PDA

View Full Version : Magus sisters=cheating?

Cloud master
11-14-2006, 01:53 AM
I think magus sisters are just stupid. U can beat anybody in the game with a few delta attacks. Is this considered cheating????

rubah
11-14-2006, 02:20 AM
Try your new strategy in the monster arena first, please.

You'll find that it's much more difficult to get anywhere with the magus sisters against say, Earth Eater? than a well made team. What with Cindy being so dumb and not using auto-life enough:[ and sandy being dumb and not casting enough Protect:[ and Mindy being dumb and forgetting to use Passado.

Delta attack is hardly worthwhile on those bosses, really.

Mirage
11-14-2006, 06:32 AM
The Magus Sisters are put in the game by the developers. It is not a bug. Therefore, it is not cheating.

TheSpoonyBard
11-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Zanmato > Oblivion > Passado > Attack Reels > Blitz Ace > Delta Attack = Slice & Dice

As you can see there are many attack which are better/have more hits than Delta Attack, so are they all forms of cheating too?

Firo Volondé
11-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Magus Sisters are the worst aeons in the game. They're the only aeons that you can't control, and don't have Zanmato. Only thing they're good for are blocking Dark Aeons' Overdrives.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-14-2006, 11:43 AM
if only u cud make the ultimate team of wakka, mindy and anima n hav them all in at once :D

personally, i don't think magus sisters are that gud. there's too much chance which there's no room for in harder battles

Goldenboko
11-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Zanmato > Oblivion > Passado > Attack Reels > Blitz Ace > = Slice & Dice
In the North American Version its

Zanmato > Passado >Attack Reels > Delta Attack and Oblivion= Normal 1 hit attack :(

Cloud master
11-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Zanmato > Oblivion > Passado > Attack Reels > Blitz Ace > Delta Attack = Slice & Dice

As you can see there are many attack which are better/have more hits than Delta Attack, so are they all forms of cheating too?

Well Zanmato could be considered cheating because it is a 1-hit kill to nearly everything. If ur talking about the magus sister's passado, that's not really cheating cause you have to get her strength up in order to do damage. Attack reels no because the game developers put it as wakka's 2 overdrive and they wanted to make a very weak person strong. Blitz ace no because only can hit 1 enemy and if you miss the middle at the end you miss major damge.Delta attack.....I'm not sure. It's beginning to look weak because sandy alone can do 99,999 (all of the magus sisters are pretty much cheating). Slice and dice ..sorta cause It hit's all enemies for a max. of 99,999 each

Mirage
11-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Zanmato cannot be considered cheating, because it is intentionally put in the game by the game developers. Furthermore, it's pointless saying "making a weak person strong", because every character can activate the same nodes, and you never know what paths other players chose.

TheSpoonyBard
11-14-2006, 08:06 PM
You need to realise the distinction between 'cheap' and 'cheating'. Some overpowered attacks could be considered cheap, but it's not cheating.

Ashley Schovitz
11-14-2006, 08:27 PM
What is Zanmato, I looked in my strategy guide and they have it as some status effect?

TheSpoonyBard
11-14-2006, 08:48 PM
It's Yojimbo's fourth special attack. It kills everything in one hit, with some exceptions.

Yunalesca, Braska's Final Aeon, Yu Yevon, underwater fiends, all bosses fought prior to the acquisition of Yojimbo, and all bosses fought without Yuna's presence.

opiumcloud
12-03-2006, 06:26 AM
They should've made at least 4 or 5 of the harder monster arena bosses immune to zanmato, to make the players squirm more.

Jessweeee♪
12-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Nope. It's cheap play maybe, but not cheating.

Plus they're a little difficult to aquire.

boys from the dwarf
12-03-2006, 08:54 AM
to beat the normal game using anima and the magus sisters is pretty cheap.

anima and the magus stisters can easily beat the final boss and yojimbo can kill most bosses. i feel ashamed for ever usign yojimbo agsint bosses which is why im replaying FFx without using yojimbo, anima or the magus sister.

against penance and dark aeons though and nemisis, its not cheap.

Simen
12-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Delta Attack is powerful, but you know what? Anima's Oblivion is even more powerful! It's not cheating.
Believe me, you need The Magus Sisters when you want to beat the Dark Aeons - really hard battles.

Mirage
12-03-2006, 03:15 PM
It's Yojimbo's fourth special attack. It kills everything in one hit, with some exceptions.

Yunalesca, Braska's Final Aeon, Yu Yevon, underwater fiends, all bosses fought prior to the acquisition of Yojimbo, and all bosses fought without Yuna's presence.
That's because Yunalesca is technically 3 different enemies fought one after another, and BFA is two.
I believe Yojimbo can kill any enemy, the only thing that limits you is when you have access to Yojimbo. Someone should hack in Yojimbo at a stage where you can't normally have him, and check if he can Zanmato stuff.

Tavrobel
12-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm fairly sure that's what they did to determine the Zanmato exceptions.

All it really boils down to is whether or not Yuna can use him, and multi-form monsters, and that's what matters.

"Cheating" as you are arguing about, also boils down to this: "Can I kill the enemy boss really fast with this?" In which, case, using a controller is a form of cheating. Thank God I don't fall under THAT category!

Omega_Weapon
12-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Delta Attack is powerful, but you know what? Anima's Oblivion is even more powerful! It's not cheating.
Believe me, you need The Magus Sisters when you want to beat the Dark Aeons - really hard battles.

They both do the same amount of damage

Tavrobel
12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
In PAL and Int., Delta does 2 hits, while Oblivion does 16 hits.

In the NTSC and NTSC-J, they do only one hit.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM
yojimbo can zanmato anything before his aqusition, as the zanmato chance figures are printed in the guide.

btw ther is some limit to using zanmato on harder bosses, they have a higher zanmato lvl meaning that in order for u to use zanmato ur relationship figure with yojimbo need sot be really high and u'll have to pull out all the stops to use it.

Tavrobel
12-03-2006, 06:25 PM
And that means nothing, because it doesn't.

Mirage
12-03-2006, 11:05 PM
In PAL and Int., Delta does 2 hits, while Oblivion does 16 hits.

In the NTSC and NTSC-J, they do only one hit.
I'm pretty sure I counted 3 hits on my PAL game. I'll check again later.

TheSpoonyBard
12-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Delta Attack hits six times in the PAL/Int. versions.

Simen
12-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Correct! Delta Attack hits 6 times (PAL) - easy to count.
And Oblivion hits around 12 times - very hard to count.

On my longest/best save (155 hours),
the Delta Attack does 150,000 in damage
and the Oblivion does 170,000 in damage.

So, Anima's overdrive is a little better!

TheSpoonyBard
12-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Delta Attack's maximum: 6 * 99,999 = 599,994
Oblivion's maximum: 16 * 99,999 = 1,599,984

Simen
12-04-2006, 08:32 PM
^ Excactly. But I don't damage maximum yet.

rubah
12-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Magus Sisters are the worst aeons in the game. They're the only aeons that you can't control, and don't have Zanmato. Only thing they're good for are blocking Dark Aeons' Overdrives.

It's very easy to control them; they aren't very random at all.

Always let mindy "Do as you wish" until she does passado, then have her repeat. If she doesn't, she will probably do a normal attack. She may occasionally use black magic, but as long as your aeons aren't reflected it is very seldom. Dont' have her do offensive magic.

Never have sandy do as she wishes. She willa lmost always cast reflect on one of the girls. Have her attack or do defensive magic.

Cindy can do whatever the heck she pleases. If you let her do as she wishes, she'll do autolife quite a bit.

Delta attack is almost never woprth doing. Using that turn to do two or three passados is.