PDA

View Full Version : explosions in the sky

-N-
11-15-2006, 12:58 AM
I saw them live last night and I almost cried. I still haven't gotten over the show - I've been in a daze all day. This was the best show I've ever been to - beat the unbeatable Radiohead show I saw live a few years back.

Seeing them live was incredible - their music is so divine it is still hard for me to imagine it's all created by only four down-to-earth guys playing three guitars and a drum set. If ever there was factual support for the position that God rests in all human beings, this band would be it.

You don't have to have saw them live, or even be a reverent fanatic, to contribute to this thread. What's your favorite song/album/etc.? I can't wait for their new album to come out.

Rye
11-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Dan is gonna like this thread~

Dan introduced me to them, and they're fantastic. Your Hand In Mine makes me cry, it's beautiful.

DK
11-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Snow and Lights, Have you passed through this night?, Your hand in Mine, Glittering Blackness, Magic hours, take your pick because I can't choose which one is my favourite.

They are awesome.

Shine On...
11-15-2006, 02:38 AM
Man, I love this band. i totally agree with you Neel, they are freakin' amazing. I really love all of their material, (except the Friday Night Lights Soundtrack :shudder: )

They are coming out with a new album in the Spring of 2007.
'The Moon Is Down' 'Glittering Blackness' 'Your Hand in Mine'... Really, I love every song by them.

I can't wait until they come to Edmonton. (I hope they do)

GooeyToast
11-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Explosions is bliss. I could listen to The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place on repeat for hours.

First Breath, Only Moment We Were Alone, Your Hand In Mine, Yasmiin The Light, Look Into The Air - all incredible.

jrgen
11-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Good stuff.

41-Inches-Wide
11-15-2006, 09:00 AM
:choc2: I love going to sleep listening to First Breath After Coma, so I think that makes it my favorite.

charliepanayi
11-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I bought The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place about a month ago and liked it - especially The Only Moment We Were Alone, which explodes into a great climax (and I really like the almost military-like march sound of Your Hand In Mine). Just ordered How Strange Innocence and Those Who Tell The Truth... today, so looking forward to hearing them when I get them.

-N-
11-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Not to revive a dead thread, but I forgot to add my favorites.

Yasmin the Light - god this is amazing
First Breath After Coma - also so awesome and uplifting
Magic Hours - instant classic
Look Into the Air - really a nice song. Just really nice.

Has anyone heard their EP "The Rescue"? Wondering what you all think about it.

It's really easy to like "How Strange" if its the first you've heard, but after finally appreciating the Earth and Those Who Tell The Truth albums I can't go back as much. I understand how they feel about it now.

XxSephirothxX
11-22-2006, 08:03 AM
I listened to The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place yesterday. I liked it a lot. I had it on in the background, so I didn't focus specifically on what aspects of it I especially enjoyed. I have a harder time really appreciating instrumental-only music, as it's not as immediately identifiable for me as something with lyrics. Still, I'm looking forward to listening to more. The song I remember enjoying the most was "First Breath After Coma," but we'll see if that changes after a few more listens.

Shine On...
11-23-2006, 02:59 AM
Not to revive a dead thread, but I forgot to add my favorites.

Yasmin the Light - god this is amazing
First Breath After Coma - also so awesome and uplifting
Magic Hours - instant classic
Look Into the Air - really a nice song. Just really nice.

Has anyone heard their EP "The Rescue"? Wondering what you all think about it.

It's really easy to like "How Strange" if its the first you've heard, but after finally appreciating the Earth and Those Who Tell The Truth albums I can't go back as much. I understand how they feel about it now.

Oh Yeah, The rescue is great, I really like it, because itsa different from their regular stuff and I respect the change in direction. I love how they divided it into days.

krissy
11-24-2006, 04:28 AM
i liek the rescue but i don't think it'd bring me to tears :(

-N-
12-18-2006, 04:08 AM
new album is awesome (got a promo yesterday)

Ryth
12-18-2006, 04:28 AM
I've been interested in this band for a while but haven't gotten my hands on anything as of yet.

-N-
12-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Their CDs sell for decent prices at their website - www.explosionsinthesky.com