PDA

View Full Version : my chaining quickies is weird

the_sandman
11-14-2006, 03:02 AM
how come everytime i try to chain my quickies, it gets all weird. i push r2 to make another player available to connect, and when a player is available, i push his button..like a square or something. and when i hit square its as if i pushed r2 again.

Necronopticous
11-14-2006, 03:25 AM
It's because that character is out of MP and you are using "Mist Charge" to charge their MP so you can use another Quickening. It only takes a second, and you'll be able to use it with that character immediately after. Keep pressing his/her corresponding button.

Leonffs
11-14-2006, 04:42 AM
It's because that character is out of MP and you are using "Mist Charge" to charge their MP so you can use another Quickening. It only takes a second, and you'll be able to use it with that character immediately after. Keep pressing his/her corresponding button.Although it can also be a good idea to use the mist charge and then wait for a split second to see of other mist charges are available, that way you will have two quickenings available for the next two hits in the chain. From what I've seen that is the best way to optimize your quickenings.

James16
11-14-2006, 04:38 PM
i guess with me its all jus a matter of luck!:D

RedRum
11-14-2006, 10:13 PM
so the little Orange things by the Characters name are called Mist Charges rite? if this is correct then you hav to keep on shuffling and pressing buttons until you use up all of the orange things?

Asiankido
11-15-2006, 05:19 AM
those orange things you see are the number of quickenings you have on a certain character.
1 orange thing is 1 mp bar. You can get 3 in all.
One of the good reasons why you should go for quickenings early in the game is because you can make use of the extra mps.

Mist charge will charge up the specified character's quickenings to a random amount, be it lvl 1, 2 or 3, based on luck i suppose.
Or....it can charge up and make mist charges available for other characters. The result it will bring will vary differently.

James16
11-15-2006, 04:02 PM
an plus if you did what i did an get level 2 quikenings early you can go threw bosses real easily! This dude told me it was cheating but he's jus mad cause i got threw things easly when he was stuck on them. :tongue: