PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I BEAT THE TRICKSTER?!!!

charliebrown87
11-14-2006, 05:18 AM
how the hell do i beat this damn hunt? i have no problem fighting him but once get him to HP critical he becomes immune to all pysical damage, then i try using magic and hes either immune or it heals him.
how can i kill that damn white chocobo Trickster?!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-14-2006, 05:32 AM
He regularly changes his elemental weakness, just like FFIII's Hain and FFVI's Magic Master before him. But I really never had to deal with it since I was too busy trying to stay alive to sacrifice any turns or MP to cast offensive spells. Fortunately, his physical immunity eventually evaporated, so I was able to finish him off with a good chain of Quickenings.

In other words, you can take up a lot of turns casting Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Dark/etc. spells and hope you stumble upon the right element before he shifts his weakness again, or you can just hang in there and wait for the barrier to drop.

Bahamut2000X
11-14-2006, 05:49 AM
Yeah I just waited for the barrier to drop as well. That immunity stuff is common for a lot of the stronger enemies, so get used to having to death with one type of damage or another doing nothing. Really it's just a matter of survival during those phases for the invincibility to fall.

charliebrown87
11-14-2006, 07:25 AM
cool, but would non-elemental magic help?

abrojtm
11-14-2006, 12:46 PM
What non-elemental magicks do you already have at that point? Flare, Scourge, Collapse, and a few others are the only ones I can think of, and they are high level.

When he used White Wind, I fled to a "safe" distance and let him slaughter Monid (The Bangaa). After that, he stopped agroing, and I went back and killed him once the White Wind dissipated.

charliebrown87
11-17-2006, 08:09 PM
buyah!!! thanks guys i jus beat him last night... i jus casted bubble on everybody and whooped him with shear power baby!...... lol i gotta start using quickenings... anyway its off to archades for me... hmmm... zeterain caverns... hmmm...