undertones to several Final Fanatisies, I don't think that the alpha and omega weapon are correlated with the Christianity thought, as much as the greko-roman thoughts of creation vs extinction. I for one, think Omega weapon in VIII was quite awsome ~ and the traditional staple enemy fight is very cool.

Bolivar
11-17-2006, 04:44 AM
I never beat Omega weapon in V, but I'm gonna replay that eventually, and he's goin down.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-17-2006, 04:52 AM
He's just Omega. No "Weapon."

Decessus
11-17-2006, 04:59 AM
It's cool.

abrojtm
11-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Too bad Omega Mk. XII isn't the hardest boss in FFXII.

Edit by Kishi: Yeah, mark that.

bipper
11-21-2006, 07:21 PM
He's just Omega. No "Weapon."

:D mark that.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-22-2006, 01:07 AM
The statute of limitations for spoiler warnings is three years. FFV has been out for nearly fifteen.

Croyles
11-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, and what's up with Final Fantasy games where you have to kill everyone? Can't we resolve our issues in a non-violent way?:p

*Gets out his dandelion slingshot*