PDA

View Full Version : Start menu broken

Erdrick Holmes
11-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Somebody tell me how this happened?

crono_logical
11-14-2006, 04:58 PM
You unpinned everything from your start menu and cleared your most recently used programs list :p

Erdrick Holmes
11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Umm... no I didn't. It cleared itself overnight.

escobert
11-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Atleast it didn't uninstall windows overnight like my laptop has been.

Owen Macwere
11-14-2006, 08:20 PM
You choose to have no progs in your start menu, something you might have done by accident, to recover it go to start, right click and choose properties then customise and in the programs part raise the number from 0 to the most 6, they'll come back.

rubah
11-14-2006, 11:00 PM
It's what you get for not using the classic start menu style.

o_O
11-15-2006, 02:14 AM
It's what you get for using Windows.

Sylvie
11-15-2006, 02:25 AM
It's what you get for not using the classic start menu style.

Xaven
11-15-2006, 04:30 AM
You choose to have no progs in your start menu, something you might have done by accident, to recover it go to start, right click and choose properties then customise and in the programs part raise the number from 0 to the most 6, they'll come back.
No, you're obviously supposed to set it to show Small icons so you can fit 16 programs in your Start menu. >:o

Owen Macwere
11-15-2006, 10:42 AM
No, you're obviously supposed to set it to show Small icons so you can fit 16 programs in your Start menu. >:o

Oh, yes, right. ^^U

Mirage
11-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Start menus are supposed to be classic, and only have programs, documents, settings, search, run and shut down :(. Documents could probably be removed as well, that menu is so rarely used.

JKTrix
11-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Actually, Documents is very useful. If you use a particular file a lot, such as a spreadsheet or maybe a story you're writing, just click on that and it'll show it there.

But yeah, Classic menu wins. My desktop icons are almost always hidden, and any programs I frequently use are put in shortcuts on the taskbar, in the Quick Launch menu.

rubah
11-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Quick launch is of the devil.

My start menu could do without Log off, help and support, search, and anything in that space above programs.

heck, not all my programs are in programs, so might as well just have Run and leave it at that.

Mirage
11-15-2006, 11:09 PM
You can easily delete the items above programs, and I don't have log off, it's a sub-choice when I select shut down. Documents can be useful now and then, but I prefer just having a neat and systematic "My Documents". and quick launch is useful. I have winamp, Firefox and show desktop there. Saves me from having to minimize everything all my windows in order to start something.