PDA

View Full Version : Kiss Me Good-Bye and the story (spoilers)

Sefie1999AD
11-14-2006, 03:14 PM
In almost all of the FF vocal/choral songs so far, the lyrics have had some connection to the story. One-Winged Angel describing Sephiroth's anger and other things, Eyes on Me was about the love between Laguna and Julia (and later Squall and Rinoa), Liberi Fatali was about the Fated Children (Squall and others), Melodies of Life was Garnet's Song of Memories, Otherworld was about Tidus going to Spira, Hymn of the Fayth was singing to Yu Yevon, Suteki Da Ne was about Tidus and Yuna's love and so forth.

Anyway, my question is if FFXII's vocal song, Kiss Me Good-Bye, has anything to do with the storyline like other FF songs do? If it does, who are the lyrics referring to? When I saw clips of the Japanese ending and didn't understand anything of the dialogue there, I thought the song was about Penelo loving Vaan, but since Vaan's dream was to become a Sky Pirate, she let him go so that he could fulfill his dream. That would be quite an emotional interpretation, though I don't think that's what the game is trying to say. How would you interpret the lyrics?

Dell
11-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Balthier and Fran died at the end of the game (Ashe cried). But Penelo said the Strahl (Balthier's ship) was stolen, there's a letter saying "Give this to our queen, will you?", there's also a ring which Balthier took from Ashe when they're going to Jahara. Ashe then smiles, it looks like Balthier and Fran is not dead at all. And Basch fulfilled Gabranth's wish of protecting Larsa by becoming Judge Gabranth, Larsa also smiles when he gives a letter to Basch (Maybe it's about him going home to Dalmasca). Penelo is now Vaan's Sky Pirate Partner and Vaan finally get an airship of his own but small....I guess the "Kiss Me Good Bye" was directed to all of the characters and is about the peace of Kingdom of Dalmasca, Archadia and Rozarria, New Ivalice. I think it pretty much shows Balthier and Ashe relationship, though, I really like Fran to be with Balthier