PDA

View Full Version : Ok straight to the point... Quickenings...

charliebrown87
11-14-2006, 07:50 PM
all right please be as general as possible... what buttons do i push for quickenings... thats it...

BustaMo
11-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Traingle, Square, and "X" to activate the next chain of a character Quickening. They will show up on the bottom right of the screen next to a certain character's name in white. If there are all grey, hit "R2" to shuffle the choices and hopefully land a white character name. If the words "Mist Charge" show up in white, hit that then immediately hit the button again to trigger that character's Quickening.

Leonffs
11-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Traingle, Square, and "X" to activate the next chain of a character Quickening. They will show up on the bottom right of the screen next to a certain character's name in white. If there are all grey, hit "R2" to shuffle the choices and hopefully land a white character name. If the words "Mist Charge" show up in white, hit that then immediately hit the button again to trigger that character's Quickening.you should pay attention after activating a mist charge instead of instantly pressing the button again because many times you can get 2 or even 3 mist charges in one shot :)

The Unknown Guru
11-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah. After using them a lot, you eventually change how you work the combos. My biggest combo is about 12. It was MAD.

Anyway, just hit the button of the character whose quickening you want to use. If only one person has a quickening, then you can't do combos.

Asiankido
11-15-2006, 05:13 AM
Heya~ looks like i can give a few tips here:

O yea...my record for longest quickening chain? 22 :D

anyways here it is:

When you first start a quickening, start it with a lvl 1 or lvl 2 quickening first. The lvl depends on how much mp you will use (3 gold circles if you have all 3) If you have all 3 quickening, go for lvl 1 or 2. If you have 2 quickening, go with lvl 1 quickening first. This is so that after the first quickening is activated, the same character has mp left for another one, or a mist charge.

Second: If you see a quickening available, but also a mist charge for another character, go for the mist charge first. However, if time is short, go for the available one. The mist charge is random, it can charge up the character it was given to, or it can mist charge others. If you have enough time, see only 1 quickening available with a mist charge for another, go for the mist charge. Chances are, you will have 2 more characters available with renewed quickenings.

Reflex is key here. If you do not see any quickenings, shuffle quickly with the R2 button, but do it with just enough speed so that you don't accidentally shuffle and skip over an available quickening. This happened to me a few times and ruined my quickening chains. If, after you shuffle, you see a mist charge and 1 quickening, try out the 2nd tip above.

After you have done a mist charge, if you see another mist charge pop up, go for that as well, given time is enough. One major factor that can chain quickenings for long periods of time is the mist charges. Although the amount it can charge is random, its better than using up all available quickenings and having to shuffle because you have no mp left. This is how i chained 22-chain style~ Ending AOE was Luminence I think....or was it something else? (I think it was ice-like aoe...forgot what it was called)

Well...there you go, my few cents.

Dell
11-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Heya~ looks like i can give a few tips here:

O yea...my record for longest quickening chain? 22 :D

anyways here it is:

When you first start a quickening, start it with a lvl 1 or lvl 2 quickening first. The lvl depends on how much mp you will use (3 gold circles if you have all 3) If you have all 3 quickening, go for lvl 1 or 2. If you have 2 quickening, go with lvl 1 quickening first. This is so that after the first quickening is activated, the same character has mp left for another one, or a mist charge.

Second: If you see a quickening available, but also a mist charge for another character, go for the mist charge first. However, if time is short, go for the available one. The mist charge is random, it can charge up the character it was given to, or it can mist charge others. If you have enough time, see only 1 quickening available with a mist charge for another, go for the mist charge. Chances are, you will have 2 more characters available with renewed quickenings.

Reflex is key here. If you do not see any quickenings, shuffle quickly with the R2 button, but do it with just enough speed so that you don't accidentally shuffle and skip over an available quickening. This happened to me a few times and ruined my quickening chains. If, after you shuffle, you see a mist charge and 1 quickening, try out the 2nd tip above.

After you have done a mist charge, if you see another mist charge pop up, go for that as well, given time is enough. One major factor that can chain quickenings for long periods of time is the mist charges. Although the amount it can charge is random, its better than using up all available quickenings and having to shuffle because you have no mp left. This is how i chained 22-chain style~ Ending AOE was Luminence I think....or was it something else? (I think it was ice-like aoe...forgot what it was called)

Well...there you go, my few cents.

You beat my record. :( :whimper: :kaocry2:
I get Luminescense too (For my 20 hit).

Raistlin
11-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Heh, I got Whiteout for a 12 or 13-chain. Pure luck. I've done higher chains with a lower finisher.

Asiankido
11-15-2006, 08:11 PM
i believe that depending on what lvl of quickenings you used the most, the last aoe effect varies.

my friend who played and beat ff 12 japanese version told me that if you use lvl 3 quickenings for a certain number of times, you get a rare but powerful aoe called blackhole~

but then, we all know this is hard cause, mist charge and luck should be pretty high to pull off multiple lvl 3 quickenings.....

i think the highest number of lvl 3s i got was around 4.....and that was when i got whiteout~

Jowy
11-15-2006, 08:13 PM
It's four level 3 quickenings for each character.

abrojtm
11-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Not for Black Hole--
Four Rank 3 Quickenings would cause absolutely nothing, five would cause White Out
Three Rank 3's, Three 2's, and Three 1's makes Luminescense whereas two of each causes Ark Blast. Black Hole, the most powerful Concurrence is created by making four of each rank in a single chain (minimum 12 chain). My highest record is 18.

RedRum
11-15-2006, 09:44 PM
how come when i do quickenings i do like 154 attack and then on other times i do like around 1455 or somtin like that. Wen im doing a quickening with one charcter i just randomly press R2 and Triangle until i either get another try at the quickening or until the timer runs out. Is it because of my method?

ShinigamiWolf
11-15-2006, 11:54 PM
i all just depends on what quickening is used a lower level one is gonna cause less damage and I've seen blackhole a few times and love it's effect. my highest chain was 21 and I did it while managing to take a picture

Tainted Angel
11-16-2006, 07:25 PM
*snip*

Mad reflexez.. aka: I'm sunk.

Fuck it. Anybody want a copy of the CE? Only 70 dollars with the stratguide, fran is on the cover of the actual guide.

Quaility: Usable.

I am so going to fucking sell this PoS.. Quickenings and fucking minigames from hell.

Ogrius
12-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Ok, I have absolutely no idea how yall are doing this. First off, I have yet to see a "Mist" appear in white so never have I been able to recover a mist charge. 2nd, half the time when I hit the x, triabgle, square, or circle, it freakin refreshes the stuff just as if I had hit R2, even when I don't touch R2 that time around at all. The highest I have gotten is 6. What the hell could I possibly be doing so wrong to not even stand a chance?

Mirage
12-12-2006, 11:16 PM
*snip*

Mad reflexez.. aka: I'm sunk.

smurf it. Anybody want a copy of the CE? Only 70 dollars with the stratguide, fran is on the cover of the actual guide.

Quaility: Usable.

I am so going to smurfing sell this PoS.. Quickenings and smurfing minigames from hell.
It's not like you're going to use quickenings a lot after a certain point anyway. If you stop playing just because you have trouble pulling those off, you're being a bit silly, I think.

LazarCotoron
12-12-2006, 11:48 PM
I only use the quickenings as situational tools... Since they blow your MP, they aren't precisely useful.

It's actually kind've nice to come back to a game that makes you think before hitting the panic button.

Sparky
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Do these:
| Name | Rank 1,2,3
+-----------------+---------+---------+---------+-----------+
| Ark Blast 2 2 2
| Black Hole 4 4 4
| Cataclysm 7 0 0
| Inferno 3 0 0
| Luminescence 0 0 5
| Torrent 2 3
| Whiteout 3 3 3