PDA

View Full Version : This has got to be the coolest thing in ages.

Mittopotahis
11-15-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a Firefox 2 feature, but it may be EoFF, I don't know. But I found it awesome. When posting on the net, like I am doing right now, it shows you all your spelling errors just like it does in Microsoft Word. This is really going to help me as I am pretty terrible at typing and I am always finding myself instantly editing a post to fix the typos.

How good are you at spelling and typing?

Samuraid
11-15-2006, 07:10 AM
It's a Firefox 2 feature, and I'm loving it. It saves having to go to dictionary.reference.com frequently to look up words.

As for spelling, I'm reasonably good at it. And typing, I never fully learned the correct way. I look at my hands quite often when I type, but can get something around 60+ wpm so I never bothered to learn the right way. :p

edczxcvbnm
11-15-2006, 07:12 AM
I suck at spelling but I have no care to upgrade to firefox 2 yet. The current install I have of 1.504 or what ever doesn't memory leak.

Rase
11-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Yeah, it's pretty much the best thing in the world for me right now, since I hate having to look up a word to find the correct spelling. :up:

As for typing, I'm okay. I, like Samuraid, never really learned to "properly" type, and so I need to look at the keyboard when I do (which is a pain in FPS's), but I'm fairly quick. I usually do good with spelling, and most typos I make are due to me trying to type fast and hitting the wrong key. If I don't know how a word is spelled I always look it up rather than just guess.

DK
11-15-2006, 09:12 AM
I want to know how to turn it off, or at the very least turn it to UK English.

Levian
11-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Having English as a second language has never been easier. :monster:

Iceglow
11-15-2006, 10:48 AM
I used it a while but it was american english which got on my nerves, pretty sure if you look in plugins under tools you can switch it off.

I learnt to type by looking at the keyboard but then I just kept bringing my eyes up more when playing counterstrike. Now I can look at the screen and still speed type, it's good for gaming but most of the games I play now are rpgs where I don't need to be able to do so. Looks impressive for me when I go to offices on trial days as many who claim speed typing look at the keyboard and make mistakes on the screen, not hitting a key fully enough to depress it ect not many people are accurate and fast and self taught most have to go on a typist's course for it.

It's a case of knowing the qwerty layout very well (or whatever the layout in your country is) however I have to learn each keyboard type individually for example, my laptop I am still trying to get used to the apostrophe key being so close and so similar in feel to the return key. It's a different colour but it feels the same so thats my most common mistake on the keyboard over msn. That and because it is all cramped up for me I hit x instead of c when typing seconds or "just give me a sec." which can either be seen as funny or rude lol.

Xander
11-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Oooh..why haven't I downloaded firefox 2 yet? *puts on list*

ps. I never make spelling mistakes though!

pps. give me a sex *giggles*

Oh and because I keep forgetting to read the whole of the thread topic before replying *guilty* I'm great at typing. I think I can type over 100wpm the last time I checked.. yeah 111.14wpm was my record on an online test thing. I don't look at the keyboard and I only use two fingers to type, so not touch typing.. and apparently it's meant to make you slower, but it just makes me a bit noisier :p I think I've just loved to type for so long, can't get enough. It's one of those addicting things!

Mittopotahis
11-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Oh and because I keep forgetting to read the whole of the thread topic before replying *guilty* I'm great at typing.
I am now convinced you are one of my youth leaders with that little *guilty*. Are you?

Markus. D
11-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Oh and because I keep forgetting to read the whole of the thread topic before replying *guilty* I'm great at typing.
I am now convinced you are one of my youth leaders with that little *guilty*. Are you?

PLANET SHAKERZ :D

Mittopotahis
11-15-2006, 12:10 PM
PLANET SHAKERZ :D

Hahaha. xD

I have just convinced Tsukasa in joining me to come to Planetshakers next year. He (and I) are very excited about it. Just thought you may want to know. :P

Quindiana Jones
11-15-2006, 04:14 PM
MI SPEELN REWLZ.

Seriously though, I have fantastic spelling.

Reles
11-15-2006, 04:26 PM
I used to be awesome at spelling, but now that I'm learning multiple languages, it gets to be very difficult. I'll sometimes mix up French with English spellings, just because some of the words are very similiar, also when writing notes, I have a tendency to switch in and out of different languages, it's annoying, but funny. I really wish I could spell as well as I used to, but I'll blame it on that for now.

In any case, I really hope people don't become lazy with these sorts of things and actually -learn- how to spell and instead neglect it and let a computer do their work for them. I find it's essential, while most wouldn't. That's just me, preserving our old-fashioned ways.

Denmark
11-15-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm usually a good typist and if I leave a typo in my typing it's typically intentional. I don't know what my wpm is, but it's probably fairly decent. and it annoys me that when i don't capitalize the "i" in, say, "i'm", firefox says "omg it's spelled wrong!". and it also annoys me that common internet acronyms such as omg, wtf, and lolz are not in firefox's dictionary. this post added absolutely nothing to the thread, did it.

NorthernChaosGod
11-15-2006, 08:54 PM
I believe myself to be a rather good typer and speller, but I do occasionally mess up now and then. I will have to get FF 2.

Chloe.
11-15-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm alright at spelling. :bigsmile:

rubah
11-15-2006, 10:05 PM
I turned the spell checker off.

Luara
11-15-2006, 10:19 PM
my english sucks so bad, I dont know if that could help me with something :choc2:

oddler
11-15-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm decent. I try very hard.

Cloudane
11-16-2006, 12:24 AM
That'll be Firefox 2.

I'm not a fan - I'm a very good speller already, so the only thing it picks up on are all the rude words I use in other forums, or names and fictional words. So it's just annoying to me.

Spammerman
11-16-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm awesome at spelling when Im not typing fast, like when I have to do a report.

Yuffie514
11-16-2006, 04:44 AM
i've always had good spelling, but i often make typos...

Alex151
11-16-2006, 04:59 AM
I can spell good, I cant type so well though. I made my own style of typing, and I type so fast that I dont pay attention to what I actually type and anything that starts in th like the or there, always ends up like hte or htere

Yamaneko
11-16-2006, 05:12 AM
It's a great feature. I tend to spell phonetically since Spanish was my first language, so it really helps to have that there.